Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 06:49 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,212,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
When are we going to live up to our democratic principles and stop interfering in people's private lives and personal choices?

sorry geos but i want to point something out to you. in a democracy, the majority decide for the minority. in this case, if the majority of people feel that you do not have the right to smoke a joint, then so be it, you will not have that right.

perhaps if we took our constitution seriously, particularly the parts which limit govts powers, we wouldn't have to beg our overlords in tallahassee and dc to smoke a joint
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 07:32 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,245,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
sorry geos but i want to point something out to you. in a democracy, the majority decide for the minority. in this case, if the majority of people feel that you do not have the right to smoke a joint, then so be it, you will not have that right.

perhaps if we took our constitution seriously, particularly the parts which limit govts powers, we wouldn't have to beg our overlords in tallahassee and dc to smoke a joint
The majority used to think blacks should sit at the back of the bus. But of course you're right - in a democracy the majority have the power if not the right to oppress the minority. The only way to win is with propaganda - convince enough people to come over to your side. That's exactly the way the Reefer Madness pot demonizers won. They did it with lies and distortion; we can do it with facts and reality. Or maybe I'm just too naive.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:01 AM

56 posts, read 263,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
The majority used to think blacks should sit at the back of the bus. But of course you're right - in a democracy the majority have the power if not the right to oppress the minority. The only way to win is with propaganda - convince enough people to come over to your side. That's exactly the way the Reefer Madness pot demonizers won. They did it with lies and distortion; we can do it with facts and reality. Or maybe I'm just too naive.
If you want this to happen, make sure you call and write Dean Cannon. The bill will die if he doesn't put it before a committee.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:25 AM

199 posts, read 529,090 times
All sounds like a good arguement but I have had a few conversations with police and they tell me that they never have arrested a coke head, or meth addict that didn't start on weed first!

Old 03-14-2011, 06:58 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,135,745 times
We will see legalized pot in our lifetime. It will end up sweeping most, if not all of the nation. States need Tax revenue, here it is. Florida will not be the first state to legalize pot, but once states like California and Oregon do, you will begin to see other states approve it as well. Soon it will make its way across most of the states and it will be legal. Before you know it, you'll be able to buy your favorite strain of pot at any 7-11 across the nation. The Feds have already decriminalized it.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:49 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,212,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
We will see legalized pot in our lifetime. It will end up sweeping most, if not all of the nation. States need Tax revenue, here it is. Florida will not be the first state to legalize pot, but once states like California and Oregon do, you will begin to see other states approve it as well. Soon it will make its way across most of the states and it will be legal. Before you know it, you'll be able to buy your favorite strain of pot at any 7-11 across the nation. The Feds have already decriminalized it.

i worry that it will go the other way. whilst the freedom movement appears to be making progress here, you only need to look at the war on smoking, alcohol, transfats, salt, meat etc to see which direction the overwhelming trend for govt to interfere with your choices, is going. i sure hope you are right though

Old 03-17-2011, 04:02 PM

5,039 posts, read 7,244,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxville View Post
All sounds like a good arguement but I have had a few conversations with police and they tell me that they never have arrested a coke head, or meth addict that didn't start on weed first!
I can hear the conversation now-"So crackhead, did your spiral into drug addiction begin with reefer?" "Why yes it did, Officer Friendly. Why do you ask?" "Oh, just collecting a little scientific data. Now get in the cell, hippie."

Old 03-17-2011, 05:07 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,756,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
I can hear the conversation now-"So crackhead, did your spiral into drug addiction begin with reefer?" "Why yes it did, Officer Friendly. Why do you ask?" "Oh, just collecting a little scientific data. Now get in the cell, hippie."
It is not the weed that does it. It is the mind set of someone to try such things. Just look around and all you see are fat out of shape people half who could not even live without some kind of miracle drug they take. Humans are a very weak species who do things everyday that are not in their own best interest. I have never smoked, drank of done a drug of any kind. I have however, and I am at my age now somewhat ashamed that I made money off people weaknesses, owned a few bars and dozens of cigarette machines. The easiest way to make money is off peoples weakness, fears or greed. Tap into any one of them and money is easy.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:11 PM

56 posts, read 263,712 times
Quote:
I bet they also had the mind-altering substance caffeine, too.. Should we there fore make that illegal??

The gateway theory is so played out by now.. It comes from a study that found something like 98% of heroin users had used marijuana.. It also show something like 2% of marijuana users went on to use heroin..

When you think about it logically.. The gateway theory makes no sense..

Old 03-30-2011, 05:45 AM

13 posts, read 37,664 times
Quote:

If you ask a question the right way, you can get any result you want. heck, I bet 98% of people involved in a traffic accident, took a drivers test at one time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida