Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 05:25 PM

3 posts, read 8,786 times

Advertisements

I know that Sandpoint is really liberal in thinking and attitudes. I personally can not stand the snobs up there. They have no clear process of thought.
But that is just my opinion.
I would say for the most part Coeur D Alene and my area Spirit Lake is pretty mixed in their thought process.

Kat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2006, 06:23 PM

944 posts, read 3,954,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliburk9 View Post
I know that Sandpoint is really liberal in thinking and attitudes. I personally can not stand the snobs up there.
What type of snobs? Ski bums? "New Age" rich people from cities who don't understand country living? Some of those isolated hip mountain towns can be pretty out-of-touch with reality. Telluride, CO, is like that to me. I love the fact that I can hear African music on the radio and get a great cappuccino there, but after about 2 hours of seeing nothing but coffeehouses, cute over-priced shops, and people riding expensive bikes around wearing expensive designer bike gear, I was ready to wallow in pig slop on an Arkansas hog farm just to wash the elitism off me!

Old 09-28-2006, 11:33 PM

44 posts, read 261,707 times
Outside of the Sun Valley area, try the "north end" in Boise. It's pretty liberal in the granola, tree hugger, diversity sense of the word.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:42 AM

19 posts, read 59,232 times
what about the area south of Sun Valley and north of Twin Falls?

Old 09-29-2006, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMilt View Post
what about the area south of Sun Valley and north of Twin Falls?
That's where Bruce Willis and Demi Moore lived for a few years --- in Hailey. If it's nice enough for them....

Old 09-30-2006, 01:21 PM

thanks deep that is encouraging. and the prices of housing around Hailey? do you know? overall atomosphere? imagine that seeing Demi cruising around there?!

what about these areas sandy point and sun valley are they like teluride?

Last edited by DMilt; 09-30-2006 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-01-2006, 09:40 AM

DMilt -

My sister-in-law Mary has skiied almost every major resort in the West and she says Sun Valley blows them all away. It's where she would live if she could, she loves the town. I haven't been to any of those places. Remember, I'm a Texas/California guy and I've barely seen ANY of Idaho.

HOWEVER, I am about to travel through southern Idaho in about 2 weeks on my way to the west coast. Hopefully visiting a lovely lass in the shadow of the Grand Tetons, we will ride horses together with the wind blowing through our hair as the golden light reflects off the snow-capped mountains and we find a hidden meadow and..... *!*WAKE UP DT*!*

Sorry about that, got a bit distracted. Anyway, I plan to visit some of the places you're asking about so I'll keep in touch while on the road and do a bit of travel blogging on this Idaho forum.

As for prices in Hailey, imagine how high they probably are if it's near Sun Valley AND was a place where Bruce and Demi chose to live. I think that basically answers the question, though I could be over-estimating.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:28 AM

45 posts, read 187,057 times
The property prices and Taxes are high, very high.

Old 10-01-2006, 01:18 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post

HOWEVER, I am about to travel through southern Idaho in about 2 weeks on my way to the west coast. Hopefully visiting a lovely lass in the shadow of the Grand Tetons, we will ride horses together with the wind blowing through our hair as the golden light reflects off the snow-capped mountains and we find a hidden meadow and..... *!*WAKE UP DT*!*
Heck, I was wanting to go too, well up until the meadow anyway And guess I'd have to replace you in that scene with my DH

Old 10-02-2006, 12:30 AM

ok, so is it possible to find a place to live in idaho where real estate prices are reasonable, people are relatively "live and let live", and where I would have access (2hrs) to the agricultural plains?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho