Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 06:55 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverML View Post
Looks like we will have to wait a little bit longer for Bucee's in Anderson. https://www.foxcarolina.com/2024/03/...derson-county/
Construction on the interchange is expected to get underway in the summer of 2025. According to the DOT, it will take between 18 and 24 months to complete.

Sure wish there was another suitable location for Bucee's to enter the Upstate earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2024, 08:49 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
I think its insane to spend millions just for a Buccees when that money could be better spent. I went to the one in Florence recently, and I really dont get what the hype is all about. Maybe others are different but I didnt think much of the place, outisde trash cans full, restrooms that obviously hadnt been cleaned, and some god awful smell at the gas pump we were at.

Old 03-28-2024, 10:17 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I think its insane to spend millions just for a Buccees when that money could be better spent. I went to the one in Florence recently, and I really dont get what the hype is all about. Maybe others are different but I didnt think much of the place, outisde trash cans full, restrooms that obviously hadnt been cleaned, and some god awful smell at the gas pump we were at.
Agreed drove to the Pilot station across the interchange back in November when I saw the lines of cars coming in and out of that place. It looked about as fun as a shopping mall on Black Friday. Meanwhile the state has 2 billion that they don't know where it came from and Greenville County wants to raise the sales tax on people that can't make ends meet now.

https://apnews.com/article/south-car...8e354aee226d11

Old 03-28-2024, 11:24 AM

Quote:
The new Buc-ee's in San Marcos, Texas is expected to contribute more than $7 million in payroll to the local economy annually. The new store will have 120 fueling stations and 175 full-time jobs with average annual wages of $43,855. That's not including all of the gas and sales taxes it will generate.

Steve Newton, Anderson County’s governmental affairs director, said traffic is already bad at the Interstate 85 interchange with LIberty Highway and improvements are needed whether Buc-ee’s was coming or not.

Old 03-28-2024, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
The new Buc-ee's in San Marcos, Texas is expected to contribute more than $7 million in payroll to the local economy annually. The new store will have 120 fueling stations and 175 full-time jobs with average annual wages of $43,855. That's not including all of the gas and sales taxes it will generate.

Steve Newton, Anderson County’s governmental affairs director, said traffic is already bad at the Interstate 85 interchange with LIberty Highway and improvements are needed whether Buc-ee’s was coming or not.
I couldnt agree more. I use that intersection regularly, and know what a PITA it can be when its very busy.

This isnt Texas, so comparing it to a store in Texas is apples and oranges, IMO.

Old 03-28-2024, 07:43 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Any update on the proposed Royal Farms coming to Hwy. 14? Seems like they would want more than one location to justify the expense of entering a new market and to maintain a competitive advantage in the sector. They have good fried chicken, and unlike Spinx and QT their hot foods are freshly prepared and sold all 24 hours, including the fried chicken and potato wedges.

Old 03-29-2024, 06:10 AM

New QT in Fountain Inn opens April 4th. Truck parking will be allowed, I assume to compete with the 7/11 on the other side of 385. This will be a traffic nightmare when/if the rumored Harris Teeter is built across the road.

Old 03-29-2024, 06:42 AM

Quote:
I couldnt agree more. I use that intersection regularly, and know what a PITA it can be when its very busy.

This isnt Texas, so comparing it to a store in Texas is apples and oranges, IMO.
Explain how a similar sized store, along a busy interstate, is not similar? Plus Texas has a lot of these stores, the Upstate will have exactly one. There are no Buc-ee's between CLT and ATL along I-85. IMO, this one will blow away that Texas store I mentioned for comparison.

Old 03-29-2024, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Explain how a similar sized store, along a busy interstate, is not similar? Plus Texas has a lot of these stores, the Upstate will have exactly one. There are no Buc-ee's between CLT and ATL along I-85. IMO, this one will blow away that Texas store I mentioned for comparison.
All Im saying is that trying to compare this store, which will be the only one in the upstate, for now, isnt going to be like the ones in Texas. I cant imagine it always being fully staffed, ALL of the pumps working ALL the time, and to think what it would take to keep those tanks full all the time. Gas prices will most likely go higher because of demand, and quite frankly, how many people want to work in the service areas anymore? I suspect though, they will draw a good bit of students from the local colleges, Anderson, Tri County, Clemson to work though. After my visit to the one in Florence, Im sure the one here will end up the same.

Old 04-01-2024, 06:31 AM

For those who want to work at Buc-ee's, their salaries are pretty competitive. Of course the Upstate one won't open for a while, so these wages should go up.
  • Stocking Associate. $17.75 per hour.
  • Merchandiser. $18.12 per hour.
  • Grocery Manager. $20.17 per hour.
  • Merchandise Manager. $19.83 per hour.
  • Merchandising Associate. $17.82 per hour.
  • Cashier/Sales. $17.23 per hour.
  • Cashier/Stocker. $17.24 per hour.
  • Checker. $18.01 per hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area