Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 09:12 PM

54 posts, read 338,008 times

Advertisements

I was born in Fort. Lauderdale, and have lived here all my life. And nowadays, in Broward, the crime is overwhelming. The truth is, if you don't live way out west in a city like Weston, Coral Springs, or parts of Miramar/pembrooke pines, there will be crime DAILY. Fort. Lauderdale is ranked as one of the top 50 most dangerous cities in the country, along with pompano beach, and soon to be deerfield. In the first 7 days and the new year, there was 7 murders. I can gurantee the murder count this year will nearly double. Also, because of the recent violence towards police, Broward has been nicked named "Cop Killer County". If you want to live in a safe city, stay out of Fort. Lauderdale (for the most part), Deerfield Beach, Oakland Park, Pompano, parts of Hollywood, Lauderdale Lakes, and Lauderhill. In Oakland Park, there have already been numerous robbery and drug related murders and assaults. In Fort. Lauderdale, the murders keep piling up, with drugs and gangs infesting the streets. In deerfield and pompano, rival gangs from the cities are killing each other in drive by shootings over turf, drugs, and money. Stay out west if your in Broward County. The east is not safe. The West Palm Beach mayor has noted South Florida as being the most "Corrupt and Dangerous" region in the country. South Florida in all is pretty much bad. I witness crime everyday. I have seen people get murdered, and I have known people who have lost their life to street violence. The east side of Broward County IS NOT SAFE.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:57 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,512 times
I agree,except for a few select locations in Eastern Broward county,most of it would not be considered good neighborhoods.Western Broward county however has some of the better areas in all of South Florida.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:32 AM

326 posts, read 470,616 times
WHO SAYS FORT LAUDERDALE IS A DUMP OR A CRIME HOLE??!!! I have been there myself a couple of times and I enjoyed the heck out of it!!! In fact, one day, i was out hiking the streets of fort lauderdale until like 11:00 at night and I encountered NOTHING crimewise!!! I think perhaps you should take a good look at the main City-data website! That will show you all of the reported crimes for every city in the country, including Fort Lauderdale. (by the way, want really insane crime rates? try Saint Louis, Missouri or Gary, Indiana!)

Last edited by triton1; 09-18-2007 at 03:41 AM..

Old 09-18-2007, 07:37 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauderdale954 View Post
I was born in Fort. Lauderdale, and have lived here all my life. And nowadays, in Broward, the crime is overwhelming. The truth is, if you don't live way out west in a city like Weston, Coral Springs, or parts of Miramar/pembrooke pines, there will be crime DAILY. Fort. Lauderdale is ranked as one of the top 50 most dangerous cities in the country, along with pompano beach, and soon to be deerfield. In the first 7 days and the new year, there was 7 murders. I can gurantee the murder count this year will nearly double. Also, because of the recent violence towards police, Broward has been nicked named "Cop Killer County". If you want to live in a safe city, stay out of Fort. Lauderdale (for the most part), Deerfield Beach, Oakland Park, Pompano, parts of Hollywood, Lauderdale Lakes, and Lauderhill. In Oakland Park, there have already been numerous robbery and drug related murders and assaults. In Fort. Lauderdale, the murders keep piling up, with drugs and gangs infesting the streets. In deerfield and pompano, rival gangs from the cities are killing each other in drive by shootings over turf, drugs, and money. Stay out west if your in Broward County. The east is not safe. The West Palm Beach mayor has noted South Florida as being the most "Corrupt and Dangerous" region in the country. South Florida in all is pretty much bad. I witness crime everyday. I have seen people get murdered, and I have known people who have lost their life to street violence. The east side of Broward County IS NOT SAFE.
All they have to do is make baggy pants illegal and all the problems will be solved. Lois Frankel should talk, walk around City Place and you will see plenty of issues.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:36 PM

I never said fort. lauderdale is a dump, but it is getting worse and worse every year..here a picture from a recent shooting with a AK-47 in oakland park

okay, well if your walking down fort. lauderdale beach u wont encounter any problems really..but i gurantee you will be scared walking through areas like Sunland Park, Anywhere near the swap shop, sistrunk, melrose park, lauderdale manors, lauderdale lakes, much of pompano, and certain areas of deerfield beach. In pompano, a gang that is rapidly gaining infamy called "Doom City" has been responsible for numerous murders, drug dealings, and robberies this year. In deerfield resides a very notorious street gang known as the Grave Yard Boys (G.Y.B.)...because of the TERRIBLE and DANGEROUS conditions in their area, the neighborhoods have been nicknamed "3rd World" by police. And triton1, you may have visited it here, but I live here. totally different. If you go on sun-sentinel.com you will see news articles on Broward County, atleast 1 everyday will have to do with another murder. If you go on youtube and type in "Gangstas And Thugs" you will see videos exposing what is really going on around here. If you type in "guttah tv" in Youtube, you will see a glimpse of Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami neighborhoods. There is also a video on youtube, in which the production company travels the world to the most dangerous neighborhoods..one of them is off of Sis Trunk Blvd. in fort. lauderdale..and as a reminder to all florida residents, the title of the "sunshine state" is often changed to the "gunshine state" both because of the high gun related crimes and the fact that Florida has the most firearms..1 out of every 49 people owns a gun

Old 09-18-2007, 05:44 PM

i did not just stick near the beach either, by the way. i actually went quite deep into the city and explored about a couple of miles northwest of the highway A1A bridge, even explored deep into a nearby residential neighborhood near a small cemetery that is located in that area. saw a lot of nicely kept homes, backyards, friendly locals, apartments, condos, but NO CRIME!!! Didn't even see any graffiti either!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 05:48 PM

BTW, i live in chicago, and crimewise, chicago is a lot worse than fort lauderdale!

Old 09-18-2007, 06:03 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,191,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton1 View Post
i did not just stick near the beach either, by the way. i actually went quite deep into the city and explored about a couple of miles northwest of the highway A1A bridge, even explored deep into a nearby residential neighborhood near a small cemetery that is located in that area. saw a lot of nicely kept homes, backyards, friendly locals, apartments, condos, but NO CRIME!!! Didn't even see any graffiti either!!!
That cemetery, called Evergreen, borders million dollar homes and is miles from the bad parts of town. Having said that, those nice above ground stones you saw are often vandalized and you would not want to be there after dark regardless.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:30 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauderdale954 View Post
I never said fort. lauderdale is a dump, but it is getting worse and worse every year..here a picture from a recent shooting with a AK-47 in oakland park

okay, well if your walking down fort. lauderdale beach u wont encounter any problems really..but i gurantee you will be scared walking through areas like Sunland Park, Anywhere near the swap shop, sistrunk, melrose park, lauderdale manors, lauderdale lakes, much of pompano, and certain areas of deerfield beach. In pompano, a gang that is rapidly gaining infamy called "Doom City" has been responsible for numerous murders, drug dealings, and robberies this year. In deerfield resides a very notorious street gang known as the Grave Yard Boys (G.Y.B.)...because of the TERRIBLE and DANGEROUS conditions in their area, the neighborhoods have been nicknamed "3rd World" by police. And triton1, you may have visited it here, but I live here. totally different. If you go on sun-sentinel.com you will see news articles on Broward County, atleast 1 everyday will have to do with another murder. If you go on youtube and type in "Gangstas And Thugs" you will see videos exposing what is really going on around here. If you type in "guttah tv" in Youtube, you will see a glimpse of Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami neighborhoods. There is also a video on youtube, in which the production company travels the world to the most dangerous neighborhoods..one of them is off of Sis Trunk Blvd. in fort. lauderdale..and as a reminder to all florida residents, the title of the "sunshine state" is often changed to the "gunshine state" both because of the high gun related crimes and the fact that Florida has the most firearms..1 out of every 49 people owns a gun
Check out "Gangstas & Thugs" while your at it too, much of the footage is old and the police already cracked down on the producer. The only problem I have with these videos are people showing their faces, sorta looks contrived.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:38 PM

yeah..thats a pretty nice area..and by the way..? chicago does not have more crime then fort. lauderdale..Fort. Lauderdale, Pompano, West Palm Beach, Miami Gardens, and Miami are ranked more dangerous then Chicago..check your facts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area