Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 03:49 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,280,712 times

Advertisements

My life has made Florida better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2022, 06:49 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,396,448 times
No, Florida has not made my life better.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:49 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,201,145 times
Absolutely!

We moved to FL in 2015.

My income has increased significantly. We built a house last year, bought a new vehicle, adopted two new puppies. I've made friends and have a lot of "fringe benefits" (we can have a garden year 'round, and go to Disney often).

Love it here!

Old 01-20-2022, 03:11 PM

21,915 posts, read 9,486,318 times
We moved here in July and we love it. Beautiful, friendly people, happy people, don't feel like my government is trying to soak me for every nickel they can get, lots to do, great restaurants, lots of options for outdoor activities, no more fighting cold, day after day of gloomy.

Old 01-21-2022, 07:37 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,687,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronDavidSchultz View Post
Not recently - too many invaders that think they know my home State and its people.

Definitely a negative development for quality of life issues - overcrowding of schools, neighborhoods, streets, increase in crime, inflation on all levels, bad attitudes, nasty people.
Then leave....

Old 01-21-2022, 08:03 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,249,505 times
It is a great place to call home for a few months when it is cold up north and you can't get out of the country to more interesting and fun locales (because of covid). It is the most inexpensive location compared to similar domestic beach options, can't beat the weather Jan-March, same time zone for work, english speaking, easy and cheap to fly home or other domestic hubs.
I recommend it for short spurts, within the few months where the weather is perfect. Long term, it would not work for me for a number of reasons. I would not raise a family here.

Old 01-23-2022, 05:01 AM

25,704 posts, read 12,779,845 times
Florida has made my life much better, but its not for financially stressed people at all. Stay away.

Florida wages are low, and housing costs are high.

If you are unhappy where you are, Florida might make you happier, but it might not. The place you live is just 1 aspect of life.

Florida is not trying to be everything to everybody. Much of Florida is set up to benefit affluent retirees. If you are not in that group, you may be trying to put a square peg into a round hole.

Old 01-23-2022, 08:07 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,396,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Florida has made my life much better, but its not for financially stressed people at all. Stay away.

If you are unhappy where you are, Florida might make you happier, but it might not. The place you live is just 1 aspect of life.

Florida is not trying to be everything to everybody. Much of Florida is set up to benefit affluent retirees. If you are not in that group, you may be trying to put a square peg into a round hole.
We've found Florida to be MUCH more affordable than when we were up north.

But circumstances have a lot to do with that as well.

We are retirees, we are -not- affluent, living on a very modest pension and only one of us is old enough for social security checks. Our monthly expenses are just around half what they were in the north, including what we had to put away for property taxes there.

Old 01-23-2022, 08:25 AM

22 posts, read 10,679 times
Yes, we've lived in Florida for over 10 years. It's a wonderful place to live. We found an area with affordable housing, low crime and an abundance of nature. Our property taxes are low. It's pretty here. And we love the warm weather.

Old 01-23-2022, 11:15 AM

1,094 posts, read 807,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

Florida is certainly isn't for everyone, with that said you don't have to be rich or a retiree to enjoy Florida, but you do need a stable income tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida