Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 01:52 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Translation View Post
\ If you want truly wierd and messed up, though, go hang out in front of Walgreens or Publix on Young Circle. I have no clue where those freaks come from!
Hang out in the back, even better! That Publix is also an experience to behold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 03:05 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Downtown Hollywood is full of sketchy people during the day (you dont' seem them at night and on the weekend because they are diluted by the crowds of normal folk having a good time). I know because I work in downtown Hollywood and experience this on a daily basis. If you want truly wierd and messed up, though, go hang out in front of Walgreens or Publix on Young Circle. I have no clue where those freaks come from!
I was thinking about moving down to Hollywood until the twig and berries incident took place. How is that area south of the main area of downtown. I think its called parkside or something like that.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I was thinking about moving down to Hollywood until the twig and berries incident took place. How is that area south of the main area of downtown. I think its called parkside or something like that.
Van Buren St is nice, any further south is twig and berries. If you want to move into that area the best thing to do is live east of Youngs Circle.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:47 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Van Buren St is nice, any further south is twig and berries. If you want to move into that area the best thing to do is live east of Youngs Circle.
not to many apartments over there though, no?

Old 06-30-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
not to many apartments over there though, no?
There are a few but not too many. The ones on Van Buren St south of downtown (can't recall the name, its lower/mid rise) are very nice and seem to acutally be occupied, which can't be said for some surrounding buildings.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:20 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Downtown Hollywood is full of sketchy people during the day (you dont' seem them at night and on the weekend because they are diluted by the crowds of normal folk having a good time). I know because I work in downtown Hollywood and experience this on a daily basis. If you want truly wierd and messed up, though, go hang out in front of Walgreens or Publix on Young Circle. I have no clue where those freaks come from!

I like Downtown Hollywood and I think the "weirdness " factor makes it unique .

Old 06-30-2009, 06:48 PM

552 posts, read 592,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
That and "hung like a hamster" are brutal ........ not that I can relate to either of course

the "hung like a light switch" is pretty funny too. but yeah, i cant relate either.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:20 PM

593 posts, read 1,916,545 times
Hey, I grew up in Hollywood on the Beach and shopped at that Publix and I am a weirdo. Coincidence?

Old 07-01-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocamom View Post
Hey, I grew up in Hollywood on the Beach and shopped at that Publix and I am a weirdo. Coincidence?
I don't think so ! Of course I only mean that in humor!

Old 07-01-2009, 02:06 PM

351 posts, read 1,127,004 times
Downtown Hollywood has always been a little bit skeevy, but has gotten worse over the past few years. Lots of shops shuttered and the main attractions are the bars. But alkies and homeless people are prevalent in any desirable area, Miami Beach included. I like downtown Hollywood and Hollywood Beach, but I definitely take more care down there than I used to. But I have to hand it to Hollywood, they do *try* to make the area a success, and I feel like eventually it will improve once the economy picks up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area