Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2023, 12:32 AM

209 posts, read 160,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
My lovely wife is 49, and constantly gets mistaken for early 30s. She's often times asked what her secret is. She proudly states, "Noxzema!".

I looked at the pic before reading your comment and said to self, self he's got a cute daughter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2023, 05:28 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,329,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Country! View Post
I looked at the pic before reading your comment and said to self, self he's got a cute daughter
People look at us strange sometimes! She just turned 50 last month, and people really do not believe it.

Old 08-18-2023, 07:26 AM

4,606 posts, read 3,298,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
People look at us strange sometimes! She just turned 50 last month, and people really do not believe it.
Maybe you should start using it yourself!

Old 08-18-2023, 08:23 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,329,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Maybe you should start using it yourself!
Probably not!

Old 09-07-2023, 02:19 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,147 times
I've used it for over 50 years (I'm 63), and started at 12 or so when I first discovered a few black heads. I wanted to try another over the counter treatment, but my favorite aunt gave me a jar of Noxzema to wash with instead. I never had breakout issues as a teen (other than a once a month period zit) and I'm convinced it was because of the Noxzema. I still wash with it morning and night, and enjoy slathering it on my face and neck as a masque during a bubble bath soak.

My daughters, on the other hand, had frequent breakouts, and opted for the much more expensive Proactive products. I couldn't talk them into using Noxzema. Youngest said she "hated the smell".

Old 09-21-2023, 09:31 AM

16,338 posts, read 8,162,213 times
I recall using Noxzema in middle school. I think the model got a lot of attention to the product:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Gayheart

I often hear stories of older women now who have nice skin and they used things like ponds, vaseline, baby oil, noxzema, etc every night and now have beautiful skin. None of those products alone seem to taut any real reason as to why someone would have young looking skin in their 60's and 70's...so I kind of question whether those products have much to do with anything. Maybe those woman had good genes, stayed out of the sun, didn't drink or smoke, etc. Everyone has different skin, everyone will age differently. It seems now it's hot to have a 7 step skin care routine, stay out of the sun, use sunscreen, vitamin C. It seems like sunscreen and staying out of the sun is the key to having good skin.

Old 09-22-2023, 07:30 AM

4,606 posts, read 3,298,018 times
Yep, all those Victorian ladies who never went out in the sun without their parasols had pretty predictably lovely skin.

Old 09-22-2023, 10:12 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times
I haven't thought about Noxema in years. We all used it back in high school.

Different products work for different people according to the characteristics of their skin. I looked up Noxema and it contains salicytic acid. It says that's good for excess oil and clogged pores. Good for acne, really deep cleans the skin. I never realized that now there are a few different kinds of Noxema.

I have dry skin so Noxema never did anything for me. Looks like most of these products contain some sort of oil that will moisturize and protect your skin from drying out though. The other products mentioned in this thread now have a few different varieties too! Never knew that.

Several of the products contain glycerin and one interesting thing about glycerine is that it pulls moisture from the air. That means it's a good oil for summer when the air can be humid. I've read that you should use a different oil in winter when the air is dry, one that will simply keep the moisture in your skin.

The worst skin I ever saw was on a woman in Florida many years ago. A friend pointed it out to me--he said that's an example of too much sun. So I think sunscreen is really important, plus whatever skin cream works for you, and of course, good genes.

Old 09-22-2023, 11:17 AM

16,338 posts, read 8,162,213 times
everyone's skin is different. Noxema might have worked great for someone and awful for someone else

Old Today, 12:56 PM

19,704 posts, read 20,232,643 times
I picked up a jar of Noxzema about a week ago and I am loving it!! This will definitely become a staple item for me.

Hadn't used it in years, I used to use 'Clean & Clear' Deep Action Cream Cleanser - which was similar, it had that same eucalyptus tingle, but I bought some recently and turns out they changed up their whole formula. Now it's fruity and feels weird, which I do not like at all, so I decided to switch to Noxzema instead, and wow! I'm hooked. It gave me that deep clean I was after, which I can both see and feel.

Last edited by D217; Today at 01:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty