Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2023, 04:57 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,232,807 times

Advertisements

Florida residents: "Wow, my electric bills are SO high!"

California residents: "Hold my beer while I open this month's bill!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2023, 05:03 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
I didn't have a $500 bill.

Perhaps those so "stunned" by their electric bill ( including the chronic complainers bio****ing about their higher summer bills) ought to look at their usage.

Old 08-04-2023, 05:22 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
Why didn't you just add on to your existing thread about your electric bill instead of starting a new thread?

Old 08-04-2023, 05:45 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...is that because of your new car...the vette?
Don't see how. All of my Vettes were cheaper than the Stangs and other fast cars i had. I gotta figure how to shop for something else. It never went up much when i got it in 2017 and then started going way up the last 2 years. I had esurance years back that started out cheap and then they really jacked it up, I think all comps do that crap chap.

Old 08-04-2023, 06:40 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
So Tampa residents are not Floridians? Let me fix that for you. They are. And there's nothing wrong with my headline.
Floridians are not exclusively Tampa residents, and you know that. You just have to twist everything around to make things sound worse than they are. My electric bill this month was $20 higher than this same time last year. Yes I live in Florida. No I dont live in Tampa. The population of Florida is 22 million. The population of Tampa is 400,000. So no, a Tampa resident can not speak for Floridians.

Old 08-04-2023, 06:50 PM

17,202 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
The fun in "paradise" never ends!

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...e-higher-bills

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...r-verthp-feeds

So TECO recommends setting your thermostat at 78. In Tampa, if I set my thermostat at 78, the AC never kicks on (I have a lot of insulation and the shade from a giant oak tree covering my house; yet my bill is still $300+). Which means if my AC nevers cools or turns on, my house turns into a moldy sweat box. In other words, might as well just turn the AC off.

So the solution to avoid $400 electric bills in Florida is to go without AC? Take heed future-looking-to-move-here Floridians!!!!!! Hope you enjoy sweat and mold!

Thanks TECO!
So your AC never turns on, yet your usage is through the roof, as you showed us in your other thread… So what is sucking up THAT MUCH juice then? Again, as many have told you before, those usage numbers are not normal at all for a home your size, especially if you have the place at 78, and even more so if (as you say) it never cools or turns on.

Old 08-04-2023, 07:03 PM

4,480 posts, read 3,849,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
So your AC never turns on, yet your usage is through the roof, as you showed us in your other thread… So what is sucking up THAT MUCH juice then? Again, as many have told you before, those usage numbers are not normal at all for a home your size, especially if you have the place at 78, and even more so if (as you say) it never cools or turns on.
The bills I posted were NOT MY BILLS. They were my tenants bills.

I do not keep my thermostat at 78.

Old 08-04-2023, 08:07 PM

1,869 posts, read 843,254 times
im up around pensacola and mine runs $105

Old 08-05-2023, 10:49 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
So Tampa residents are not Floridians? Let me fix that for you. They are. And there's nothing wrong with my headline.
In the Florida forum, topics should pertain to the entire state, not just 1 city. I agree with the others that your post belongs in the Tampa forum.

But, until a mod moves it...

...TECO's playing Robin Hood by overcharging those who are paying their bills, & using the cash to pay for those who are not paying their bills.

How is TECO verifying the financial ability of those who are not paying? What if those peeps are using their money to buy drugs, alcohol, cigs, cable tv, eating out, & lotto tickets?

Who made a utility company the judge of such things, & the enabled them to redistribute wealth? Are they overstepping their charter?

I'd be all over my Reps, & utility oversight commission at the State level, if I lived in Tampa.

Our power bills in Sarasota County are very affordable....no complaints...never exceeds $200 for a 3,000sq ft home w/ 2 occupants.

Old 08-05-2023, 11:34 AM

4,480 posts, read 3,849,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
In the Florida forum, topics should pertain to the entire state, not just 1 city. I agree with the others that your post belongs in the Tampa forum.

But, until a mod moves it...

...TECO's playing Robin Hood by overcharging those who are paying their bills, & using the cash to pay for those who are not paying their bills.

How is TECO verifying the financial ability of those who are not paying? What if those peeps are using their money to buy drugs, alcohol, cigs, cable tv, eating out, & lotto tickets?

Who made a utility company the judge of such things, & the enabled them to redistribute wealth? Are they overstepping their charter?

I'd be all over my Reps, & utility oversight commission at the State level, if I lived in Tampa.

Our power bills in Sarasota County are very affordable....no complaints...never exceeds $200 for a 3,000sq ft home w/ 2 occupants.
It is not accurate that only Tampa residents are seeing outrageous electric bills. Just like it’s not accurate that only Tampa residents are seeing outrageous auto and property insurance bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida