Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2024, 02:16 PM

1,184 posts, read 664,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
To me, organic just means you pay extra for bugs and dirt. My stores have beautiful clean produce, for less $$, and it hasn’t killed us yet.
"For sure, there is no solid evidence that pesticides will kill you, it's all good."
- A Monsanto executive
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2024, 03:24 PM

7,378 posts, read 5,307,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
"For sure, there is no solid evidence that pesticides will kill you, it's all good."
- A Monsanto executive
Please present us with a study showing routine exposure to ag pesticides on food causes any pathology in those eating it.

Some things aren't worth worrying about.

Old 05-04-2024, 10:13 PM

1,114 posts, read 651,158 times
This is an article in a publication. In reality, I know of no one who ever got sick from green veggies, organic or not. Where I live is a relatively close knit community of maybe 700 people, I see dozens and dozens of them every day. We're retired and like to chit chat (gossip). Believe me, if anyone got sick from any veggies, I would have heard about it.

Or, to put this article in perspective, I am 72 years old and have NEVER heard of anyone who got sick from eating green veggies. I go by what I see and hear, not what is in some publication. I'm sure it happens, but it sure doesn't happen much.

Old 05-05-2024, 10:30 AM

1,184 posts, read 664,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenMM View Post
This is an article in a publication. In reality, I know of no one who ever got sick from green veggies, organic or not. Where I live is a relatively close knit community of maybe 700 people, I see dozens and dozens of them every day. We're retired and like to chit chat (gossip). Believe me, if anyone got sick from any veggies, I would have heard about it.

Or, to put this article in perspective, I am 72 years old and have NEVER heard of anyone who got sick from eating green veggies. I go by what I see and hear, not what is in some publication. I'm sure it happens, but it sure doesn't happen much.
I think the reality is that for the most part, our system works and the veggies in our supermarkets are safe to eat.

It's when there are outliers of certain batches that are contaminated by dangerous bacteria or chemicals that you hear of hospitalizations and even death.

The thing is this, chances are you and I have eaten veggies that are contaminated, but either it's a small amount or our bodies are strong enough to deal with it that we don't get seriously ill or sick.

There are plenty of times that people may feel a bit "off" after eating something and chalk it up to indigestion, etc when in reality it was contamination of our food.

I think organic generally makes sense when it comes to better nutrition and less chemicals in our bodies, the only problem is that it is more expensive to produce.

I think anyone who has a backyard can easily set up a few raised beds and grow some of their own veggies. The easiest way to having organic veggies and the satisfaction of knowing where your food actually comes from.

Old 05-06-2024, 11:06 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,817,511 times
Unfortunately it's hard to get something completely organic since anything grown outdoors is exposed to pesticides through water runoffs underground. However it's still important to eat organic where the fertizers used are natural rather than gmo. Non-organic veg will cause more health issues such as inflammation and accelerated puberty from the gmo contaminated foods.

Old 05-10-2024, 07:38 AM

32,765 posts, read 48,508,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
......... the gmo contaminated foods.
"GMO" is not a thing. GMO is an adjective, not a noun. There is no such thing as a GMO. A GMO can not get into your bloodstream or into your brain, or contaminate your food.

Old Today, 06:01 AM

15 posts, read 1,767 times
I've heard these concerns about organic vegetables potentially carrying disease-causing bacteria. It's an interesting topic, but I believe there's another angle to consider.
Besides, have you ever tried barley grass powder? It's a great addition to a healthy diet and can complement your intake of organic vegetables. It's packed with nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. While it's always important to properly wash and handle any produce, using barley grass powder is a safer and more nutritious option anyway. I've found that adding it to smoothies or juices is a great way to boost my daily nutrient intake. Plus, it's grown in a controlled environment, which minimizes the risk of bacterial contamination.
Of course, we have to maintain good hygiene practices with all foods. Balancing organic vegetables with something like barley grass can be a good strategy for maintaining a healthy diet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink