Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 05:49 AM

1 posts, read 8,725 times

Advertisements

I have been getting bit for over a week now, mostly on my ankles and the top of my foot. I finally saw a little bug on my bathroom mirror and have been seeing them for at least a day or so. The bug is really tiny, the body is red and it has black wings. My apartment windows are all near potting beds, is that possibly where they are coming from. What is this and how do I get rid of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 05:44 AM

1 posts, read 8,452 times
I've got infestation in my apartment...not sure of the source...might be the couch, which sucks because I can't get rid of it. All I know is I'm getting eaten! Tried bug bombing...it just made them mad, and the attacks were worse. I spray the furniture and areas constantly, but I'm almost certain they're in my clothes now as well. Short of burning everything I own, how do I get rid of them? Is there something I can eat or apply to my skin other than Deet to make myself less attractive? I've tried Skintastic... it doesn't work.

Last edited by purplevixen; 03-15-2010 at 06:11 AM..

Old 03-15-2010, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 8,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplevixen View Post
I've got infestation in my apartment...not sure of the source...might be the couch, which sucks because I can't get rid of it. All I know is I'm getting eaten! Tried bug bombing...it just made them mad, and the attacks were worse. I spray the furniture and areas constantly, but I'm almost certain they're in my clothes now as well. Short of burning everything I own, how do I get rid of them? Is there something I can eat or apply to my skin other than Deet to make myself less attractive? I've tried Skintastic... it doesn't work.
Not skintastic, use skinsosoft original scent

Old 04-14-2010, 02:31 AM

1 posts, read 8,350 times
got bitten by these noseeums in florida this week been like 2 days and the itches are killing me it is unreal, they bit on both my legs from the knees down and bit everywhere, these things are unreal

Old 04-20-2010, 06:10 AM

1 posts, read 8,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorbust View Post
this may sound strange, but it works.
Get a small bowl or even a coffee mug. Pour about a 1/4 cup of Dawn, Palmolive or whatever type dish soap. Then pour about a 1/2 or a bit more of Cider vinager. Place it in your home where you have the most no-see'ms. It really works.
The 1/2 of cider vinegar...is that 1/2 cup or what? Thanks.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:14 PM

21 posts, read 49,902 times
hot sauce! put a plate out of hot sauce if ur eating..it will keep he bugs away...learned it in the service industry...

Old 04-20-2010, 03:19 PM

21 posts, read 49,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplevixen View Post
omg..lol...i had to laugh when u said ..burn everything u own..
growing up i ate lots of green beans..im talking a can a day..just sit there and eat them out of the can ..cold..now..my folks say..i never got mosquito bites...and i was outside all the time..however they always got bitten up..they sware its the green beans..but then again..they say thats why im tall too..cause of the green beans..sooo..i dont know..thought i throw that out to u..also..i dont eat much green beans any more..purely out of laziness..and i now get mosquito bites..so i plan on eating more..

Old 06-16-2011, 07:06 AM

1 posts, read 7,487 times
Here in Marysville the No-See-ums iI have encounted have been when Im doing gardening and walking at dusk. They were never a bother until they took out the deet from necesary impesticides, so far this year I am litterally sick from them and with my anxiety problems they only seem to thrive on me more comffortably, when I have my medicine clonazapam) it seems to be the only thing that helps...K.J.in Marysville Wash

Old 07-30-2011, 07:19 AM

1 posts, read 7,349 times
I just moved from Northwest Montana (where there are practically no bugs) to central Vermont. I am being eaten alive here! And I can't see what is biting me! They must be the no-see-ums! My life is so miserable that I regret buying this house and moving here. What a disappointment! I will be out somewhere all day and not have a problem even though outside. My house while I am gone is closed up. After returning home within about 45 minutes I am being eaten by something. I tried closing all screens at night thinking they must have entered through the tiny holes of the screens. Now I must keep my house all sealed up even in the day. I feel like I am suffocating, itching to death and being eaten alive! I don't know where to start. I cannot afford to turn around and move back to Montana! Please help--someone! I am desperate! My husband is not bitten by these "invisible monsters" ! judyssmile

Old 08-14-2011, 10:25 PM

1 posts, read 7,296 times
Help me, this little creatures are killing me. I went away for about 2 weeks and when I came back I noticed these gnats or no-see-ums flying around. They weren't here when I left. I have no rotten food or fruit. I thought they might be coming in from the drains so I started putting ammonia down them. Then I bought the rubber covers and put them over them but still have them. I put out the vinegar and killed a lot of them but still have hundreds more. I even put off 3 pest bombs and when I came back I thought they were gone but that evening I noticed they were still flying around. Anyone have any suggestions. I have welps all over my body where they are biting me. I opened up one of my dresser drawers tonight and they flew out. HELP, HELP This has been going on for over a month and I just can't take anymore. Can the exterminator do anything that can help?

Last edited by SHIRLEY65; 08-14-2011 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: left something off
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida