Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 8,137 times

Advertisements

We are looking at relocating to Driggs or Victor. Like some other folks, I'm concerned about the quality of the schools. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2006, 01:39 AM

2 posts, read 13,369 times
Default I'd go with Victor.

There really isn't much difference in the quality of education between Victor and Driggs. If I were you I'd live in Victor, It's less populated and prettier, not to mention featured in the movie Continental Divide. It would be a great place to grow up.

Old 03-10-2006, 04:49 PM

1 posts, read 8,131 times
I was born and raised in Victor. I am 33 now and currently live in California. It was a great place to live with wonderful people. There are problems there as there are any where else. If you can take the winters, more power to you!

Old 03-29-2006, 07:43 PM

1 posts, read 8,131 times
Smile Victor Driggs

There are good schools in Jackson and Wilson, Wyoming which is 25 minutes away...also, because these are two small mountain towns, people tend to educate their children outside of school as well. Since we moved here, many kids seem to be pretty smart and into sking and other fun activities. It is GREAT LIVING HERE...There is so much to do...we live in Victor. Biking, hiking, sking, running, you name it, the kids will love it here. Good luck any more questions feel free to ask or contact me...
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Tetonview; 03-29-2006 at 07:46 PM..

Old 04-18-2006, 10:47 PM
JAB

7 posts, read 36,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetonview
There are good schools in Jackson and Wilson, Wyoming which is 25 minutes away...
I was looking at the City-Data for Victor, Idaho

www.city-data.com/city/Victor-Idaho.html

and noticed they only listed

VICTOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 146; Location: 43 EAST CENTER STREET; Grades: 01 - 05) grades

Is this correct? And if so, where would most kids go after this in ID, and any extra expenses involved (besides transportation).

thanks,

Old 08-22-2009, 05:05 AM

3 posts, read 26,555 times
All the above feedback is 3 years old now, however, if anyone else is looking for a good school in Victor, how about the Teton Valley Community School, (TVCS) it is a private school but the offer financial aid and they are AWESOME. My kid may well end up there, we are moving there in a few days and I am waiting to hear back from Journey School in Jackson Hole. Then I have to think about the commute for my son though. I sort of think the /TVCS is a better fit for him. He is going to be 6 and being closer to home would be nicer for him. This school is great academically, they also offer the kids animal husbandry and gardening. They have goats and chickens for the kids to learn to take care of, I LOVE THAT. Rivermom.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:09 PM

6 posts, read 18,828 times
We are looking to move to the Teton Valley and I would appreciate any feedback on the school systems in Driggs and Victor. Mainly the puplic schools. thanks!

Old 03-13-2011, 04:24 PM

2 posts, read 6,517 times
The schools aren't too bad. As with any place, there are good teachers and bad teachers. Unfortunately, the bad teachers are tenured, however our new school principal seems to be on the ball and is scoping out the bad ones. Home schooling is an option I suppose....although the kids we know that are home schooled are a little weird. Jackson and Wilson are just over the pass if you are ok putting your kids on a bus over a dangerous mountains pass every day or driving them....I am not.

That said, we are looking to leave this area...for economic and other "small town issue" reasons. Hopefully, we will maintain a presence here for vacations and getaways....

Good luck!

Old 03-13-2011, 04:34 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,432,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
I was looking at the City-Data for Victor, Idaho

www.city-data.com/city/Victor-Idaho.html

and noticed they only listed

VICTOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 146; Location: 43 EAST CENTER STREET; Grades: 01 - 05) grades

Is this correct? And if so, where would most kids go after this in ID, and any extra expenses involved (besides transportation).

thanks,
All Teton County, (Teton, ID) residents who attend public school go to high school in Driggs.

BTW - I might have missed this, but have you checked out the difference in housing costs between Driggs and Victor? It may not be an issue for you, but it is for most.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:01 PM

271 posts, read 1,125,626 times
What is the best driving route to Victor coming from Cheyenne on route 80? Thanks for your reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: