Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2024, 10:28 AM

57 posts, read 33,987 times

Advertisements

Assyrians IYDK are an ethnic group from Iran, Iraq, Turkey areas and are stateless. They are Christian and suffered a lot of tension between groups in said countries, although things hopefully and AFAIK toned down a bit.

Similar to Armenians kinda.

How is their food different? From Syria for instance. How is the food in Turlock CA if you know that town? I find it interesting I live 2 hrs from this interesting ethnic community and never knew about it at the age of 30, being a Norcal native. Detroit has a big population.. how is their food?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2024, 01:04 PM

2,262 posts, read 1,126,145 times
There is a lot of overlap and commonality in the food associated with the ethnic groups you listed. Primarily because the borders in that part of the world (and thus the people living within them) have been fluid for centuries.

Old 06-03-2024, 06:05 AM

24,917 posts, read 11,342,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAsianContagion View Post
Assyrians IYDK are an ethnic group from Iran, Iraq, Turkey areas and are stateless. They are Christian and suffered a lot of tension between groups in said countries, although things hopefully and AFAIK toned down a bit.

How is their food different? From Syria for instance. How is the food in Turlock CA if you know that town? I find it interesting I live 2 hrs from this interesting ethnic community and never knew about it at the age of 30, being a Norcal native. Detroit has a big population.. how is their food?
OT - I do not know what you consider "toned down" and "stateless". If you live 2 hours from Turlock just go for dinner.

Old 06-03-2024, 05:43 PM

4,276 posts, read 4,952,562 times
Quote:

How is their food different? From Syria for instance.
It's not different at all.

Old 06-04-2024, 12:51 PM

57 posts, read 33,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
OT - I do not know what you consider "toned down" and "stateless". If you live 2 hours from Turlock just go for dinner.
Assyria is stateless, as in no country. You did not know this? Same with Kurdistan and Palestine

Old Today, 12:26 PM

756 posts, read 494,229 times
Quote:

There are many Assyrian and Syrian cookbooks on Amazon and Kindle Unlimited. They even let you read small samples of each of the books so you might be able to compare the recipes from each ethnicity before you even buy them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink