Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:04 AM

17 posts, read 68,301 times

Advertisements

It's soooo easy. Y'all prove my point so well.

Sure, anyone who's read my "Europe" thread can see that my intentions are to seek - no, demand! - southern hospitality from Europeans! Obviously I do not appreciate their unique culture and will insist they behave as I dictate, or I shall constantly gripe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 09:43 AM

17 posts, read 48,655 times
I get what you are saying, funy. I have mourned the loss of southern culture too. No, Florida cannot be considered a part of the south any more. It will be the same the adjustment process after any loss, you will find a new cultural identity and find how/where you fit in. I did!

Old 07-03-2008, 11:22 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
Funy....I love it!!! Too...well...funny!!!
So many people moved here and brought their ways will them. I spend most of my free time north of Orlando because you still find the small towns like Palatka, Crescent City and Madison that give you the southern hospitality warm fuzzies.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:34 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funy View Post
It's soooo easy. Y'all prove my point so well.

Sure, anyone who's read my "Europe" thread can see that my intentions are to seek - no, demand! - southern hospitality from Europeans! Obviously I do not appreciate their unique culture and will insist they behave as I dictate, or I shall constantly gripe!

LOL, love it! Tell us how it goes! Don't forget to hang the American Flag on your porch and from your rear view mirror

Old 07-03-2008, 01:42 PM

17 posts, read 48,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
LOL, love it! Tell us how it goes! Don't forget to hang the American Flag on your porch and from your rear view mirror
Hee hee, just keep the fire extinguisher handy!

Old 03-09-2009, 12:31 PM

22 posts, read 83,466 times
The black people in Florida are extremely Southern. Even in South Florida (besides the folks who moved from Jamaica,Haiti,etc.). People on this forum never consider that. Notice how many blacks in Florida have dreadlocks and gold teeth? This is only found in the Southeast

Old 03-10-2009, 10:41 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,766,181 times
While Florida is as far south as you can get, admittedly, I never though of it as very southern. But that is mostly because I frequent South Florida, which is occupied by people from so many other states. However, North Florida seems to be much more southern, I love it. I was born in NYC and spent most of my life here. I had the pleasure to live in MD when my parents divorced as a kid and while people in Alabama may not consider that a Southern state, I can assure you most of us in the NE do. I think any thing south of Newark is more southern like than northern, but that is another story.

The warmth I felt from people there was amazing in comparison to where I live now. I'm positive it has helped to be the person that I am today. I would never go as far to say all of the NE is rude and all of the South are just angels, but I will say when assessing someones rudeness, take into account the situation at hand and form your opinion accordingly. I could be the nicest person in the world to you and the meanest to someone else. That someone else would have had to have done something pretty bad though.

On that note I say I love southern hospitality - I wish it were a rule that people had to be nice, might make us a less miserable bunch.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:59 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,766,181 times
Huh? I'm trying to understand your statement about "this is only in the SE". I do agree with the other part though that a lot of the native black Floridians are very southern.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:14 PM

970 posts, read 2,951,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny View Post
Notice how many blacks in Florida have dreadlocks and gold teeth? This is only found in the Southeast

Old 03-10-2009, 12:18 PM

436 posts, read 1,089,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
While Florida is as far south as you can get, admittedly, I never though of it as very southern. But that is mostly because I frequent South Florida, which is occupied by people from so many other states. However, North Florida seems to be much more southern, I love it. I was born in NYC and spent most of my life here. I had the pleasure to live in MD when my parents divorced as a kid and while people in Alabama may not consider that a Southern state, I can assure you most of us in the NE do. I think any thing south of Newark is more southern like than northern, but that is another story.

The warmth I felt from people there was amazing in comparison to where I live now. I'm positive it has helped to be the person that I am today. I would never go as far to say all of the NE is rude and all of the South are just angels, but I will say when assessing someones rudeness, take into account the situation at hand and form your opinion accordingly. I could be the nicest person in the world to you and the meanest to someone else. That someone else would have had to have done something pretty bad though.

On that note I say I love southern hospitality - I wish it were a rule that people had to be nice, might make us a less miserable bunch.

If you love southern hospitality, like I do, than I'd look into places like Mobile, AL or Asheville NC, Greenville SC or Northern Georgia... places like that. I wouldnt look into venturing to S FL if you are longing for southern hospitality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida