Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2023, 10:36 AM

1,462 posts, read 662,310 times

Advertisements

So people work with me here. Let me get this straight.

Are Tzaphkiel and Otterhere saying they don't like leggings? Am I reading their posts right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2023, 10:40 AM

88,648 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
LL Bean has wide-leg sweat pants. They're kind of spendy, but I've always gotten good quality clothes there. https://www.llbean.com/llb/search/?f...t+pants&init=1
Thank you for this! I just ordered a pair to see how they are. A bit hesitant that the medium-tall is only a 32-inch inseam. I would prefer 34. But I will give them a shot and see how they fall.

Old 01-03-2023, 01:06 PM

43,189 posts, read 18,353,761 times
I gave up on women's pants quite some time ago as they kept getting bigger in the waist/hips while I wasn't.
I get boys sweatpants...XL (size 14/16) and they fit perfectly
I also buy Wranglers/Lees Men's jeans...28W/32L and they fit

I just don't have the hips for women's clothes anymore.

And since I've seen this thread I'm more observant when I'm out and yeah...about 90% of the women I see are wearing leggings.

Old 01-03-2023, 01:31 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,693,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Fortunately the jogger look is coming back in style. Not baggy like traditional sweatpants, but not form fitting. The leg tapers to a cuff at the bottom.
When I read this thread, I honestly thought that maybe it was a revived old thread and not a new thread. Yes, leggings are popular, but most “pants” styles are decidedly looser now than they were more recently. I get a lot of my clothes from Uniqlo and they have a lot of good basics- I have the stretch joggers that are a lot lighter weight than sweats, and a few of their flare type. I am wearing the joggers now. I do wear leggings out because I tend to shop after I go to the gym, but they aren’t something I wear for fashion purposes.

Old 01-03-2023, 02:50 PM

2,873 posts, read 1,153,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I'm sure w/ a little exercise/walking & maybe dieting, you'll be more in shape.
Ouch!
I could exercise daily and squat until I fall down; alas, my butt will still be flat.
My legs are thin, and I steer clear of leggings; they make me look like a barrel on toothpicks.
Solution? Joggers/knit drawstring pants from Land's End, or jeans that don't make me look like I'm three cigar boxes and an axe handle wide. Eddie Bauer jeans or ANA from JCP do the trick, but there's no fooling Mother Nature, and I adapt to what's available, feels relatively comfortable, and has the highest cotton ratio available.
I miss my Levis 100% cotton jeans, but that concept has gone the way of the dinosaur.
First world problems, really, in the big scheme of things.

Old 01-03-2023, 03:04 PM

21,958 posts, read 13,019,895 times
Okay, "joggers" is another new term. What makes a pair of pants "joggers"?

Old 01-03-2023, 03:35 PM

8,302 posts, read 3,821,773 times
With slim and tight fit clothing having gone out of styles a couple years ago, I suppose people are choosing to finally part with them after having sat in the closet being unused for so long. As a result, I suspect you will find plenty of it in these types of shops.

Old 01-03-2023, 03:37 PM

21,958 posts, read 13,019,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
With slim and tight fit clothing having gone out of styles a couple years ago, I suppose people are choosing to finally part with them after having sat in the closet being unused for so long. As a result, I suspect you will find plenty of it in these types of shops.
I don't think leggings have gone out of style. Unfortunately.

Old 01-03-2023, 04:07 PM

12,788 posts, read 15,017,507 times
Anyone like the drop-crotch pants aka harem pants? I know they may not be the most flattering, but they're the most comfortabl pants ever. I have a nice pair of black drop crotch pants by the brand Eileen Fisher, but the fabric's too thin for year-round. They have to be the right drop crotch types for me, not just any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Ouch!
I could exercise daily and squat until I fall down; alas, my butt will still be flat.
My legs are thin, and I steer clear of leggings; they make me look like a barrel on toothpicks.
Solution? Joggers/knit drawstring pants from Land's End, or jeans that don't make me look like I'm three cigar boxes and an axe handle wide. Eddie Bauer jeans or ANA from JCP do the trick, but there's no fooling Mother Nature, and I adapt to what's available, feels relatively comfortable, and has the highest cotton ratio available.
I miss my Levis 100% cotton jeans, but that concept has gone the way of the dinosaur.
First world problems, really, in the big scheme of things.

Right, well that was a compliment to otterhere back when I said it. And at least you'll be firmer & not flat & loose (nicer word than saggy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Okay, "joggers" is another new term. What makes a pair of pants "joggers"?

I assume pants that have the (usually stretchy) cuff at the hem. I like them if they're a stretchy material. Joggers is another of the 3 pant styles I mentioned in my past post that I wear these days.

Here's some pics, but they can be fancier too. A retailer can carry joggers that are sequinned & you can dress them up OR if they have a tuxedo stripe down the pant leg, that dresses them up.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lady...h=937&biw=1920

Last edited by Forever Blue; 01-03-2023 at 04:27 PM..

Old 01-03-2023, 06:21 PM

3,071 posts, read 2,411,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Thank you for this! I just ordered a pair to see how they are. A bit hesitant that the medium-tall is only a 32-inch inseam. I would prefer 34. But I will give them a shot and see how they fall.
Ha! I always have to hem mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty