Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 08:02 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
The problem is people divert the discussion to somewhere else.

The question is why a politician pay $30/month to cover his/her entire family using state money when a lot more people pay much more than that? This should outrage everybody!
Exactly, aside from the fact that there isn;t one valid argument for not taking the money, other than political grand standing, given the choices they have the only good decision is to take the funds, anything else is just trying to make a greater point about how they dislike big gov't or obamacare. You can say you are independent or you dont subscribe to any political ideology but every time he speaks it sounds like Mark Rubio impersonation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 08:03 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
No Worries, We all get health insurance in 2014. What a country, Its a fixed now
I doubt this will pass, or work for anyone because certain drs refuse to take existing plans, and are already boycoting it. People's health doesnt matter much to them.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:06 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
People have this conception that to have health insurance for all is "taking care of them for free" , yet if a man with 4 kids can't see a DR for lack of insurance just gets sicker, then one day he falls, and we take him to an ER and pay his hosptial bill, then Dr said he can't work as he let his illness go far too long, so we pay for his food, housing and a place to live to include all 4 kids, n wifey, now he can't pay his bills so he files Bankruptcy, which ultimately we all pay for,,, really folks??
Think you summarized our entire health care crisis in less than a paragraph.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:09 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
I sense a thread move to the politics forum, as it did not take long to cross the line clearly into politics.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:27 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times
Quote:

The question is why a politician pay $30/month to cover his/her entire family using state money when a lot more people pay much more than that? This should outrage everybody!
This does outrage me.....

Old 05-18-2013, 09:05 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
This is disgusting, but not surprising.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:36 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Quote:

I agree that this is precisely what should outrage everyone in Florida, and Tampa in particular because unlike Miami, doctors in Tampa are far worst price wise, and those Health Point clinics have everything monopolized. My OB in Miami would do her own lab stuff, here in Tampa they send everything to Quest, they don't even tell you and a month later you get a bill from Quest for an outrageous amount!!! Dentists are so overpriced that we'll probably end up loosing our teeth in a few years time, my daughter was quoted $350 for cleanings bc they added all sorts of crap she didnt need, she has no cavities either...my hubby can't even get a price quote without being sucked into paying loads for an exam that was advertised free in a postcard! (We go to Miami to get our teeth cleaned at a dr that still treats patients and have not yet found 1 dentist and one family dr in Tampa in the last 11 years here! We're keep going to Miami, that should not be the case). There is a lot of medical extorsion in Tampa, and all this insurance debacle doesn't help the normal hardworking people here. Most don't realize but Tampa has a lot of families, its not as retired as other areas of Florida.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:14 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I sense a thread move to the politics forum, as it did not take long to cross the line clearly into politics.
You're incorrect. This is a FL issue and it is outrageous.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:18 AM

792 posts, read 2,292,206 times
Yeah, the GOP slimeballs apparently love the idea of paying $8.34/month for family insurance for themselves, but reject the idea of taking federal money to help insure the poor. Which of course now falls back to the Florida taxpayers to pay for instead. It's a shame that people are so blinded by their political bias that they can't see these crooks for what they are.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:21 AM

792 posts, read 2,292,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Are you blind? Of course it's political. It's straight in your face political bias from the republicans, who wants two sets of laws. One for themselves and one for the poor.

It's funny how people like you will sit here and say it's 'wrong forum' . It gives you a convenient way to avoid staring at the 800lb. gorilla in the room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida