Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:51 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,386,212 times

Advertisements

So while downtown Hollywood yesterday I witnessed a man standing on the street with his private part out, and he was shaking it all over the place for the world to see. I have seen other absolutely odd things in that area. What is it with that place that attracts people who are crazy as heck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 02:01 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,363,890 times
Oh like you never stand on the corner with your twig and berries exposed?....pffft

Old 06-29-2009, 02:05 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,937,097 times
What street? If this happened on Hollywood Blvs or Harrison St, east of Dixie Hwy, surely one of the many beat cops walking the street at any time would have put this guy in handcuffs. On any other street or even in the park, the motels on US1 attract them and have been attracting them for nearly/over 50 years, although many are just homeless who were attracted to the Florida weather. Remember that along and north of Tyler St there are tons of homeless shelters. The beachside used to be that way as well but over the past 5 years the real oddballs have mostly stayed along US1. The many, many oddballs are part of what make Hollywood a very interesting and sometimes shady place that you either love or hate.

Although I for one don't particularly want to see a mans penis while walking down the street, I personally enjoy the sketchiness of Hollywood in general.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 06-29-2009 at 02:18 PM..

Old 06-29-2009, 02:07 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,084,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
So while downtown Hollywood yesterday I witnessed a man standing on the street with his private part out, and he was shaking it all over the place for the world to see. I have seen other absolutely odd things in that area. What is it with that place that attracts people who are crazy as heck.

Hollywood has always been weird and quirky .... is was that way when we used to vacation down here in the 70's and 80's ... you have a hodge podge of French Canadians , Hippie types , New Yorkers , Hispanics , people from the Caribbean .. also it is one of the few places in South Florida with many native Floridians still living in the area . Yes it has its seedy areas , but I like Hollywood and its different vibe ... both downtown and the boardwalk near the beach are fun and unique . You also have many vagrants in the winter months down here as well ... sort of homeless non French speaking snow birds !!!

Old 06-29-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
Oh like you never stand on the corner with your twig and berries exposed?....pffft
twig and berries ...... thems is "fightin words "

Old 06-29-2009, 02:12 PM

767 posts, read 2,068,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post

That's Hollywood!

Old 06-29-2009, 03:00 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,386,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
What street? If this happened on Hollywood Blvs or Harrison St, east of Dixie Hwy, surely one of the many beat cops walking the street at any time would have put this guy in handcuffs. On any other street or even in the park, the motels on US1 attract them and have been attracting them for nearly/over 50 years, although many are just homeless who were attracted to the Florida weather. Remember that along and north of Tyler St there are tons of homeless shelters. The beachside used to be that way as well but over the past 5 years the real oddballs have mostly stayed along US1. The many, many oddballs are part of what make Hollywood a very interesting and sometimes shady place that you either love or hate.

Although I for one don't particularly want to see a mans penis while walking down the street, I personally enjoy the sketchiness of Hollywood in general.
You sir are officially under suspicion.

*i kid*

Old 06-30-2009, 08:50 AM

552 posts, read 594,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock newman View Post
twig and berries ...... Thems is "fightin words "
lol!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientifical Madness View Post
lol!!!!!!
That and "hung like a hamster" are brutal ........ not that I can relate to either of course

Old 06-30-2009, 01:48 PM

294 posts, read 1,150,456 times
Downtown Hollywood is full of sketchy people during the day (you dont' seem them at night and on the weekend because they are diluted by the crowds of normal folk having a good time). I know because I work in downtown Hollywood and experience this on a daily basis. If you want truly wierd and messed up, though, go hang out in front of Walgreens or Publix on Young Circle. I have no clue where those freaks come from!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area