Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2023, 06:43 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,472,539 times

Advertisements

All these fancy cream cannot penetrate your skin cells ,so it just stay on the surface .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2023, 06:59 AM

7,034 posts, read 4,816,256 times
I love the smell of Ponds too, but find it heavy as a facial moisturizer. I like Olay for that. It smells nice too. I use coconut oil to remove makeup.

How are you all using the noxemzema? As a cleanser or a moisturizer or both?

Old 06-14-2023, 08:04 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,329,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
I love the smell of Ponds too, but find it heavy as a facial moisturizer. I like Olay for that. It smells nice too. I use coconut oil to remove makeup.

How are you all using the noxemzema? As a cleanser or a moisturizer or both?
My wife uses it to remove her makeup before she goes to bed.

Old 06-14-2023, 08:26 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,600,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Noxzema shaving cream was the first product I worked with in the product development lab at Noxell. We were developing other fragrance products in the same line such as Lime and Wild Forest. All of the cans had to be individually pressurized (I hated that part) and then put into three different ovens to test how the fragrances would react to heat and the can linings over time. Some of them really stank, but Noxzema always held up well. We were allowed to take home any lab samples that were left over from testing, so my Dad had a closet full of shaving cream - enough to last for the rest of his life. I was really glad when I moved on to creams and lotions!
Bungalove, your posts in this thread have been so fascinating! What an interesting career you have had! I really appreciate you for sharing your experiences.

Old 06-14-2023, 08:43 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Memories!

As a kid in 1970's you couldn't get away from Noxzema! Mothers, aunts, older sisters, girl cousins, your babysitter, nearly every female on earth it seemed used the stuff and that tell tale scent was everywhere. Those dark blue glass jars of all sizes were in bathrooms everywhere.

As such yes, if you went to the beach or pool someone had a jar of Noxzema which your mom or some other well meaning woman or girl slathered you down with to treat sunburn.

Guys weren't left out; Noxzema had shaving cream as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGS3...h=1&theme=dark

I don't know when they introduced their shaving cream but my Dad told me when he was overseas during WW II they used to shave using Noxzema skin cream by itself.

Old 06-14-2023, 08:58 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,329,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't know when they introduced their shaving cream but my Dad told me when he was overseas during WW II they used to shave using Noxzema skin cream by itself.
Makes sense, it's a great skin lubricant which is 90% of what shaving cream does anyway. I use hand soap in a pinch all the time.

Old 06-14-2023, 09:31 AM

43,646 posts, read 44,368,561 times
My mom used Noxzema for years. I haven't seen this product recently although I assume it is still being sold.

Old 06-14-2023, 09:55 AM

11,001 posts, read 6,865,758 times
I was looking online about this, it seems they've changed the original formula.

Old 06-14-2023, 11:20 AM

14 posts, read 6,478 times
I tried it again this summer and realized my skin could not take it - the eucalyptus oil in it made my skin soooo red and aggravated.

Old 06-14-2023, 03:43 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,306,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbird View Post
My grandmothers, mom, aunts, and cousins all use Noxzema with beautiful results. They always believed that "Noxzema draws up the impurities in your skin and then keeps your skin beautiful once it's detoxed." It irritated and caused breakouts for me, so I'd always discontinue use (I didn't have that kind of patience lol)

My skin loves Cetaphil cleansing lotion. It has never given me any problems.

As for Noxzema, I always have a small sample size handy. It reminds me of happiness
My skin didn't like Noxzema either. My mom always used Ponds but by face didn't like that either. I use Neutrogena for sensitive skin or Clarins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty