Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2007, 11:50 AM

3 posts, read 155,484 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a teton-view wedding. We are wanting to be married in July of 08 and would love to be near the tetons. Have looked in Jackson Hole but am astonished by the prices. Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 09:19 PM

4 posts, read 14,447 times
Try the Church of the Transfiguration in Grand Teton National Park. It's a very small frontier chapel with a picture window behind the alter that frames the Tetons. Really beautiful and intimate, but lots of outdoor space. It's not an actual church with a congregation. I could be wrong but I don't think it's very expensive based on the people I know who've been married there.

Also try the "other side" of the Tetons. Grand Targhee in Alta, Wyoming, which you access from Driggs, Idaho. Same great views, but much lower prices. Hope that helps.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:43 PM

3 posts, read 155,484 times
Thank you for the info...We did love the church you mentioned, but you were right, very expensive for just the ceremony. Keeping our options open. Thank you!

Old 08-29-2007, 06:53 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,362 times
I have an idea, maybe this is not the atmosphere you would want, but hey, you would definitely have the Tetons in the background. What about a float trip down the river? Not white water or anything like that but a simple float trip. There's a company in Jackson Hole, the name eludes me right now that does 2 hour float trips. Beautiful scenery all around and especially of the Tetons. It would be very affordable and depending on how many people, you could rent out additional rafts. Of course everyone does have to wear life jackets, but hey, you can take pictures before you get on the boats. I know this is not your traditional wedding, but this could be a very unique experience.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:11 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times
Smile Hmmm, A Couple of other Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdenver View Post
Thank you for the info...We did love the church you mentioned, but you were right, very expensive for just the ceremony. Keeping our options open. Thank you!
Have you tried posting in the WY threads? The only problem I see with that is a lot of the answers are very abrupt. Also, there are some attitudes about "our Jackson Hole."

If you know of any churches where you are presently, you may want to contact them and ask about "sister churches" in Jackson. It's not the best suggestion, but I'm not sure what I can suggest that gives you more info than you've obtained.

Everywhere that is beautiful has a price tag, in Jackson. I haven't heard of Harrison Ford or Sandra Bullock renting out their Jackson digs, among others, for weddings.

My best advice is hang in there and keep trying every option you can. Maybe someone from the WY thread knows some back areas. Instead of listing just about Jackson, you might want to write Jackson/Wilson/Alta area. Some people won't read if they think you are only interested in Jackson.

I hope that helps - I honestly don't know what else to suggest at the moment. Do you follow the Jackson Daily website? If not, let me know via PM and I'll send you the link. Maybe a person trying to do business in Jackson may have other ideas and be helpful.

Good luck - something will feel right or you'll get connected to the right person somehow. Torrie suggested an interesting idea. I think I might know who that outfitter is.

Stay focused on what really matters and somehow the rest will fall in place.

MSR

Old 11-24-2013, 07:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,290 times
Hey,
I am getting married this summer at grand Targhee ski resort and was thinking about having my rehearsal dinner in Driggs, Idaho, any recommendations on where I should have it? Also anyone who has been married at Grand Targhee ski resort any information on how you decorated or set things up would be appreciated.
Thanks

Old 11-25-2013, 07:43 PM

584 posts, read 576,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sio22 View Post
Hey,
I am getting married this summer at grand Targhee ski resort and was thinking about having my rehearsal dinner in Driggs, Idaho, any recommendations on where I should have it? Also anyone who has been married at Grand Targhee ski resort any information on how you decorated or set things up would be appreciated.
Thanks
Teton Thai is a great place right at the bottom of Ski Hill Road in Driggs. Teton Springs and Linn Canyon Ranch, just down the road in Victor, are both wonderful. All three places provide top notch guest service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: