Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 09:10 PM

994 posts, read 966,671 times

Advertisements

I would only goto QT or Spinx for gas and stops usually as they're usually much nicer looking and newer. Puts most other gas stations to shame and I don't see how they haven't expanded more yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 07:59 AM

826 posts, read 1,125,306 times
There was some speculation that the Spinx at the corner of Hudson and Old Spartanburg was getting a car wash. Looks the construction was a new a store as part of a complete rebuild. Good to see Spinx investing and updating their stores to have a more consistent offering at all locations. That location is particular seems like it should do well, not much in the way of immediate competition. Would be nice if the Five Forks location gets updated to get a full kitchen at some point.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:15 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,807,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Texas based Buc-ee's coming to Anderson. I-85 Exit 21

https://www.wspa.com/news/buc-ees-ga...o-anderson-co/
Finally got to visit one during my trip through Florida last week.

All I can say is "WOW". What a store. And it was packed, like Disney packed! It's going to be a great addition to Anderson and even a tourist destination for many. Had some yummy brisket tacos and bought a couple flavors of jerky. Just with my family, I spent over $40 on food.

I saw a sign where they are paying $15-17 for cashier and food service, up to $20 for team leader, $22 and up for assistant manager and $26 and up for manager.

All full time workers get 3 weeks paid time off that rolls over and of course healthcare and 401k.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:55 AM

826 posts, read 1,125,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Finally got to visit one during my trip through Florida last week.

All I can say is "WOW". What a store. And it was packed, like Disney packed! It's going to be a great addition to Anderson and even a tourist destination for many. Had some yummy brisket tacos and bought a couple flavors of jerky. Just with my family, I spent over $40 on food.

I saw a sign where they are paying $15-17 for cashier and food service, up to $20 for team leader, $22 and up for assistant manager and $26 and up for manager.

All full time workers get 3 weeks paid time off that rolls over and of course healthcare and 401k.
And even with pay and benefits like that their turn over is insane because they treat their employees like absolute crap. 5 minute lunch breaks that you can’t even sit down during. No other breaks. Honestly I would be hesitant to eat anything prepared there.

Old 06-28-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
And even with pay and benefits like that their turn over is insane because they treat their employees like absolute crap. 5 minute lunch breaks that you can’t even sit down during. No other breaks. Honestly I would be hesitant to eat anything prepared there.
That's sad to hear. QT is a bit like that also. My daughter worked there for over a year and she never got a break during her shift.

Old 06-30-2021, 07:48 AM

192 posts, read 207,200 times
Online there is a lot of buzz going on, in regard to a potential second of State location that will be going along with the Anderson location. You have another one rumored to be coming to exit 60 (Greer/Duncan, Area), along with the one in Anderson.

Meanwhule, the Anderson location is listed with a 2024 opening date on Buc-ee's Website.

Old 06-30-2021, 08:21 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post
Online there is a lot of buzz going on, in regard to a potential second of State location that will be going along with the Anderson location. You have another one rumored to be coming to exit 60 (Greer/Duncan, Area), along with the one in Anderson.

Meanwhule, the Anderson location is listed with a 2024 opening date on Buc-ee's Website.

Buc-ee's just announced their largest location (74,000 sq. ft) off Exit 407 (Sevierville TN) on I-40 between Asheville and Knoxville. Apparently this store will be bigger than the largest Texas store (New Braunfels) and break the record for world's largest convenience store.

https://www.wate.com/news/buc-ees-to...n-sevierville/

Old 06-30-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:

Exit 60 across from BMW is the location I had thought of as well. Wouldn't make Stuart Spinx very happy though.

Old 06-30-2021, 09:49 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times
Quote:

I wouldnt hold my breath on the one at exit 60. The one in Anderson will be the second one in the state, not sure what you mean by that.

Old 06-30-2021, 12:12 PM

723 posts, read 1,149,191 times
In the "Ask LaFleur" column in the Greenville News on June 23, Elizabeth LaFleur reported that, on the large site at the corner of SR 101 and I-95, a nearly 5-acre portion of the lot is leased to "a well-known convenience store chain," according to Stan Tzouvelekas, the RealtyLink broker-in-charge for the listing. However, "The company behind the project is not yet ready to be named. The article added, "Tzoulevekas said the company is planning a large, high-end convenience store and fuel center unlike any other it’s built in the Upstate."

You can read almost anything you want into that non-specific wording, but it just could be referring to a Buc-ees.

Work on the project is reported to be moving forward, with construction expected to rise soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area