Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is there prejudice in Idaho?
100% 1 5.56%
80% 5 27.78%
50% 3 16.67%
25% 3 16.67%
10% 5 27.78%
none 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 09:42 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,503 times

Advertisements

Oh izzy you one of those we have been warned about on these sites. Guess your not so bad. Its funny I have been here almost 15 years and the Mormons have appoarched me I just let them know I am not interested and they must have taken me off there stop by list. I do appreciate that so I don't have to continue asking them not to stop by but, I have never felt them trying to convert me. I come from very strong LDS background but just found the LDS church was not for me.

Zrahin thanks for starting this thread it has been interesting and Welcome to Idaho hopefully you and your family will find it as nice of a state as those of us who live here. Good Luck

Old 11-08-2006, 12:34 PM

318 posts, read 1,316,946 times
Yes...I'm one of those you've been warned about It's funny...I'm both CA and LDS. I will either be accepted because I'm mormon...or rejected because I'm from CA. I can never win But hey, life is too short to worry about it. I have always been an independent soul.

I wish the market would go back up here so we can sell our house and move. Catch you later.

Izzy

Old 11-08-2006, 11:18 PM
KJG

24 posts, read 105,915 times
Cool Jesus Freak I am..*L*

Hi,
I want to say thanks for all that has been spoken here. I say this with the utmost respect so please no one take offence to my words. The way i see it I am Spiritual- I don't play church-i don't "walk" any diff then my "talk" I refuse to push my beliefes on any one, I am just simply searching for answers about a place to worship the way i do. I cant take this to a diff. site because if i did i would be Convicted for not standing up for Our Father who gave us life. This is were Persucusion (spelling?) comes in. If I cant stand up on a site and maybe take it some where else where it is excepted- then how am i going to stand up for God when a choice is going to have to be made about getting the "mark"- or prayer in school- or teaching my daughter to stand up for her rights as simple as this. I teach her to stand firmly on the word of God, not shutter from it. I don't force my God on any one. But i will say that I belive that there is two realms and one is Hell and one is heaven and we must live by one of them , so i choose God. so my way of life would indeed revolve around God and lucifer do to spiritual warfare and one is always at battle so thats what i talk,live and breath, that is just me- its very hard for me to act one way because "God" came up and then act another way when im not on a certain site- or around certain people.

I will say this If i saw you on the street i would talk to you, because thats who i am. I talk to the homless- the junkies- the hopless-the scared- the hurt. i get right down in the middle of it all because i do not judge and i feel all is equal, there is no one better then another. just some stumble and need some words of hope. daughter and I, pack sack lunchs and hand out, buy gift cards, gife hats- coats and etc. WHY because thats what we are suppose to be doing Loving our neighbor. any ways I hope someone sees some good in this. God Bless, much peace and many blessings

Old 11-09-2006, 08:28 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,503 times
Default Sit where you may be heard

KJG, One thing Beliefnet.net is not just a Christian site it is for all beliefs out there pagan,wicca,Muslim,Buddhist,Mormons etc. and you can either converse with ones of your faith or those of other faiths you can debate or just chat. Some people are nicer then others be warned!!
If you feel this is the place you need to speak out its not my place to tell you otherwise, I just thought you might feel like you where getting somewhere on that site since its what its' setup for. Good Day

Old 11-09-2006, 11:55 AM

hi Kjg,

One thing to keep in mind...the old saying " You catch more flies with sugar than vingar". You can state your beliefs and people will listen. But if you draw a line in the sand folks will turn away. Bring the word of the lord to others...but for them to listen...you need a little sugar

Folks get to know you and...in the process they get to know the lord. We tell our kids, how would you act and talk if the lord was standing next to you?

I hear and feel your spirit...but I also feel your anger and judging of others that haven't heard the lord's message. Pray about it...and ask the lord if he would be just as happy with you, if you were more accepting of others christian or not.

God bless and I really do admire your commitment to the lord.

Izzy

Old 11-09-2006, 09:42 PM

They have been in CA for 25 years. They live in the usa not Afghanistan. They are american enough to understand some areas of the usa are more welcoming than others.

When I was growing up in CA...back in the 70's. I moved to Virginia. I felt they were 30 years behind the times in accepting others...really behind in the acceptance of African American. There was the white side of town and the black side of town. A definate split. And the black side was very poor. It was a real shock for a CA to experience in the time of enlightenment. Of course I kept my enlightenment to myself...they weren't ready for me to point it out to them

Now...a Virginia person would have felt at the time...that I was one of those "CA residents". How dare I call them behind the times

It all depends on what side of the fence you're on. The new person coming in or the life long resident in the area. Granted the statement "30 years behind in their mentality in accepting other ethnicities." Would sound rude to a Idaho resident. But it some ways their comment is "A coastal point of view".

CA residents sometimes think that all trends start on both coast. LA or NY and moves inward. I myself think the Real Estate slump moves from the coast inward. So maybe their attitude is more CA than Afganistan

Izzy

Old 11-10-2006, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,413 times
After reading these posts, I've felt inclinded to give some input and feedback.
zrahin original post read: Prejudice and Racism in Idaho.
then the last post from SDD talks about apostasy.

Dear ZRahin, please note these are my opinions, based upon 14 years of observation in Boise. If an individual walks around with a spot-light focused on them that shouts "I am an xzy and don't want to belong" you will not belong and will not be bothered. However, if you show up at a lecture, and share your veiws they will be listened to.

In the State of Ada, my might be accepted as you are. There are hundreds of individuals who have been welcomed to Boise. But, do not expect to be accepted or respected in certain areas in northern Idaho. I am as Anglo-Saxon, Norman as one can be in Idaho. I am a 10th generation American, whom family were very early immigants of puritan belief. I can tell you that I have been run off the road by Loggers who assumed I was a "lefty - Environmentalist." I have been thrown out of a bar in Ketchum because the cowboy thought "I was *****." I've been shot at, because I was in the wrong neighborhood, and as a white-man stood out.

So, yeah - there is indeed Prejudice and Racism in Idaho - but it's normally by the minority against the majority.

If you walk "in peace and love" for your fellow man, you should get along just fine. However, if you want to inflict your beliefs up on us, there will be push back. Some science about for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

to SDD, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostate#In_Islam
or goto: http://www.jihadwatch.org

DCG1956

Old 11-10-2006, 07:54 PM

218 posts, read 1,486,877 times
The mining towns of North Idaho are pretty accepting of everybody.
I'm not sure what the Arian Nation situation is up around Rathdrum anymore.
They're the minority for sure! Last time they did a parade in CD'A, I heard the only attention they got was a couple of dogs barking as they passed their yards. Can't speak for the rest of the state. Given it's geography, there is at least three entirely separate regions. Other folks thoughts?

Old 11-13-2006, 12:30 AM
KJG

Default izzy

Not angry at all. I'm just tired of people suggesting that i should go somewhere else to speak my beliefes. I just pulled my daughter out of school because her teacher is "muteing her in her beliefe as well" "teacher told the class " Don't belive anything the bible says for it has not been proven and thre is only one account of it". far from angry , I simply do not understand the ignorance of some as such.

and for the record, where i go to worship, we leave our doctrin at the door, so the people who i worship with are Jewish, muslim, mormons, and so on, we all have diff. beliefes but we have one thing in common we love God.

so by assuming that i may be angry at some who don't believe would be wrong to do. because your judgeing me, not ok. One cant judge when one has touched almost every beliefe.

what your hearing in my post is me simply being up front, honest and just seeking a place to to worship if i intend to move, because I am not afraid to to step out and honor my God. I have friends whos "God" is Lucifer" so understand please....that im just stepping out as I am told too.

Because i try very hard to "say what I mean and mean what i say" only means i choose not to talk in circles and i just simple want to get to the point. so i know if i am going to have anyone around me who worships as i do.

Many people listen but they don't hear....because it is so simple., not many are used to seeing people "lay it out on the table with no if-ands or buts"

Much Peace and showers of Blessings
KJG

Old 11-13-2006, 12:42 AM
KJG

Default wildberrie (spelling?)

Greetings, and thank you very much. I just found this place and did not know this is a place for certain things, i see many diff kinds of post here.

I don't so much want to be heard as much as i want to know if emmett is a place that i would fit in at. when one gets on here and says" they must be in the wrong place if there is talk of God" i simply feel i need to say how i feel. Life these days its too short to feel "one" is in the wrong place if God is spoken, I just really want to lay all my cards out on the table and get answers instead of tip toeing around the bush- per say.

So I figure if i am honest about what my needs are i may get some truthful answers back, a bit faster, I don't have a lot of time to make a choice.

again Thank you so much.

Much Peace and Blessings
KJG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho