Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM

3,447 posts, read 2,426,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiredone View Post
I have an electric KitchenAid stove. Yes, there are stoves in white but only the basic functions. I need 5 burner and the basic ones don't have it nor do they have a convection oven.
Stoves don't have ovens. I think you're confusing terminology really badly.

Stoves can be purchased and installed within a countertop. They don't need an oven at all, to be useful. Ditto for ovens. They are two different appliances, often sold together. There are homes where the stove is on a central kitchen island, and a double-oven is set into the wall of the kitchen.

If you want an INDUCTION STOVE - then you'll be getting a black-top stove.

If you want a CONVECTION OVEN - then you can get whatever color floats your boat.

If you want a MATCHED SET induction stove/convection oven, you'd have to select black, because the top of an induction stove is black.

You can get a white or brushed metal convection oven, with an induction stovetop, but the stovetop will be black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2024, 02:34 PM

27,231 posts, read 43,997,566 times
Quote:
I have an electric KitchenAid stove. Yes, there are stoves in white but only the basic functions. I need 5 burner and the basic ones don't have it nor do they have a convection oven.
These two would seem to be the answer then:

https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/aj...a7562bbfac986b

https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/aj...c41312b3518121

Old 04-17-2024, 04:17 PM

9,182 posts, read 6,216,162 times
Quote:
I've never heard of most of these brands. The KitchenAid is on backorder here too.

Bespoke is the upscale line of Samsung appliances.

Cafe is the upscale line of GE appliances.

The other brands are widely sold and widely known.

BTW- Although technically you are looking for a range, not a stove, any salesperson would understand what you want. Ignore the word police here.

Old 04-18-2024, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Bespoke is the upscale line of Samsung appliances.

Cafe is the upscale line of GE appliances.

The other brands are widely sold and widely known.

BTW- Although technically you are looking for a range, not a stove, any salesperson would understand what you want. Ignore the word police here.
A range, or a stove, is not an oven. The OP keeps confusing the two, AND keeps confusing "invection" with "conduction." So it's hard to tell what they're looking for, ESPECIALLY since induction stoves are all BLACK and they are looking for a white one, and everyone keeps linking them to pictures of white OVENS with black stoves.

Old 04-18-2024, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
A range, or a stove, is not an oven. The OP keeps confusing the two, AND keeps confusing "invection" with "conduction." So it's hard to tell what they're looking for, ESPECIALLY since induction stoves are all BLACK and they are looking for a white one, and everyone keeps linking them to pictures of white OVENS with black stoves.

Ha Ha.

Check out these Induction Stoves at Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/shop/induction-stove

Old 04-18-2024, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Ha Ha.

Check out these Induction Stoves at Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/shop/induction-stove
And every single stove top is black, no matter what color the oven is.

Old 04-19-2024, 08:25 AM

My last word on words used.

"What is the difference between a range and a stove?

If you call a range a stove people will know what you mean. In modern times, the terms stove and range are often used interchangeably to describe the familiar appliance that has an oven cavity for baking and a cooktop above for heating pots and pans.

A stove or range is an appliance that combines both an oven and a stovetop. Strictly speaking though, stoves existed before the modern kitchen range to heat homes and aren’t always used for food preparation."

https://www.whirlpool.com/blog/kitch...e-vs-oven.html

Old 04-19-2024, 10:46 AM

32,948 posts, read 36,405,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
And every single stove top is black, no matter what color the oven is.
No, they're not all black.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/whirlpo...?skuId=6303967

Old 04-19-2024, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Try to keep up with the discussion. I was responding to Lilie, who posted a link to results of a search for INDUCTION stoves. Lots of the ovens with those stoves were different colors. But Every single stove top in that link is black, no matter what color the oven is.

All INDUCTION stovetops are black.

Old 04-19-2024, 12:48 PM

27,231 posts, read 43,997,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post

I think I had read the white induction top was going away because whatever is used to create the white surface isn't durable and gets scuffed up quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida