Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 11:53 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethinktank View Post
I am not seeing accountability, just excuses. Yes, it's the topic's fault that you inserted your political opinion first and then told others it's the wrong place to do it.

Whoah, didn't realize I left my BS filter on. I turned it off, should be able to see the rest of your posts now.

Your interest to "educate" and "disprove" inherently eschews the nuance necessary for a gainful conversation. To "educate" and "disprove"-- you're already right and the other guy is already wrong. I'll just get in line with the thousands of others who are probably PMing you now for your Word of Truth.
To "educate" others about what "I" think and to disprove what "others" "think" I think or what they are "assuming" about me.

Rather than getting all nasty and insulting, you could simply DM me and I will tell you what I think. I already stated that the local people and local politicians should all get 100% coverage, 0 out of pocket expense medical coverage paid via taxes....IOW....from the government. Now....if you want to know from "which" government and from which tax payers and how far "I" think it should go....simply DM me and I will tell you. And again, it probably ain't what people here thinking.

But if you would rather just call names and insult.....have at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
People outside of FL don't care about this.

I hate to break it to you but the Tampa board and the FL board aren't just here to discuss the temperture and current dew points.

This is an issue that concerns FL. While it might be moved to the FL boards, it doesn't belong on the general political forum as it is about FL.
Fine. I stated the Florida board as one option.....so I'm glad you agree with me.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:09 PM

451 posts, read 933,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
To "educate" others about what "I" think and to disprove what "others" "think" I think or what they are "assuming" about me.

Rather than getting all nasty and insulting, you could simply DM me and I will tell you what I think. I already stated that the local people and local politicians should all get 100% coverage, 0 out of pocket expense medical coverage paid via taxes....IOW....from the government. Now....if you want to know from "which" government and from which tax payers and how far "I" think it should go....simply DM me and I will tell you. And again, it probably ain't what people here thinking.

But if you would rather just call names and insult.....have at it.
I haven't insulted you once, nor have I been nasty. If my tone is less-than-friendly, you own it-- I responded directly in kind to your sarcastic question about whether or not I read what I'm responding to. Some self-awareness would probably serve you well, given your discomfort from the ripples in the pond after the stones you yourself have cast.

This thread has basically turned into you arguing with everyone else. It's not a coincidence. It's not the crowd's fault, either, I'd wager.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
I haven't insulted you once, nor have I been nasty.
Uh humm.....

Quote:
Whoah, didn't realize I left my BS filter on. I turned it off, should be able to see the rest of your posts now.

Now that we have set the record straight.....I also was not the first one to introduce "politics". I did not call out republicans or democrats or mention Obama....as others did. If you look at my first post, I agreed with a portion of what was printed in the article the "OP" decided to post here. That is fair game. That's the point. Is it possible you are upset or calling me out, simply because you do not like my position on that? The area where "I" feel I should have drawn the line.....self criticism here (which more people should give a try).....is I should have left it at I agree with the decision in Florida to not take the money and not say the rest of the states should do the same. Then again, that is Florida and not Tampa Bay specifically.

So, now that is now all straightened out....how about we deal with the topics at hand....in the best fashion we can, given the state and political topic originally posted.

1) I agree with our local area of Florida not taking the money.

2) I feel the topic of our local politicians getting certain insurance coverage should not even be on the table, if a better system were in place.

3) The LOCAL republicans are in favor of them paying more (fair market value) than they currently do for insurance, so those here in this thread would seem to be in line with them. I am not, as I do not even feel it should be an issue on the table, as I feel it should be handled in another way.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:41 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
What?? the truth of the matter is -we dotake FEDERAL money, all the time, and have been for years,,, if NOT Fla still be all everglades, and the alligators be in every backyard.. MacDill would not be here and you still be hickville. yea give back all the federal grants and money see how long your house stands, how far could you drive on those roads this town specially tampa was built on Federal and there is aot of federal payroll here to boost the local economy.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:11 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
What?? the truth of the matter is -we dotake FEDERAL money, all the time, and have been for years,,, if NOT Fla still be all everglades, and the alligators be in every backyard.. MacDill would not be here and you still be hickville. yea give back all the federal grants and money see how long your house stands, how far could you drive on those roads this town specially tampa was built on Federal and there is aot of federal payroll here to boost the local economy.
Let me know when taking everglades funds expands an entitlement program where the government stops posting the whole share after a few years.

Medicaid was designed to help the disabled, kids, single parents etc. It will continue to do so in fl

Old 05-21-2013, 04:21 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,342,798 times
I love Florida itself. The people that run it, and most of the population, I can do without. Some of the stupidest, meanest, most uneducated people on earth. The governers here have been a real horror show, although the current one seems to have come to his senses (or realized that an election is coming up) and is acting like a human being again finally.

How people can deny other people health care is beyond me. Look, if uninsured low income people have to visit emergency rooms, the hospitals write off the bill. I know, my wife was in the ER recently. We cannot afford health insurance (it was offered at her job and the monthly premiums would have been more than she made!). The bill from the hospital was $4000 for one overnite stay, and they wrote it off, even after we offered to pay it on monthly payments. So who pays for this write off? People with insurance! They have higher premiums to allow for this. Jeez marie, this is not rocket science. It is more ethical AND cheaper to have health insurance for everyone. But for the FOX news, NASCAR watching folks here, all good church goers I'm sure, this may as well be rocket science. Like PT Barnum once said, "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people". He probably had Flori-Duh in mind.

Going to the ER is NOT the same as health care. By that point, many problems have gotten far too bad. Let's talk bluntly. The representatives of this cuckoo clock government here want to get reelected. Many of their voters are retirees who already have health insurance from the old jobs they retired from up North. Others have good jobs and can afford the ridiculous high premiums of health insurance. So the elected weasels vote in the manner that will get them reelected, which has no relation to what is best ethically and financially for people. The poor folks, even people like my wife who work, pay taxes, etc, and cannot afford health insurance, well....they can die or move. That's about what it comes down to. Move 'em out. It's like what a former mayor of Orlando once said. "I know that the homeless have their problems. Let them have them some place else". Whatever problems the homeless may or may not have, at least they aren't uncaring, uncompassionate, mean, ignorant people like him. I'd love to see him homeless and with no health insurance for a while, just to get a taste of what that's like.

Last edited by smarino; 05-21-2013 at 04:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida