Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 08:44 AM

78,684 posts, read 60,878,962 times

Advertisements

Here is an interesting website I found, it answers several questions brought up in this thread like cost by age.

Average Insurance Cost of Honda Accord in Tampa, FL

OP, I notice you mentioned that you still have your old accord. Is that included in the 6k and what year is it?

The only significant price difference between a 2024 and a 2012 should be the coverage for the car itself and not the liability or medical etc. In that situation a 6k vs. 2k, thus a 4k difference makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2024, 09:08 AM

8,001 posts, read 9,203,047 times
Hondas are popular to steal because there is a huge market for their parts due to their popularity. Hence the high cost of insuring them. Theft rings bring them to chop shops and they make a killing on the parts.

Doesnt matter if they are dull or boring.

Old 05-11-2024, 10:46 AM

19,873 posts, read 12,164,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Not sure what a 10/20 is but I pay $2200 a year for a 2014.
Mine just went up to $2k a year for a 2012 Acura.

Old 05-11-2024, 11:01 AM

4,510 posts, read 3,884,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Here is an interesting website I found, it answers several questions brought up in this thread like cost by age.

Average Insurance Cost of Honda Accord in Tampa, FL

OP, I notice you mentioned that you still have your old accord. Is that included in the 6k and what year is it?

The only significant price difference between a 2024 and a 2012 should be the coverage for the car itself and not the liability or medical etc. In that situation a 6k vs. 2k, thus a 4k difference makes no sense.
Thanks for link; those numbers must be for six months not a year. Otherwise they are way off.

I mentioned the 2018 accord in my OP. No im selling the 2018 accord and using that money to buy new car.

Regarding cost to insure among the different years Tell that to the insurance companies.

Still waiting for someone to come here and say they are paying 1800 a year to insure a 2024 accord in tampa or have a quote for that.

You know what’s really sad about this whole thing. The reason I want to replace the 2018 with a 2024 is to have the new safety features. All of those safety features should be making the car CHEAPER to insure. They prevent accidents they prevent serious injury etc. but they are not.

Last edited by sinatras; 05-11-2024 at 11:15 AM..

Old 05-11-2024, 11:09 AM

30,271 posts, read 11,905,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
This is why Elon Musk and Tesla will dominate soon when their autonomous vehicles will be the new Uber. More people will move away from personal vehicles due to the cost.

Of course this is basically the plan but the current government. Get people out of owning and driving their own cars. Elon was smart enough to see that and plan for it.

That is the long term plan. Car ownership for personal use will be a thing of the past. $6,000 a year just for insurance plus your car payment for a vehicle that sits 23 hours a day. Self driving cars will take all of that over.

Old 05-11-2024, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
That is the long term plan. Car ownership for personal use will be a thing of the past. $6,000 a year just for insurance plus your car payment for a vehicle that sits 23 hours a day. Self driving cars will take all of that over.

There sure does seem to be some kind of conspiracy to make owning cars and homes unaffordable in this country.

Old 05-11-2024, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Floods.
Hurricanes.
Wild fires.
Soaring auto theft.
Carjackings.
Car breakins. Used to be they only smashed car windows if they saw something. Now it is 20 cars at a time fishing.
More cars being demolished in police pursuits.
Smash and grabs using stolen cars to ram store fronts.

All the while, cars, the cost of parts, and the cost of labor have all shot up due to massive inflation.
Please post a link to the “soaring auto theft”. That will be my next worry. Because if my acccord gets stolen I’ll have no choice but to pay triple insurance premiums.

Old 05-11-2024, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Hondas are popular to steal because there is a huge market for their parts due to their popularity. Hence the high cost of insuring them. Theft rings bring them to chop shops and they make a killing on the parts.

Doesnt matter if they are dull or boring.

As a longtime accord owner I know Hondas have been popular to steal for decades so that doesn’t explain it unless there is a 600% increase in accord theft I’m
Unaware of……

Old 05-11-2024, 11:49 AM

17,441 posts, read 15,575,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
There sure does seem to be some kind of conspiracy to make owning cars and homes unaffordable in this country.
Our car-centric suburban model is simply not sustainable in the long run.

Old 05-11-2024, 12:56 PM

25,991 posts, read 12,998,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Thanks for link; those numbers must be for six months not a year. Otherwise they are way off.

I mentioned the 2018 accord in my OP. No im selling the 2018 accord and using that money to buy new car.

Regarding cost to insure among the different years Tell that to the insurance companies.

Still waiting for someone to come here and say they are paying 1800 a year to insure a 2024 accord in tampa or have a quote for that.

You know what’s really sad about this whole thing. The reason I want to replace the 2018 with a 2024 is to have the new safety features. All of those safety features should be making the car CHEAPER to insure. They prevent accidents they prevent serious injury etc. but they are not.
Many of those safety features have camera's and sensors on the exterior of the car. A very minor rear bumper collision can damage several safety instruments, & drive the cost to repair a minor fender bender above $3,500 in a NY minute.

A friend backed into our near new car in his driveway as he was backing out...he barely brushed up against our car. He scraped the rear bumper paint, & put a very minor dent in the metal just above the plastic bumper. You couldnt even see the dent from some angles...size of a key fob.

He said to get it fixed w/o reporting it to insurance, and he'll pay. I got 2 estimate's....cheapest was $3,800!

I got it fixed, and he paid us. I'm still in shock over cost...both body shops said it was due to all the wiring under the bumper, & safety sensors.

To remove the rear bumper, he had to remove both black plastic wheel well covers (rears) which are 1 time use, so both had to be replaced...$800 of the $3,800 repair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida