Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2011, 09:22 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,326,840 times

Advertisements

Maternity leggings/pants - Which do you prefer, underbelly or overbelly (i.e. secret belly, or full panel)?

Which one will get you through 3rd trimester? Is there a difference?

Oops --- I meant to do this under Fashion... can mods move this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 09:24 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,381,039 times
It really depends on you, I wore most of my pants under belly just because I hated the fact that most of the stuff was just huge on me, instead of wearing maternity underware i bought mens briefs,instead of buying jeans I extended mine with ruberbands stupid but I just hated anything over my belly except my shirts.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:41 PM

860 posts, read 2,722,312 times
They did not move it to fashion & beauty?
It really is a personal choice. I had 4 bumps and style changed, overalls and mini print dresses to the underband pants now popular. I wore it all. I was just happy if I looked some what cute.

I liked the feel of over the belly when I was big because the baby just felt secure and tucked in. But they do feel rather dowdy so you may hate them. Towards the very end I was so giganto that they did not fit the belly, so underbelly/even the dreaded jumper were welcome. Also you can wear many underbelly jeans right after baby and they look pretty normal with a long top. The over belly pants you will never want to see/wear again.

Mens Levis are good for the first few months of showing.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:03 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,961,357 times
I was an 'over the belly'. I tried just buying bigger underwear/pants, but the maternity clothes were more comfortable.

My SIL was an 'under the belly'.

Women who do not have belly fat look cute when the bump comes out a little under their top, but if you have ANY extra belly weight, this is a gross look - pregnant or not.

That said, just do what makes YOU comfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care