Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 05:13 PM

5,160 posts, read 7,349,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
This ranking is for best food, by the Food & Wine website. Sounds reasonable if you are just ranking food. QT has some good stuff, but Wawa makes food their center-point.

https://www.foodandwine.com/travel/r...ca-ranked-food

So it depends what you are basing your rankings on. Newsweek does an annual best of and gave QT the #1 spot for best customer service. Gas Buddy ranked its users and gave QT #4 spot above Wawa.

https://www.newsweek.com/americas-be...enience-stores

https://www.gasbuddy.com/newsroom/pressrelease/552
QT customer service is very good, and the food is not bad either. But Wawa tends to excel more there. But Spinx is the local c-store choice for fried chicken, whereas Parker's and Royal Farms offer very good fried chicken in their respective regions. But Spinx needs to improve consistency in quality control and customer service at various locations, unlike QT where it is more standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 10:03 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,807,609 times
Default Texas-sized, Texas-based Buc-ee's plan to build in Anderson could cost taxpayers millions

Quote:
The company is interested in locating here, has a plot of roughly 33 acres and could potentially help pay for improvements but the county would need to find additional sources of funding as well because the improvements could need $20 million.

The state Department of Transportation is working with conceptual plans from Buc-ee's, which would require significant reworking of the intersection to accommodate the additional traffic, said Leland Colvin, deputy secretary for engineering. The state department would not be funding the changes, which could be funded through a variety of sources including economic development funds, the developer and other sources, Colvin said.

The size of the proposed Anderson County Buc-ee's building is also not yet public, but the company's general counsel Jeff Nadalo said to expect it to be around the average size: between 40,000 and 60,000 square feet with around 100 to 120 pumps each.
https://www.independentmail.com/stor...sc/5756143002/

I think the headline is misleading since the article says the money could come from variety of sources that are set aside for this type of thing.

Old 11-20-2020, 01:46 PM

308 posts, read 468,613 times
Buc-ee’s broke ground yesterday in Florence for their new location I-95 https://scnow.com/news/local/footbal...ign=user-share via @VoiceOfPeeDee

Old 11-20-2020, 08:34 PM

5,160 posts, read 7,349,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinachaos View Post
Buc-ee’s broke ground yesterday in Florence for their new location I-95 https://scnow.com/news/local/footbal...ign=user-share via @VoiceOfPeeDee
They have also announced plans for Anderson County as well.

Old 11-21-2020, 09:37 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
The first? The first one is in Anderson not Florence. Lol.

Old 11-23-2020, 01:40 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,842,664 times
Am I the only one that thinks a gas station with 100-120 pumps would be ridiculous?

Old 11-30-2020, 11:24 AM

308 posts, read 269,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Am I the only one that thinks a gas station with 100-120 pumps would be ridiculous?
Seeing is believing. Bucee's is a destination and they likely wouldn't build another one along I-85 in SC. My family got caught in a short backup near the Bucees on I-20 east of Dallas yesterday. They pulled in to fill up and said they almost couldn't find a pump.

Old 12-01-2020, 06:35 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,807,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AginGreer View Post
Seeing is believing. Bucee's is a destination and they likely wouldn't build another one along I-85 in SC. My family got caught in a short backup near the Bucees on I-20 east of Dallas yesterday. They pulled in to fill up and said they almost couldn't find a pump.
That's amazing. One thing I notice is how drivers seem to flock to certain gas stations. Take QT for instance in Simpsonville on Harrison Bridge. Almost daily, the pumps there are packed with cars, with many waiting for a chance to fill up. Many of the drivers just fill up and go.

A block away is a 7/11. Same price per gallon gas. Zero wait, barely any traffic at the pumps. Getting in and out of the 7/11 is fairly easy. Turning left out of it, you may want to go to the light...about the only difference.

If you are going inside the store, then QT is easily the winner and why it's so busy.

QT also has an advantage to being right off 385, plus they have huge signs. Drivers just passing through may not know about the 7/11. But I'm sure a lot of the drivers are locals. (I confess I fill up at QT, but my daughter also works there, so I like to support QT if I'm in the area). Otherwise I fill up at Walmart Neighborhood Market.

QT is also a Top Tier gas. I didn't see 7/11 on the list.

https://clark.com/cars/top-tier-gas-...an-engine-aaa/

Old 12-01-2020, 06:54 AM

36 posts, read 23,648 times
Quote:
...A block away is a 7/11. Same price per gallon gas. Zero wait, barely any traffic at the pumps. Getting in and out of the 7/11 is fairly easy. Turning left out of it, you may want to go to the light...about the only difference. ....QT is also a Top Tier gas. I didn't see 7/11 on the list.

7/11 gas, in my experience, is lower quality. Our vehicles do not run as well on their gas. We will go out of our way to avoid it.

Old 12-01-2020, 08:30 AM

308 posts, read 269,912 times
Quote:
That's amazing. One thing I notice is how drivers seem to flock to certain gas stations. Take QT for instance in Simpsonville on Harrison Bridge. Almost daily, the pumps there are packed with cars, with many waiting for a chance to fill up. Many of the drivers just fill up and go.

A block away is a 7/11. Same price per gallon gas. Zero wait, barely any traffic at the pumps. Getting in and out of the 7/11 is fairly easy. Turning left out of it, you may want to go to the light...about the only difference.

If you are going inside the store, then QT is easily the winner and why it's so busy.

QT also has an advantage to being right off 385, plus they have huge signs. Drivers just passing through may not know about the 7/11. But I'm sure a lot of the drivers are locals. (I confess I fill up at QT, but my daughter also works there, so I like to support QT if I'm in the area). Otherwise I fill up at Walmart Neighborhood Market.

QT is also a Top Tier gas. I didn't see 7/11 on the list.

QT definitely does their homework in picking locations and so does Bucee's. You will see many billboards in advance of a Bucees, maybe even starting in the next state over. I remember years ago driving through the Florida panhandle on I-10 and got excited to see a Bucee's billboard thinking one was nearby. It was advertising for the nearest one in Texas. They have a sense of humor about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area