Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:07 AM

3 posts, read 15,612 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me how large a single lot is? Is it the size of a volleyball or smaller? Is it a square or a rectangle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 09:14 AM

19 posts, read 63,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cool View Post
Can anyone tell me how large a single lot is? Is it the size of a volleyball or smaller? Is it a square or a rectangle?
Approximately 6,000 square ft. per lot. I would imagine it would be rectangular. My uneducated quess would be 60 x 100.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:07 AM

19 posts, read 63,257 times
I have 3 lots in Sunland estates. I received a phone call from a place in Florida and they said that someone offered $7,900 for each lot. I'm thinking this is BS. They next day I called and asked for a name of someone who had sold a lot(s) in Sunland. He said that he would fax me a name. I bet I never hear from them again.

If I don't hear from them in the next few days, I will tell them that I will sell the 3 lots for $30,000 (non-negotiable) and then see what they say.

for even taking the time since I believe this to be a scam.

date of this post is 6/5/2010

Old 11-07-2010, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 5,759 times
I bought 2 lots in Sunland Estates (El Paso County), Unit 13 over 49 years ago and 1 lot in Hudspeth County, TX at $99 each. I have been billed religiously each year for taxes of about $3 per year for each lot. The current assessed value for the tax year 2009 is $250 each. I visited the area about 30 years ago and it is all desert land with and abundance of tumble weeds. There is no road or street access as the map I was sent led me to believe there was. Everything is pure wishful thinking on the part of the promoters. Don't fall for the trap of some telemarketer telling you that they have sold similiar land for $1500 per lot. Of course they wanted $350 up front to market my lots. I offered to sell them my 3 lots for $700 (for all 3). I was told they only market land and do not buy. Two years ago, I contacted someone I know living in El Paso and requeste they try and locate my properties for me since I was planning a visit and wanted to make the best of my planned visit. They went to the County Court House with the deed information I provided them and was given a may with the general location of the property with coordinates (for that one needs to be a surveyor). They spent 5 hours in the area trying to make sense of the information they were provided to locate my lots to no avail. They later informed me any visit by me to locate the property would be in vain. So, I would avise anyone contemplating a visit to Sunland Estates to locate their lot(s) to think twice. Also beware of markerters and those offering to visit your land, do and assessment and send you photos for a cost of $350 like I did and got photos of nothing but desert and tumble weeds with an assessment of $200 per lot (no roads, utilities, etc.).

Old 02-01-2011, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,617 times
I was recently contacted by someone offering me a very generous amount for my 2 lots in Sunland Estates. Something is in the works in that area. Does anyone have any current information?

Old 02-24-2011, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 5,538 times
My folks rec'd a call yesterday. They have had 6 lots forever! We kids were always told that it would be decades and decades before anything MIGHT be build there. The caller offered $9000 per lot and wanted almost $800 as an upfront fee to sell them in 90 days. We suspect that IF they are NOT sold in 90 days, we forfeit the fee. We have no info either so I'm posting this in hopes that other readers can explain the current interest. Thank you. Call me "Suspicious."

Old 02-24-2011, 05:42 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,159,885 times
It's just simply amazing how gullible people can be, generation after generation. Must be genetic!

NO REPUTABLE REALTOR is going to ask for an up-front fee for selling properties for which there is a LEGITIMATE buyer!

Requesting hundreds of dollars to advertise virtually worthless property is nothing less than a SCAM!

Old 02-25-2011, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 5,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckMamma View Post
I was recently contacted by someone offering me a very generous amount for my 2 lots in Sunland Estates. Something is in the works in that area. Does anyone have any current information?
Redneck Mamma,
My mother got the same phone call the other day, have you found out anything
more??

Mike C of Niles

Old 10-27-2011, 01:42 AM

1 posts, read 5,208 times
We received a call this week offering to buy our 5 lots in Sunland Estates, El Paso for $3,000 each (the 5 lots have a total appraised value of $7.00). He is willing to give us $17,249.00 for the 5 lots - not sure where he went to school. Not sure how we will get this money as we are still stringing him along but I'm SURE he will send me the money shortly (I will not send him any money nor give him credit card or checking account numbers).

If anyone is interested, you can check the appraised value of your property here:

[url=http://www.epcad.org/clientdb/?cid=1]El Paso CAD - Property Search[/url]

I hope no one will pay any fee for someone to sell your property. Realtors list your property for free and you receive your money when the property has sold. Normally, you will not receive a call out of the blue from someone offering to buy your property so BEWARE of these type of calls.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:39 PM

3 posts, read 7,122 times
every bit of land outside el paso? lol. how about cornudas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso