Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2023, 06:13 AM

3,023 posts, read 2,235,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I haven't used it in years, but this thread makes me want to go out and buy some.
Me, too!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2023, 08:31 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
I have used Nozema since I first started actively washing my face daily, around the time I first started wearing makeup at about 13 or 14. My first jar was passed to me by my Grandmother, who also used it. That was back when it still came in a glass jar.

I am in my 60's and still use it to this day. My skin has always been combination oily/dry and very sensitive. Anytime I have ever tried any other cleanser, even expensive ones, my skin has been irritated in some way, so I have always come back to my Nozema. It must have the proper PH balance for my skin.

Several years ago I switched over to the newer formula with added moisturizers, but if I can't find it, the original works just fine. I have always used it as a face wash, not as a moisturizer. My skin is oily enough that I don't tend to need moisturizer. It gets off makeup like nothing else can, and has never left my skin feeling dry, taut, or itchy. I enjoy the cooling effect it has, and have always found that relaxing.

I can't say that I look like I'm 30 at 60, but I can say that I have very few wrinkles at this stage, than many other women my age. Is it the Nozema faithfully used for 5 decades? Or is it good genetics and the fact that I have never liked to bake in the sun? Probably both, and the fact that I quit smoking while still young and before it took it's toll on my skin.

Old 06-13-2023, 08:39 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Noxzema is a unique beauty product, IMO. I worked with it from the product development lab through manufacturing when I worked at Noxell Corporation while it was still owned by the founding Bunting family. The formula for the essential oils in the product was very tightly held, and the manufacturing facility was spotless since Noxzema fell under FDA pharmaceutical regulations. The cream, once it goes into the jars, has to be refrigerated for a very specific amount of time so the essential oils can develop the crystalline structure that gives Noxzema its signature "crunch" sensation. It also smells a lot better than the Lestoil cleaner I also worked with.

Thanks for posting this, glad I read this thread! I've often wondered about that 'feel' that's unique to Noxzema that I used to describe as changing viscosity as you ran your fingers through it.

Old 06-13-2023, 09:12 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Noxzema is a unique beauty product, IMO. I worked with it from the product development lab through manufacturing when I worked at Noxell Corporation while it was still owned by the founding Bunting family. The formula for the essential oils in the product was very tightly held, and the manufacturing facility was spotless since Noxzema fell under FDA pharmaceutical regulations. The cream, once it goes into the jars, has to be refrigerated for a very specific amount of time so the essential oils can develop the crystalline structure that gives Noxzema its signature "crunch" sensation. It also smells a lot better than the Lestoil cleaner I also worked with.
This is interesting to know about a product I have used for so long. This also explains why none of the "knock-off" store brands that I have tried to substitute on occasion, based on their cheaper price, have had the same consistency of the genuine product. Though they are similar in scent, they are not of the same qualiy. Now I know why.

Old 06-13-2023, 11:13 AM

13,258 posts, read 364,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I haven't used it in years, but this thread makes me want to go out and buy some.
I just did, got lured in lol. I know it will smell good….

Old 06-13-2023, 01:25 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,326,350 times
My lovely wife is 49, and constantly gets mistaken for early 30s. She's often times asked what her secret is. She proudly states, "Noxzema!".

Old 06-13-2023, 02:00 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
My skin is oily so I've never used lots of it (except for childhood sunburns ) but usually have a jar on hand. It's great for soothing minor skin irritations and I love the scent. Everywhere I've lived it's still a grocery store, OTC pharmacy isle staple. Another standby in our oily-skinned family was the original Sea Breeze astringent. Another pleasant scent. On a hot summer day it made you feel cooler almost instantly. Yeah, yeah, I know. That was the alcohol evaporating !

Last edited by Parnassia; 06-13-2023 at 02:12 PM..

Old 06-13-2023, 03:57 PM

6,968 posts, read 4,809,652 times
Funny, I was just thinking about Noxzema the other day and wondering if it was still around. I remember the scent clearly too.

Sweet picture, Robert! You both look so happy, and she looks like a teenager!

Old 06-13-2023, 04:06 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,474 times
I know this thread is about Noxzema.....but, I've been using good old Pond's cold cream for dry skin. $6 or so at Walgreen's.

I used to use Clinque lotion but as I got older, I found I need something more emollient.

Old 06-13-2023, 06:54 PM

13,258 posts, read 364,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
I know this thread is about Noxzema.....but, I've been using good old Pond's cold cream for dry skin. $6 or so at Walgreen's.

I used to use Clinque lotion but as I got older, I found I need something more emollient.
Pond’s smells wonderful too.
The past few years Curel has worked well for me, everywhere, also I enjoy its light scent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty