Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 08:49 PM

653 posts, read 589,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by popka View Post
Your location is in Alabama? I lol'd.
Shows your ignorance of the state.
Apparently you are a believer of stereotypes; sad.
Maybe one day you'll have an opportunity to visit. I hope your stay is enjoyable and maybe changes your mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2020, 08:53 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,633,582 times
Quote:
Your location is in Alabama? I lol'd.
Have you ever been to Alabama? It's an amazing State and home of the largest NASA rocket facilities as well. Lots of smart, educated people. We love visiting.

Old 11-30-2020, 01:10 PM

626 posts, read 464,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick In Madison View Post
Shows your ignorance of the state.
Apparently you are a believer of stereotypes; sad.
Maybe one day you'll have an opportunity to visit. I hope your stay is enjoyable and maybe changes your mind.

Hey I'm not the one making a post complaining about South Florida in a thread titled "What is positive about living in South Florida". I've been to Alabama 5 times buddy. It's an ok place but there's a reason why Florida has over 4 times the population of Alabama and many, many times as many tourists.

Old 11-30-2020, 01:46 PM

653 posts, read 589,142 times
Quote:
Hey I'm not the one making a post complaining about South Florida in a thread titled "What is positive about living in South Florida". I've been to Alabama 5 times buddy. It's an ok place but there's a reason why Florida has over 4 times the population of Alabama and many, many times as many tourists.
Complaining; no. I'm not complaining, buddy.

Having lived in south Florida for 15 years and during the period of time I lived there does not compare to my past 30 years not living in south Florida which does include Alabama. Granted, my 15 years were during my youth and young adulthood. Although it does include (due to work) having travel as far north as West Palm Beach airport and as far south as Homestead on a weekly basis. The work allowed me to interact with many people and many different types of businesses.

As I noted in the original posting; I didn't understand why so many of my friends didn't like the area after they left. I point out some of those reasons.

The crap I was referencing, to which you may be interpreting as complaining, was left not described. A description or listing wouldn't have been appropriate for this thread. Much like your back handed crack about Alabama based on your whopping 5 visits. To your defense, I have experienced many of the negative Alabama stereotypes. Likewise, I have experienced many of the negative Florida stereotypes as well to include (as you point out) 4 times the population and the many tourists. To me, I don't see either being a positive aspect to living in south Florida.

Old 12-02-2020, 05:36 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
A lot actually, number one being not freezing your as.. of in winter for starters.

A gorgeous winter climate, beaches on your doorstep, good eateries and bar lifestyle, boating, scuba, fishing, etc. The beautiful sky in the evening and mornings and the fresh salt air. The lush vegetation everywhere even in winter.
West Palm was 9 degrees colder yesterday morning than Boston was.........today it is 48 but Boston got hit too and its 37.

Old 12-02-2020, 07:21 AM

8,032 posts, read 4,698,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
West Palm was 9 degrees colder yesterday morning than Boston was.........today it is 48 but Boston got hit too and its 37.
Let it not be one of those winters where Canadian Cold Fronts dive south directly to Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area