Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 01:56 PM

18,426 posts, read 8,258,982 times

Advertisements

you can't keep a good mouse down.....

so instead of pulling out......they are building the largest expansion in history

"Walt Disney World is reportedly moving forward with a massive expansion to its Magic Kingdom theme park just days after the company settled out of court with the Gov. Ron DeSantis-appointed Central Florida Tourism Oversight District."

“Walt Disney World is currently in the process of filing permits for development work behind Magic Kingdom that will prepare the area for a future expansion expected to be the largest expansion in the park’s history,”

"The new area will be around the size as Hollywood Studios’ 14-acre “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge” land."

https://flvoicenews.com/disney-world...-with-florida/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2024, 02:03 PM

14,953 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Florida is still fertile ground for tourism. However I would prefer a more environmental theme or technology theme going forward.

Actually I hope Elon Musk gets involved in technology theme parks, for inspiration to reach to the stars AND BEYOND!

Good news... they kissed and made up already. Will the lefties be pissed?

Old 04-04-2024, 02:57 PM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Well, they kind of need to. Universal is in the middle of building their largest park: Epic Universe (which looks amazing by the way.)
They need to keep up.

Old 04-04-2024, 09:13 PM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
The Disney CEO was interviewed on CNBC today and he was asked about the lawsuit. Iger said he felt it was a win-win for Disney and Florida, and that it was good to put the whole issue behind them. He looks forward to working with the state’s newly-formed development board and feels good people were chosen.

But this settlement hasn’t affected Disney’s federal lawsuit against DeSantis, and that one concerns Disney’s free speech rights. So we will see how far that goes.

Iger was asked if he and DeSantis harbored any grudges against each other, and he said he didn’t, it’s all now forgotten, but as for Ron, you’ll have to ask him!

Old 04-04-2024, 09:25 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times
They should charge Floridians twice the ticket price, and anyone coming in with an out of state ID can get tickets at half price. Because Florida was so happy that the state took their district away from them against their will, just because they stated their OPINION about CURRENT EVENTS ant the Governor blew a gasket over it. So make him and all his yes-men pay double.

Old 04-04-2024, 09:35 PM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times
I have to say I didn’t see the expansion coming (as per expanding an existing park), but after what Universal is doing regarding its expansion (creating an entirely new park) I wasn’t expecting Disney to stay with cross arms. lol I was expecting for Disney to unveil a new theme park. They certainly have the land already.

There are so many themes they could work with. Why not create a new park where “unused” cultures could be included. Say a section where African American culture is displayed with statues of AA’s like Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Michael Jordan, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Oprah Winfrey, Tina Turner, etc? Include rides and replicas of known AA’s landmarks around the USA suxh as the Apollo Theater of Harlem, NY; Frederick Douglass house in Anacostia, etc. Include ambiance music for that area that includes jazz, blues and other African American origin types.

The another area about the main Native American cultures, another of India with a replica of the Taj Mahal as its main centerpiece, etc. Each area also including several rides too.

Maybe include 3 new resorts, one following an African American theme where all positive aspects of AA’s are exalted including a restaurant featuring African American cuisine, maybe even include an art gallery of African American arts and sculptures. Another following an Indian theme, etc.

That would be such a nice, fun and educating park. I think it would be extra competition for the new one Universal is creating.

Old 04-04-2024, 09:48 PM

435 posts, read 453,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
They should charge Floridians twice the ticket price, and anyone coming in with an out of state ID can get tickets at half price. Because Florida was so happy that the state took their district away from them against their will, just because they stated their OPINION about CURRENT EVENTS ant the Governor blew a gasket over it. So make him and all his yes-men pay double.
It was never Disney's district. They were in the wrong, were forced to withdraw their lawsuits in disgrace because they lacked legal merit, and now the district is once again correctly under the control of the state government.

Last edited by Yac; 04-05-2024 at 11:04 AM..

Old 04-04-2024, 09:50 PM

435 posts, read 453,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I have to say I didn’t see the expansion coming (as per expanding an existing park), but after what Universal is doing regarding its expansion (creating an entirely new park) I wasn’t expecting Disney to stay with cross arms. lol I was expecting for Disney to unveil a new theme park. They certainly have the land already.

There are so many themes they could work with. Why not create a new park where “unused” cultures could be included. Say a section where African American culture is displayed with statues of AA’s like Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Michael Jordan, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Oprah Winfrey, Tina Turner, etc? Include rides and replicas of known AA’s landmarks around the USA suxh as the Apollo Theater of Harlem, NY; Frederick Douglass house in Anacostia, etc. Include ambiance music for that area that includes jazz, blues and other African American origin types.

The another area about the main Native American cultures, another of India with a replica of the Taj Mahal as its main centerpiece, etc. Each area also including several rides too.

Maybe include 3 new resorts, one following an African American theme where all positive aspects of AA’s are exalted including a restaurant featuring African American cuisine, maybe even include an art gallery of African American arts and sculptures. Another following an Indian theme, etc.

That would be such a nice, fun and educating park. I think it would be extra competition for the new one Universal is creating.
This sounds ridiculously boring and it would not be "extra competition" for anything besides the "sh***iest attraction in the world" contest lmao

Respectfully, I can say with 100% confidence that you do not have a future in theme park planning.

Old 04-05-2024, 01:05 AM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ashbury View Post
This sounds ridiculously boring and it would not be "extra competition" for anything besides the "sh***iest attraction in the world" contest lmao

Respectfully, I can say with 100% confidence that you do not have a future in theme park planning.
Lol

All I have to say is that Sea World and Old Town is still in business while the hypothetical them park I suggested would have more rides than those.

Anyway, about expanding Magic Kingdom which is a park that even with the expansion will not be much of anything for Epic. If anything, I have always seen the Magic Kingdom mostly as a kids place.

Old 04-05-2024, 05:26 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
The Disney CEO was interviewed on CNBC today and he was asked about the lawsuit. Iger said he felt it was a win-win for Disney and Florida, and that it was good to put the whole issue behind them. He looks forward to working with the state’s newly-formed development board and feels good people were chosen.

But this settlement hasn’t affected Disney’s federal lawsuit against DeSantis, and that one concerns Disney’s free speech rights. So we will see how far that goes.

Iger was asked if he and DeSantis harbored any grudges against each other, and he said he didn’t, it’s all now forgotten, but as for Ron, you’ll have to ask him!

I know American citizens have the right to free speech, but I don't recall corporations having that same protection.

I think Disney loses that lawsuit. I'm on the State's side on that one.

Lobbying to alter public policy is the way corps speak out...not by yacking out anti-gov't opinions through the media.

Disney's failing financially, so they are ditching the woke rheoric for now, to try to improve their financials, and stock price.

Disney proved once again that you cannot beat City Hall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida