Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 05:06 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Funky View Post
Blacks are so underpriveleged in this country its not even funny, racist white segregate themselves from blacks and white flight occurs.

Then property values drop and businessses and jobs pull out, then the ghetto forms.

WIth so much negativity I can see why someone would ask to see if their people are doing well anywhere in the country.

Whites own the world, just shut the hell up, it must be horrible being so priveliged
Everything Dr. Funky said can be illustrated by most of P.G. County and some parts of DC. Also, the op is just asking for plain straight up stats when it relates to upper-class blacks. If someone had asked for upper-class hispanics i would say fairfax county VA and if someone had asked for upper class whites i would say loudon county VA. Another thing there are plenty of posts in this site that ask race questions so why not go and bother them for a change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 07:04 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Everything Dr. Funky said can be illustrated by most of P.G. County and some parts of DC. Also, the op is just asking for plain straight up stats when it relates to upper-class blacks. If someone had asked for upper-class hispanics i would say fairfax county VA and if someone had asked for upper class whites i would say loudon county VA. Another thing there are plenty of posts in this site that ask race questions so why not go and bother them for a change?
Because I'm not hunting for racism. Your thread title just kinda "popped" at me. Nobody DOES ask where upper class whites live. We ask other questions like....

"How are the schools?"
"Any crime in the area?"
"What are the taxes like?"

The reason we ask THOSE questions is we would rather not have Fat Albert (Al Sharpton) knocking on our door. "Hey hey hey, THAT was racial.....and I'm gonna sing a song for you-hoo......." I myself would hate to spur another million malcontent march, lol. Most of us just don't want to live in a town with a large black population. More often than not it means it's a bad area. Yeah yeah, I know, that's our fault too. We're supposed to come in and clean it up for you, boo hoo. Don't get me wrong, Cambria Heights, NY is almost all black, and a very nice place to live. I wish I could afford to live there, lol. However, we all know that's the exception.

So in other words, if you want to maintain some segregation between blacks and whites, at least have the decency to be somewhat shameful about it. I honestly don't care how you feel, but I do care that you apparently hold blacks to a different set of rules than whites.

-TT

Old 01-26-2007, 10:46 AM

6 posts, read 21,469 times
Default The Right To Find Mind Like.

HI EVERYONE, I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE MY OPINION IN THIS MATTER TOO. FIRST OF ALL, THE THREAD WENT OFF THE SUBJECT, THAT POOR GUY WAS ONLY ASKING A QUESTION, IT'S NORMAL THAT LIKE MINDED WANT TO BE WITH LIKE MINDED, AND IF HE WANTS TO SURROUND HIMSELF WITH PEOPLE THAT CAN INFLUENCE AND INSPIRE HIM TO SUCEED IN THIS WORLD, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT?, MY DAUGHTER IS BIRRACIAL AND I WORRY ABOUT THOSE ISSUES TOO BECAUSE I WANT HER TO GROW UP BEING ACCEPTED BY HER PEERS AND I ALSO WORRY ABOUT HER SAFETY, SO WHEN I LOOK FOR A PLACE TO LIVE I HAVE TO HAVE THOSE FACT INTO CONSIDERATION. FOR ME IS DIVERSITY, SO WE CAN BLEND IN, AND WONT BE STARED AT OF REJECTED OR POINTED AT, AND SPECIALLY, THAT WE WILL BE ACCEPTED. i'M HAVING A HARD TIME PICKING A PLACE TO LIVE AND THAT IS SO SAD BECAUSE THE ONLY PLACE YOU FIND THAT DIVERSITY IS IN BIG CITIES, AND I WANT A SMALL CITY, COMMUNITY TYPE THAT EVERYONE GETS ALONG NO MATTER WHAT COLOR OR NATIONALITY OR RACE YOU ARE. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, IT'S A VERY HARD TASK AND I HAVEN'T FOUND SUCH A PLACE YET.
tHANK YOU FOR LETTING ME EXPRESS MY OPINION, AND IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGESTION..... THANKS.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIENDLYWORLD View Post
HI EVERYONE, I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE MY OPINION IN THIS MATTER TOO. FIRST OF ALL, THE THREAD WENT OFF THE SUBJECT, THAT POOR GUY WAS ONLY ASKING A QUESTION, IT'S NORMAL THAT LIKE MINDED WANT TO BE WITH LIKE MINDED, AND IF HE WANTS TO SURROUND HIMSELF WITH PEOPLE THAT CAN INFLUENCE AND INSPIRE HIM TO SUCEED IN THIS WORLD, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT?, MY DAUGHTER IS BIRRACIAL AND I WORRY ABOUT THOSE ISSUES TOO BECAUSE I WANT HER TO GROW UP BEING ACCEPTED BY HER PEERS AND I ALSO WORRY ABOUT HER SAFETY, SO WHEN I LOOK FOR A PLACE TO LIVE I HAVE TO HAVE THOSE FACT INTO CONSIDERATION. FOR ME IS DIVERSITY, SO WE CAN BLEND IN, AND WONT BE STARED AT OF REJECTED OR POINTED AT, AND SPECIALLY, THAT WE WILL BE ACCEPTED. i'M HAVING A HARD TIME PICKING A PLACE TO LIVE AND THAT IS SO SAD BECAUSE THE ONLY PLACE YOU FIND THAT DIVERSITY IS IN BIG CITIES, AND I WANT A SMALL CITY, COMMUNITY TYPE THAT EVERYONE GETS ALONG NO MATTER WHAT COLOR OR NATIONALITY OR RACE YOU ARE. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, IT'S A VERY HARD TASK AND I HAVEN'T FOUND SUCH A PLACE YET.
tHANK YOU FOR LETTING ME EXPRESS MY OPINION, AND IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGESTION..... THANKS.
Ok, so you're saying.......

I SHOULD WANT TO LIVE NEXT TO LIKE MINDED WHITE PEOPLE WHO CAN HAVE A POSITIVE INFLUENCE ON ME? I MEAN, WHAT GOOD ARE BLACKS GOING TO BE TO ME AND MY FAMILY IS ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS FURTHER THEIR OWN INTERESTS? I GUESS I SHOULD TRY TO STICK TO MY OWN, WHICH IS THE OBVIOUS GOAL OF THE OP. MAYBE HE'S RIGHT? MAYBE I SHOULD AVOID EVERYONE ELSE AND STICK TO PEOPLE WHO ARE JUST LIKE ME? WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT?

GREAT ADVICE!!!

not

Old 01-26-2007, 12:07 PM

6 posts, read 21,469 times
yapcity, You missed the point. The point is that, THAT is what he is looking for, that is what he wants, if you read the rest of my email, I'm looking for diversity, but he is looking for the people he's looking for, so there is not need to be so drastic, I was just expresing my opinion, everyone should be free to look for a place that is more comfortable for them, I think. Anyways, I was expresing my opinion, thank you though.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIENDLYWORLD View Post
yapcity, You missed the point. The point is that, THAT is what he is looking for, that is what he wants, if you read the rest of my email, I'm looking for diversity, but he is looking for the people he's looking for, so there is not need to be so drastic, I was just expresing my opinion, everyone should be free to look for a place that is more comfortable for them, I think. Anyways, I was expresing my opinion, thank you though.
Yes, I understand your opinion. The "live and let live" philosophy is what it is until it violates the civil liberties of others. People who seek to be with their own race as a matter of practice will carry that preference over into other things.

It's wrong no matter how you slice it. To be honest, your attitude is the very cancer that has been destroying this country from within for the last 50 years or so. You can't just "live and let live" all the time. Some things are just wrong, and need to be changed or outlawed for the greater good.

That's what it means to live in a civilized society.

-TT

Old 01-28-2007, 06:23 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,907,364 times
A year of two ago, Black Entrepreneur Magazine ranked the Charlotte area as one of the best places in the nation for African Americans to start a business. Charlotte's a very nice area, and race relations are very good here.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:03 AM

702 posts, read 2,525,267 times
The strange thing about this topic to me is....people seem to think that to find others who are "just like me", their skin color has to match. That's only one aspect of being alike, and really one of the least important ones. I would hope I could find a community to live in where people are like me in more ways than just color...

Old 01-28-2007, 01:27 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
whoa friendnc i am thinkin about moving there after college.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:12 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,907,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
whoa friendnc i am thinkin about moving there after college.
Come on down!! We'd love to have you. It's a great place to live!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.