Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is there prejudice in Idaho?
100% 1 5.56%
80% 5 27.78%
50% 3 16.67%
25% 3 16.67%
10% 5 27.78%
none 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 11:20 PM
KJG

24 posts, read 105,988 times

Advertisements

Well i certainly am not going to back off of what i need to say if it has to do with God. being Prejudice against others as far as i am concern is a spiritual matter, and I am sure many will not agree, but to me its how you treat one another and if you have hate inside- to me thats spiritual. Love is spiritual.

Enough people are being Muted do to God, do we not have "Freedom of Religion"? Is it not our right? as well as to bare arms- freedom of speech. I'm not going to let others shut me down because i believe there is a God. and the Gov. seems to feel they should have control of that..weird seeing how our country was founded on Christianity. Go Figure...

Much Peace and Showers of Blessings
KJG

Old 11-06-2006, 10:00 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,190,546 times
Smile What we think!!!

KJG,
I don't think anyone here is disputing your belief in God its just not what this website is about. I believe we should be able to involve God but, to base your opinions and beliefs is probably not for this site.
You can go to Beliefnet.com and there are all kinds of beliefs,debates on all kinds of faiths and your opinions are better excepted. I think you will just go unheard or sometimes bashed here and that can make one angry and really doesn't get through to anyone. Good Luck!!

Old 11-06-2006, 05:43 PM

318 posts, read 1,317,709 times
I don't know...I think so much on this website is about lds that you can't help to bring it in at some point. Also folks wanting to move to Idaho that are christians want to know about churches of their beliefs in the area.

Sometimes folks are curious about your religion and you give info. in the hopes of mutual understanding and accepting others. To bash someone because they bring up god is not okay. It is also not okay to push your beliefs on someone else. There has to be polite conversation in order to not get into the big differences in beliefs.

But I'm concerned when mentioning god becomes a bad word. So many folks came to this country because they wanted freedom to worship in their own way. But I don't think a christian should ever be forceful to others about their beliefs.

Bottom line...I think god belongs on this website too. I would suggest, keep it...like you were talking to the person in real life and don't want to offend.

Izzy

Old 11-07-2006, 07:50 AM

436 posts, read 682,592 times
izzy,

From the content of your posts you sound like a very reasonable person without the need to be forceful in your opinions - it's quite refreshing.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:24 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,190,546 times
Smile My He always be on our minds and in our heart.

izzy,
Thank you for you honesty and willingness to say something
I hope you or KJG didn't feel I was referring to not mentioning God I find it very refreshing to see that God is mentioned on the internet since others refer to it as Satan playground. I have just found other then Beliefnet.com its hard to talk about religion like you mentioned its just the Christian in you that comes out when your talking to people. Sure enough someone will take it as preaching and start debates or criticizing. In my experience it very rarely goes good and neither one is listening or learning because you are typing not face to face.
You know when you think about it I wonder how may of us would actually talk too each other on the street.
Good Day!!! Remember TO VOTE!!!!

Old 11-07-2006, 11:06 AM

17 posts, read 104,095 times
Default Thank you all for your responses

I am the original poster of this topic, and I thank all of you for sharing your perspectives and insight on prejudice and racism. I visited Boise, Meridian, and Eagle this past weekend with my wife, and we are in love with the homes, the cleanliness, the people, and the diversity there. Idaho here we come.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:27 PM

zrahin,
Which of the three areas did you like best? Thanks Brian & Wildberries. I think all our views, combined, make for a very interesting life

Izzy

Old 11-07-2006, 01:04 PM

2 posts, read 16,025 times
My boyfriend and I are thinking of moving to Boise early next year. I have heard nothing but great things about Boise. Twin Falls is Very beautiful as well. I have family that lives their, they are still fairly new to the Boise area. My sister and her family just moved their 3 months ago and enjoy it. They lived in Moreno Valley,CA. My sister tells me that Boise is a very multi-cultured city. I enjoy being around different people and learning about their cultures. I had a friend who was Iranian, he had moved to Boise and he loved it, he thought it was great. As far as prejudice, I hear its more in the northern parts of Idaho. I woudn't want to live any where that had to much of it. I think as diverse as my city is, they're seems to be quite a bit of prejudice. What is LSD?

Last edited by jakaleb; 11-07-2006 at 01:17 PM..

Old 11-07-2006, 01:34 PM

lds stands for Latter Day Saints (Mormons). I'm lds and there seems from what I have read here a strong population of lds in Idaho. My husband says there are more lds in Idaho than Uath Don't know if that is true...

But I also get the feeling, from these post that the areas with larger population and some of the college towns have more diverse cultures and religions. Lds isn't a negative...it is just different. But if you are not lds and all your neighbors are...you might feel a little out of place. We are very family focused, old fashion values, and have our traditions. I have always felt comfortable...but then I'M LDS

I think most are good neighbors. But then I'm sure folks from other churches make good neighbors too.

Izzy

Old 11-07-2006, 01:36 PM

lds stands for Latter Day Saints (Mormons). I'm lds and there seems from what I have read here a strong population of lds in Idaho. My husband says there are more lds in Idaho than Uath Don't know if that is true...

But I also get the feeling, from these post that the areas with larger population and some of the college towns have more diverse cultures and religions. Lds isn't a negative...it is just different. But if you are not lds and all your neighbors are...you might feel a little out of place. We are very family focused, old fashion values, and have our traditions. I have always felt comfortable...but then I'M LDS

I think most are good neighbors. But then I'm sure folks from other churches make good neighbors too.

Izzy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho