Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 10:42 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,429,872 times

Advertisements

Personally I would just put it into WAZE just before leaving and see if there are any reported accidents or delays on either route. Both routes are about an hour 22 min. 95 you would still take a toll road (528) over to the airport but it would be far less expensive than taking the expressway all the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2024, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 50 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-fused View Post
i'll be driving from orlando to west palm beach on a wednesday afternoon in mid april. Leaving orlando at 1ish. Then driving back on a friday morning from west palm beach to orlando, leaving wpb at 10am ish.

Is it better to take i95 or the turnpike? I hear the turnpike is more expensive due to tolls but is better due to traffic but for that time of day, does it make a difference. I will not be in a hurry but am not fond of lots of traffic either.

Thanks.
i95

Old 04-18-2024, 09:04 PM

1 posts, read 47 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
I'll be driving from Orlando to West Palm Beach on a Wednesday afternoon in mid April. Leaving Orlando at 1ish. Then driving back on a Friday morning from West Palm Beach to Orlando, leaving WPB at 10am ish.

Is it better to take I95 or the Turnpike? I hear the Turnpike is more expensive due to tolls but is better due to traffic but for that time of day, does it make a difference. I will not be in a hurry but am not fond of lots of traffic either.

Thanks.
Turnpike

Old Today, 06:33 AM

6,459 posts, read 7,793,546 times
Well, I am back from my trip and I took whatever my GPS told me to, which was mostly the turnpike. I was on I95 for 30ish miles as well, forgot why but I was (just remembered...I had to do some work and stopped off at one of the public libraries and the GPS put me on I95). I95 was fine, more congested though and more exits. Turnpike was better since I wasn't really needing to get off into any towns.

Thanks to all who opined! I had a great time on your State!

Old Today, 12:36 PM

2,530 posts, read 1,862,143 times
Turnpike imo. I-95 is pretty bad.

Old Today, 07:34 PM

3,237 posts, read 3,192,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
Well, I am back from my trip and I took whatever my GPS told me to, which was mostly the turnpike. I was on I95 for 30ish miles as well, forgot why but I was (just remembered...I had to do some work and stopped off at one of the public libraries and the GPS put me on I95). I95 was fine, more congested though and more exits. Turnpike was better since I wasn't really needing to get off into any towns.

Thanks to all who opined! I had a great time on your State!
Thanks for the update. So glad you had a wonderful time in Florida. You chose a great time of year to,visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida