Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2024, 08:03 PM

32,986 posts, read 36,507,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Sounds a good idea. We don't need the whole pie, either. Have to look for those.
My son found them at Walmart and Dollar General of all places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2024, 02:00 PM

19,461 posts, read 15,307,729 times
I just saw a list of suggestions for quick weeknight meals, "all under 90 minutes."

Old 04-24-2024, 03:07 PM

4,200 posts, read 3,418,549 times
Quick, huh.

Old 04-28-2024, 10:08 AM

6,483 posts, read 4,020,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I just saw a list of suggestions for quick weeknight meals, "all under 90 minutes."
That's about as realistic as suggesting you spend your entire weekend doing nothing but cooking so you can freeze it all and not have to cook during the week...

Old 04-29-2024, 05:36 PM

19,461 posts, read 15,307,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
That's about as realistic as suggesting you spend your entire weekend doing nothing but cooking so you can freeze it all and not have to cook during the week...
Haha, good point.

Old 05-10-2024, 05:21 PM

6,494 posts, read 6,708,135 times
Default Going to a restaurant when I'm not hungry

This may seem like a strange question, but hear me out. I have a very small appetite, meaning, I might eat just a piece of fruit for breakfast, some cucumber slices for lunch, half a chicken breast and a vegetable for dinner, things like that.

The only time it's a problem is when my husband and I are on vacation, and we're dining out 3 times a day. We're actually on vacation right now, and after having had a burger and potato salad for lunch today, the thought of eating another meal for dinner makes me nauseous. Plus, I've been successfully losing weight recently, and it seems ridiculous and unhealthy to eat when I'm not even hungry.

There was already one night on this trip where I just stayed at the hotel while he went to dinner. I'd kinda like to do that again tonight, but doggone it, we're on vacation, and I do enjoy being with him!

Is it rude to go to a restaurant and just drink water while my husband eats? The only things I drink are water and diet cola, but I can't consume caffeine in the evening. So that leaves water. (I no longer drink alcohol, for health reasons).

Either way, my husband is taking up a table, so I'm not really hurting the restaurant by sitting with him. It just seems weird to me, so thought I'd solicit your opinions.

Old 05-10-2024, 05:27 PM

11,795 posts, read 6,173,418 times
I have gone to restaurants when I am not hungry, just for the social aspect and to be out doing something.

The difference is, I am a pig so I just order and eat something. But it would probably be on the light side since I am not hungry.

No, it is not rude at all to sit and watch someone else eat. You are under no obligation. As you noted, he is the paying customer so it is OK. It is not like two people going in for water and ordering nothing.

Old 05-10-2024, 05:28 PM

2,240 posts, read 2,415,589 times
I personally don't think it's rude to just order a soda at a restaurant while your husband orders a meal. If you still feel weird about it, maybe you could just order a small appetizer or cup of soup?

I do have a question though...how do you have such a small appetite? lol. Have you always been that way? It seems like you're eating well under 1,000 calories a day. I just have a big appetite and always wonder how some people can eat so little haha.

Old 05-10-2024, 05:44 PM

6,494 posts, read 6,708,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I personally don't think it's rude to just order a soda at a restaurant while your husband orders a meal. If you still feel weird about it, maybe you could just order a small appetizer or cup of soup?

I do have a question though...how do you have such a small appetite? lol. Have you always been that way? It seems like you're eating well under 1,000 calories a day. I just have a big appetite and always wonder how some people can eat so little haha.
I have somewhat trained myself to desire little to eat. I would gain so much weight on 1000 calories a day! I periodically (for a couple months at a time, once or twice a year) record every single thing I eat on My Fitness Pal, just to understand my weight issues better. I must have an extremely low metabolism. I barely lose weight (maybe 1/2 pound a week) when I'm consuming 5-600 calories a day. But by eating only low-calorie fruits, veggies, and lean meats, it is indeed easy for me to feel full on that. Trust me, I hate feeling hungry!

So it's easy for me to eat low-cal, except when we're on vacation, which is why I posted my question.

Old 05-10-2024, 05:44 PM

130,812 posts, read 12,207,245 times
I think you should a least order a soda or a decaf tea. Something small.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink