Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 06:20 AM

18 posts, read 114,088 times

Advertisements

We Are A Big Family In Ny Thinking Of Moving To Driggs/victor Area Of Idaho.
Does Anyone Have Any Info. On These Areas?
We Are Sick Of Long Island Fast Paced Life- Everything Is About Money.
Any Thoughts?
Thanks
Amy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2007, 08:43 AM

241 posts, read 998,258 times
Driggs and Victor are very very slow. No work unless you travel over the pass into Jackson Hole WY. Victor is supposed to have a new golf course but I don't know if it is finished yet.

It is a beautiful area but not much to do if you aren't into outdoor activities.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:34 AM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,064,789 times
Jackson is all about money, so you may not want to work over there if you're trying to get away from that. Driggs really isn't that far from Rexburg and some others so there are other job opportunities with less trecherous roads to drive on in the winter. Driggs is absolutely beautiful by the way, I would like to live there myself.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:26 AM

241 posts, read 998,258 times
I use to drive the pass every Friday for 4 yrs and my husband drove it, in an 86 caddy at that, everyday for a yr or more and it was never trecherous. They take good care of the pass during the winter and if you know how to drive you can come off of the pass without ever touching your brakes and keeping at 45 mph or less.

HWY 33 from Rexburg on into Tetonia was many times icy and blown over. HWY 32 out of Ashton to Tetonia was better taken care of when I was there than 33 was.

Driggs to Rexbuirg is 47.2 miles, Driggs to Jackson Hole is 33.3
Victor to Rexburg is 55.6 miles and Victor to Jackson Hole is 24.9

The only thing wrong with driving the pass is that it is hard on your tranny if you don't know how to use it right. True Jackson is expensive but their pay is much higher than Rexburg and they are more accepting of ppl from other states than Rexburg is.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:28 PM

171 posts, read 1,052,024 times
There is a super private school in the Driggs/Victor area called the Teton Valley Community School and also very reasonable.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:37 PM

989 posts, read 3,524,919 times
I had a cabin near there for a number of years. I LOVE IT THERE. Laid back life and very pretty. You better be rich though.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:02 PM

39 posts, read 207,942 times
You would love it. I can't think of a more beautiful place to live. It is pretty expensive to live there compared to other places around (Rexburg, Rigby, and Idaho Falls). But it probably isn't expensive compared to NY. And it's a pretty Liberal area for around here. But once again, not to liberal compared to NY. So it is probably perfect for you. How many kids in your family? Have you ever been there before?

Old 10-13-2007, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 22,074 times
I grew up in Victor. For the most part people are friendly. It used to be very conservative, but as more people move in it is becoming more liberal. It is a small town and there is a grocery store in Victor, it sells organic foods, but if you aren't into organic the next closest grocery store is is Driggs. The library in Victor is small but has a pretty good selection of materials and the ladies that work there are really nice about helping you find what you want to read, if they don't have it they can try to get it through interlibrary loans. The public school in Victor (grades 1-5) is a little old, but I got a pretty good education there and the teachers are all nice. Kindergarten is in Driggs and Middle School and High School are as well. There is also an elementary school in Driggs. The closest hospital to Victor is also in Driggs. I've never had a bad experience at the hospital. It isn't very big, but it is nice, and the staff are wonderful. The nurses are friendly, the doctors are really good.
The area is beautiful. If you like outdoor activities like hiking, biking, riding ATVs in the summer and skiing, snowboarding, snowmachining, and playing in the snow in the winter, it is great. However, if you don't like snow, I wouldn't recommend it, because the snow can last from begining of November to the middle of May with random weather in the summer(like snow in june or july). I love it and want to go back someday.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:09 PM

2 posts, read 24,511 times
Default Life in Driggs, Idaho...

Here's a blog I do called "Livin' in Driggs" that might be of some help:

Livin' in Driggs

Old 10-27-2007, 05:44 PM

82 posts, read 370,706 times
Theres big building restrictions in Driggs right now so you'll have to buy already built. They are working really hard to keep it from turning into another Jackson hole area. Its not at all liberal, its and old faming town and very conservative. IMHO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho