Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 06:40 PM

54 posts, read 338,090 times

Advertisements

police are watching the producer..but on halloween, they are coming out with the 4th installment in the gangstas and thugs series..its suppose to be the worst one yet.and "guttah tv" goes inside broward, dade, palm beach, lake worth, and other areas around here.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:02 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,597,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauderdale954 View Post
police are watching the producer..but on halloween, they are coming out with the 4th installment in the gangstas and thugs series..its suppose to be the worst one yet.and "guttah tv" goes inside broward, dade, palm beach, lake worth, and other areas around here.
4th installment! I'm going to have to add it to my collection of fine works of art. Along with my series of Cops, the best of South Florida.

Maybe the producer will do a series on rich surban white kids who want to be gangstas and listen to rap music like in that movie "Malibu's Most Wanted", now that would be funny. Enough of those around here...

Old 09-18-2007, 09:16 PM

haha..i doubt it

Old 09-19-2007, 02:54 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,251,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Check out "Gangstas & Thugs" while your at it too, much of the footage is old and the police already cracked down on the producer. The only problem I have with these videos are people showing their faces, sorta looks contrived.
Gangstas-N-Thugs is filmed exclusively in Palm Beach County. The producer's name is Raylo and he lives in Lake Worth.

Here's a sample of the video:

YouTube - GANGSTAS N THUGS 561

However, it should be interesting to know that Fort Lauderdale actually is the safest of the three major cities in South Florida.

The crime rates have gone up significantly in my area of Palm Beach County. It used to be much safer here than in Broward and Dade There's always random shootings here now. At the Boynton Beach Mall, a shooting. At the Palm Beach Mall, a shooting. At a random Public in the NICE section of Lake Worth, a shooting. There's always shootings!

Old 09-19-2007, 03:34 PM

67 posts, read 275,217 times
Quote:
yeah..thats a pretty nice area..and by the way..? chicago does not have more crime then fort. lauderdale..Fort. Lauderdale, Pompano, West Palm Beach, Miami Gardens, and Miami are ranked more dangerous then Chicago..check your facts
To say that Fort Lauderdale is more dangerous than a major US city like Chicago is assanine.

Stay out of the bad neighborhoods and you will be fine.

People down here want to complain about the traffic and crime, but it is nothing compared to some of the major cities in the US. I think a lot of Florida residents have a poor perception of reality. They see a murder in a neighboring town and think they are living in the ghetto. There is crime and traffic everywhere...it's no worse down here than it is in other parts of the country.

Maybe we are just too close to the Bible belt where everyone is sheltered...

Old 09-19-2007, 03:44 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,251,143 times
Or maybe it's the fact that Florida is the 8th most dangerous state out of the 50 in the nation.

Most Dangerous States, 2007 — Infoplease.com

Old 09-19-2007, 04:51 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,757,983 times
Notice where Tennessee and South Carolina are on the list, something seems wrong with this.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:59 PM

326 posts, read 470,952 times
Quote:
I was born in Fort. Lauderdale, and have lived here all my life. And nowadays, in Broward, the crime is overwhelming. The truth is, if you don't live way out west in a city like Weston, Coral Springs, or parts of Miramar/pembrooke pines, there will be crime DAILY. Fort. Lauderdale is ranked as one of the top 50 most dangerous cities in the country, along with pompano beach, and soon to be deerfield. In the first 7 days and the new year, there was 7 murders. I can gurantee the murder count this year will nearly double. Also, because of the recent violence towards police, Broward has been nicked named "Cop Killer County". If you want to live in a safe city, stay out of Fort. Lauderdale (for the most part), Deerfield Beach, Oakland Park, Pompano, parts of Hollywood, Lauderdale Lakes, and Lauderhill. In Oakland Park, there have already been numerous robbery and drug related murders and assaults. In Fort. Lauderdale, the murders keep piling up, with drugs and gangs infesting the streets. In deerfield and pompano, rival gangs from the cities are killing each other in drive by shootings over turf, drugs, and money. Stay out west if your in Broward County. The east is not safe. The West Palm Beach mayor has noted South Florida as being the most "Corrupt and Dangerous" region in the country. South Florida in all is pretty much bad. I witness crime everyday. I have seen people get murdered, and I have known people who have lost their life to street violence. The east side of Broward County IS NOT SAFE.
Actually, according to a crime comparison website, this info is flat out wrong and bogus! True, there are areas in a narrow north-south corridor north of fort lauderdale that can be a little bumpy, but everywhere you go, there is always going to be some crime. The world is an imperfect place.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:09 PM

199 posts, read 220,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Or maybe it's the fact that Florida is the 8th most dangerous state out of the 50 in the nation.

Most Dangerous States, 2007 — Infoplease.com
Gee, where is the poster who called people from the NE "soulless"? Looks like the red states lead in crime and divorce rates. The NE states seem to be pretty far down on that list.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:20 PM

tennessee is bad, noticably in cities like memphis and nashville..and south carolina is ahlf and half..columbia can be pretty bad..they have the highest population of a set of the Bloods called "Gangster Killer Bloods", but i have to Columbia many times without problems..im not too familiar with south carolina except aiken, columbia, greenville, and spartanburg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area