Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where should we go?
Daytona/Port Orange/NSB 12 63.16%
Miami 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 02:29 PM

630 posts, read 402,311 times

Advertisements

Agreed. I spent the entire weekend at the Palm Beach International Boat Show…attended yacht after parties and the best venues on Palm Beach island…didn’t see too many drugs amongst the affluent

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryKnight1 View Post
It’s probably best not to deal in black and white extremes, or to respond to them at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2024, 04:40 PM

490 posts, read 517,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Agreed. I spent the entire weekend at the Palm Beach International Boat Show…attended yacht after parties and the best venues on Palm Beach island…didn’t see too many drugs amongst the affluent
Are you still hung up on this? One problem of affluence is being out of touch with reality. Others are higher rates of depression and anxiety.

Old 03-26-2024, 08:14 AM

Well it was such a ridiculous comment that factored in zero personal responsibility so it had to be addressed. Also you forgot the most important attributes about affluence - The tendency to be resourceful, hard working, and having a “sixth gear” that most do not possess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmbizzle View Post
Are you still hung up on this? One problem of affluence is being out of touch with reality. Others are higher rates of depression and anxiety.

Old 03-26-2024, 10:12 AM

490 posts, read 517,577 times
Quote:
Well it was such a ridiculous comment that factored in zero personal responsibility so it had to be addressed. Also you forgot the most important attributes about affluence - The tendency to be resourceful, hard working, and having a “sixth gear” that most do not possess.
Ahhh, I must have been absent when they taught about those traits being genetically passed down. 6th gear chromosome, huh.

Old 03-27-2024, 12:44 AM

835 posts, read 475,295 times
Quote:
Is the logic here that because the problems aren’t in your line of sight, they don’t exist?

Everyone has problems they have to deal with, regardless of how much money they have. I was raised in a rich household, the problems are no “better or worse” than anyone else’s problems.

Money may mitigate, or even solve, many problems, but it doesn’t do everything.

Old 03-29-2024, 07:55 AM

Chromosomes? What the heck are you talking about? A very “triggered” response that reeks of jealousy and perhaps telling of one’s own shortcomings. I imagine it must be frustrating to have three degrees and only be what I’m guessing is a slightly above average earner, but sheesh.

If that’s what you got out of my previous response, I get the feeling you were indeed absent from many things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmbizzle View Post
Ahhh, I must have been absent when they taught about those traits being genetically passed down. 6th gear chromosome, huh.

Last edited by silverct9a; 03-29-2024 at 08:11 AM..

Old 03-29-2024, 07:57 AM

So given a choice it appears you’d choose modesty over wealth all things considered?

Quote:
Is the logic here that because the problems aren’t in your line of sight, they don’t exist?

Everyone has problems they have to deal with, regardless of how much money they have. I was raised in a rich household, the problems are no “better or worse” than anyone else’s problems.

Money may mitigate, or even solve, many problems, but it doesn’t do everything.

Old 03-30-2024, 11:21 AM

27,188 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjm-1995 View Post
In the Daytona/NSB column, if you're willing to go inland a little, I grew up in Orange City and went to school in Deltona. If you want an easygoing suburban lifestyle with Spanish-speaking neighbors, Deltona will do it for you. Most of my friends growing up were Puerto Rican. This also gets you about 30-40 minutes closer to the theme parks, if you're into that.
Recommending Deltona over Miami to a Californian as a Spanish-speaking alternative is like offering up culture shock to the highest degree. About equal to someone telling you since you grew up in Orange City FL that Orange County CA would be ideal for you.

Old 04-01-2024, 07:54 PM

835 posts, read 475,295 times
Quote:
So given a choice it appears you’d choose modesty over wealth all things considered?
Yes, I would.

Old 04-02-2024, 07:50 AM

Are you currently living a modest lifestyle? Have you obtained an advanced education and high paying career? If so why if it’s modesty you seek?

Not sure if you’re just virtue signaling, but if you’re not, have you considered a mennonite or even a more hardcore amish lifestyle? I’ve met many amish - That would be the epitome of modesty.

Quote:
Yes, I would.

Last edited by silverct9a; 04-02-2024 at 08:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida