Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2024, 09:45 AM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmbizzle View Post
What abuse? Disney wasn't breaking any laws. They objectived to a bill, which last time I checked was a 1A right.
I guess you didn't read the investigative report. Easily found and I posted the PDF already. Don't rely on MSNBC or CNN to get your information.

Why do you think they dropped everything? and want to kiss and make up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2024, 10:07 AM

490 posts, read 516,902 times
Is MSNBC & CNN your go to? I don't watch those. I also don't see where you posted any PDF in this thread.

Old 04-06-2024, 07:24 PM

844 posts, read 2,829,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I have to say I didn’t see the expansion coming (as per expanding an existing park), but after what Universal is doing regarding its expansion (creating an entirely new park) I wasn’t expecting Disney to stay with cross arms. lol I was expecting for Disney to unveil a new theme park. They certainly have the land already.

There are so many themes they could work with. Why not create a new park where “unused” cultures could be included. Say a section where African American culture is displayed with statues of AA’s like Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Michael Jordan, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Oprah Winfrey, Tina Turner, etc? Include rides and replicas of known AA’s landmarks around the USA suxh as the Apollo Theater of Harlem, NY; Frederick Douglass house in Anacostia, etc. Include ambiance music for that area that includes jazz, blues and other African American origin types.

The another area about the main Native American cultures, another of India with a replica of the Taj Mahal as its main centerpiece, etc. Each area also including several rides too.

Maybe include 3 new resorts, one following an African American theme where all positive aspects of AA’s are exalted including a restaurant featuring African American cuisine, maybe even include an art gallery of African American arts and sculptures. Another following an Indian theme, etc.

That would be such a nice, fun and educating park. I think it would be extra competition for the new one Universal is creating.
Well, from 1993 to 2003 Orlando had a theme park called "Splendid China". It was shut down because it was owned by Communist China. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splendid_China (Florida)

Old 04-09-2024, 05:30 AM

490 posts, read 516,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Disney vowed to get the Parental Rights in Education Act repealed

...and proceeded to do as much gay/trans things as possible
They did?

Old 04-11-2024, 02:18 PM

3,426 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firmbizzle View Post
They did?
Disney did vow to support state and national efforts to get it repealed, yes. Here's their statement:

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/sta...a-legislation/

This was only after the CEO and other officers of the corporation got pushback from employees who objected to the legislation, as they have a healthy LGBTQTIA++ presence.

As a direct result of their statement, desantis deleted their district government, and shifted financial responsibility of maintaining the district from Disney to property owners (of which Disney is the primary one, but not the only one).

So now, Disney will profit even more by expanding - because they won't have to do any of the maintenance on any public roads they build. It'll come out of the pockets of the "collective" including Disney, homeowners, and businesses that own their own property in the district.

Big win for Disney. Big loss for the people. All because desantis is afraid of men wearing dresses.

Old 04-11-2024, 02:49 PM

17,133 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Disney did vow to support state and national efforts to get it repealed, yes. Here's their statement:

This was only after the CEO and other officers of the corporation got pushback from employees who objected to the legislation, as they have a healthy LGBTQTIA++ presence.

As a direct result of their statement, desantis deleted their district government, and shifted financial responsibility of maintaining the district from Disney to property owners (of which Disney is the primary one, but not the only one).

So now, Disney will profit even more by expanding - because they won't have to do any of the maintenance on any public roads they build. It'll come out of the pockets of the "collective" including Disney, homeowners, and businesses that own their own property in the district.

Big win for Disney. Big loss for the people. All because desantis is afraid of men wearing dresses.
Is there a reason why you omitted P and 2s? I'm offended.

Old 04-12-2024, 08:00 AM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Quote:

Such a false dichotomy of what took place and what will take place. You know this was never about men in dresses... total BS.

Old 04-12-2024, 08:24 AM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Disney wasn't maintaining it all for free.....Disney was charging them in the first place

"The district, through legislation from the 1960s, allows Disney to govern its own properties and levy extra taxes on top of what local governments charge. Those taxes pay for a variety of services on Disney properties."

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...k/69875766007/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida