Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2023, 10:53 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,492,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
LOL good analogy! This whole thread has become just grumping and reverse-snobbery, and in some cases downvoting food one has never even tasted.

That's been my suspicion reading through some of these.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2023, 11:00 AM

5,010 posts, read 10,686,308 times
Bananas. I ****ing hate bananas.
Wine. When people start talking about a certain wine’s “bouquet” or how it pairs well with or can only be drunk with X, I just look at them with a vacant stare.
Grilled cheese sandwiches. I’ve always found them disgusting.
Mac ‘n cheese, especially when it’s made with something fancy like “truffles” or “lobster.”
Wraps of any kind.
Salmon.
Pudding.

Old 06-19-2023, 11:02 AM

5,010 posts, read 10,686,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Sunny side up egg on top of a cheeseburger. I mean, why? Just mkes a mess. I like eggs, I like cheeseburgers. Just not together.

Actually, a lot of places local to us here in Louisiana seem to be of the mind “if we add an egg it’s just that much better!” On pretty much everything.

No thank you.
That’s hilarious! I remember being in Argentina and getting equally annoyed that I could not order a steak without a fried egg on top.

Old 06-19-2023, 11:04 AM

2,024 posts, read 979,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Mac ‘n cheese, especially when it’s made with something fancy like “truffles” or “lobster.”
I agree. Mac and cheese is such a basic comfort food (I'm not a huge fan but like it OK in the right circumstances) that trying to luxe it up seems, to me, to fall flat. It's a waste of good lobster meat, and let's get real...there's rarely more than a nugget of it anyway.

Old 06-19-2023, 11:32 AM

50,343 posts, read 63,918,476 times
So what do you put on pizza? What's in your mozzarella sticks?

I still put it on pizza, but I’d add some other stronger Italian cheeses. I wouldn’t ever order mozzarella sticks.

Old 06-19-2023, 12:00 PM

6,787 posts, read 4,227,308 times
I don't really like tamales. Of all the 'mainstream' Mexican dishes that's the one I don't really like. I know they're extremely popular as a Christmas dish among Mexicans, but there's just too much 'masa' and not enough else to make it really tasty.

Old 06-19-2023, 12:30 PM

12,836 posts, read 9,033,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
That's like saying why would I go get a steak when I can get a Big Mac. LOL
It's funny. There was a good ramen shop in town and I heard from several people complaining about the prices saying "I can get a can of chicken noodle soup for around a dollar."

Old 06-19-2023, 12:35 PM

2,024 posts, read 979,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
It's funny. There was a good ramen shop in town and I heard from several people complaining about the prices saying "I can get a can of chicken noodle soup for around a dollar."
I'm not surprised. We live where there are a gazillion ramen shops and my daughter, the expert, says several of them are just average-to-lousy at best.

Old 06-19-2023, 12:36 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
"Fried pieces of rubber" - hysterical, spot on.

Btw, the reason pizza from a pizzeria is better then any homemade (one reason) is they always use Whole Milk cheese.
Mediocre mozz doesn't have enough or any salt in it.
Great NY pizza dough has yogurt in the dough as it rises. (It pays to be older cuz of learning these mysteries! LOL).

Ok I have one -and in the SW it can be some kind of 'big freaking deal': Polenta!
It's Cream of Wheat or grits in an oven! Main dish?
R U kidding? I don't care WHAT kind of color platter it's served on!
I will never buy a Filet Mignon again, I have for years ...tasteless. So what it melts in your mouth!
Ribeye and Skirt steak does with flavor, cooked just right!!!

Old 06-19-2023, 12:45 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't care for any sort of pizza. I mean, it's OK but it's not anything I ever crave.
Same with pancakes.
ONE bite of a Margarita pizza from Joeys ..and you would change your mind.
I swear to you.

PS I'm sorry for the heat there!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink