Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 10:40 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You're incorrect. This is a FL issue and it is outrageous.
So it should be in the FLORIDA forum then, not the Tampa Bay forum. Just because the article was noticed in a local paper does not make it a local only issue. It is a state issue and should be there...IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 10:43 AM

451 posts, read 933,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I didn't say anything about anything, EXCEPT that I am glad to see they refused federal money ... Any deeper comments could be considered political
The refusal of federal money to a state is a policy topic-- about which you inserted your opinion. It's disingenuous and self-serving to be the first in a thread to insert a political opinion and then tell people it's not the right place to talk about politics.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
Are you blind? Of course it's political. It's straight in your face political bias from the republicans, who wants two sets of laws. One for themselves and one for the poor.

It's funny how people like you will sit here and say it's 'wrong forum' . It gives you a convenient way to avoid staring at the 800lb. gorilla in the room.
Well, if it is political then I was right....it should be in the political forum.

As far as the second part.....you and others seem to be jumping to conclusions. There were TWO main points in the article. ONE I commented on in which I was in favor of. I cannot go any further (already went too far, but as this is clearly a political thread....I don't see any way around it), as it clearly becomes a national issue.....given the similar state of affairs in DC and the country as a whole.

The SECOND point of the article is something in which I am in agreement with the consensus here, but here again....realizing it goes well beyond republicans, the Tampa Bay area and the state.....I cannot go any further as it is not as simple and isolated as some people (those with huge political ideologies and loyalties) would think.

Basically, in order to have a meaningful and fruitful discussion on the topics at hand....it would take us completely out of the local forum in which this article was improperly posted and would take us both nationally and into outright politics.

No thanks.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethinktank View Post
The refusal of federal money to a state is a policy topic-- about which you inserted your opinion. It's disingenuous and self-serving to be the first in a thread to insert a political opinion and then tell people it's not the right place to talk about politics.
Stop and think about this for a minute.

1) "I" did not post the article here in the Tampa Bay forum.

2) The article has just about nothing to do with the Tampa Bay area. As a matter of fact, if you read the article and supporting documentation and articles....you will see the Tampa Bay republicans are actually on the side of the consensus here....so it's hard to complain about them when they agree with you.

3) The article is both a state situation and a political situation directly in its own words and is national in the broader context. None of which fit into a local forum.

So, if someone else posts an article discussing "politics" and in the context of the "state", how exactly is one to respond locally? I simply stated I agree with one part of what the article the "OP" posted said.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:

2) The article has just about nothing to do with the Tampa Bay area. As a matter of fact, if you read the article and supporting documentation and articles....you will see the Tampa Bay republicans are actually on the side of the consensus here....so it's hard to complain about them when they agree with you.

3) The article is both a state situation and a political situation directly in its own words and is national in the broader context. None of which fit into a local forum.

So, if someone else posts an article discussing "politics" and in the context of the "state", how exactly is one to respond locally? I simply stated I agree with one part of what the article the "OP" posted said.
I'm impressed. That's a lot of words, even with an enumerated list, to completely dodge my criticism.

You were the first to insert your political opinion, then you told people this isn't the place to do that. Tell me more about how the rules should apply to everyone but you.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:18 AM

792 posts, read 2,292,206 times
Quote:
tell me more about how the rules should apply to everyone but you.

lololol

Old 05-18-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Exactly, aside from the fact that there isn;t one valid argument for not taking the money, other than political grand standing, given the choices they have the only good decision is to take the funds.
I completely disagree, but then again in a non politics local forum....it is impossible to explain and stay within the TOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
anything else is just trying to make a greater point about how they dislike big gov't or obamacare. You can say you are independent or you dont subscribe to any political ideology but every time he speaks it sounds like Mark Rubio impersonation.
Again, I completely disagree and given that this is a local non political forum....I cannot go into detail to educate you as to why. BUT I CAN give you the point of view in which I am coming from which in and of itself discredits what you said and what some others feel. I believe that all LOCAL TAMPA BAY people and politicians should be covered under the same umbrella, with the same options and it should be something that is covered 100% via TAXES. No out of pocket expense for all LOCAL TAMPA BAY people and politicians. 100% coverage. Now, for those who want to know "IF" I think that is any different than how it should be handled nationally or state wide, just DM and I will let you know......and it ain't what you think. It may shock you that someone can think outside the political lines.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I'm impressed. That's a lot of words, even with an enumerated list, to completely dodge my criticism.

You were the first to insert your political opinion, then you told people this isn't the place to do that. Tell me more about how the rules should apply to everyone but you.
Ummm....look at my previous post. I said "I" went too far as well......because it is nearly impossible to discuss a state wide political article without bringing up state or politics or both. Do you even read what is posted or do you have your mind made up before hand? Just curious.

PS read my post above....as I think I figured out a way to post in this thread, keep it local, provide my non political biased thinking and disprove political ideologues.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I said "I" went too far as well......because it is nearly impossible to discuss a state wide political article without bringing up state or politics or both.
I am not seeing accountability, just excuses. Yes, it's the topic's fault that you inserted your political opinion first and then told others it's the wrong place to do it.

Quote:
Do you even read what is posted or do you have your mind made up before hand? Just curious.
Whoah, didn't realize I left my BS filter on. I turned it off, should be able to see the rest of your posts now.

Quote:
PS read my post above....as I think I figured out a way to post in this thread, keep it local, provide my non political biased thinking and disprove political ideologues.
Your interest to "educate" and "disprove" inherently eschews the nuance necessary for a gainful conversation. To "educate" and "disprove"-- you're already right and the other guy is already wrong. I'll just get in line with the thousands of others who are probably PMing you now for your Word of Truth.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:48 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:

People outside of FL don't care about this.

I hate to break it to you but the Tampa board and the FL board aren't just here to discuss the temperture and current dew points.

This is an issue that concerns FL. While it might be moved to the FL boards, it doesn't belong on the general political forum as it is about FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida