Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 10:06 AM

639 posts, read 1,043,100 times

Advertisements

6 FOOT 3, I like how you display your alma matter pride with that nice colorful picture of Eagle Stadium, if that is what they call it?
I dont have any pictures of YSLETA'S Hutchins Stadium with me, just great memories of beating Bel Air the four years I was there, a rivalship that was out of this world.

Those indoor glass elevators were really cool you remember Silver Mines arcade?
I always thought it was strange how they wedge that mall between Grant City and Wool Co shopping center, no one hardly knew it was there you would drive right past it if you wer'nt looking for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 11:19 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH!Lonesome View Post
6 FOOT 3, I like how you display your alma matter pride with that nice colorful picture of Eagle Stadium, if that is what they call it?
I dont have any pictures of YSLETA'S Hutchins Stadium with me, just great memories of beating Bel Air the four years I was there, a rivalship that was out of this world.

Those indoor glass elevators were really cool you remember Silver Mines arcade?
I always thought it was strange how they wedge that mall between Grant City and Wool Co shopping center, no one hardly knew it was there you would drive right past it if you wer'nt looking for it.
I remember those Bel Air vs Ysleta matchups in the 70's.

Just like Andress vs Coronado and Burges back then. I think it was 77 and 78 football seasons as both years in a row Andress and Coronado and Burges all tied 6-1 so we all had to flip a coin and our principle Harry Brown said he had a ''lucky coin'' and lo and behold we won the coin flip both years in a row to play Bel Air in the Sun Bowl as only the first place team went to the playoffs back in the 70's.

I don't remember the arcade or although i'm sure we went there inbetween movies but i just don't remember the name.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh here's your football stadium.

TexasBob.com - Hutchins Stadium - El Paso, Texas

Old 01-27-2008, 11:27 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,605,699 times
6-3 cool web page ,theres alot of stadiums that dont have a picture posted hopefully some people will have some to send in

Old 01-27-2008, 02:07 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,950,515 times
I was looking at schools in other areas.. Like Seattle as an example. Each school here has cool stadiums, well most of them any ways.. but in Seattle they don't. I will try to go around and get some pictures of other stadiums for you all.. We have some cool ones in El Paso.. also some new designs that use earth instead oh huge concrete structures to make stadiums.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:10 PM

639 posts, read 1,043,100 times
Thanks 6 FOOT 3,Hutchins stadium has two sides to it so I'm sure it seats alot more than 6,000 in one Bel Air Ysleta showdown 1975 there were over 12,000 fans as they added tempoary bleaches on the North endzone, people back then took their HS football serious.
I was in the Navy during those seasons you mentioned 77 and 78 and Ysleta's winning streak against Bel Air ended in the SnowBowl Hutchins Staduim in November 1976.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,993 times
In Juarez, we went to Curly's and the Cave.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:52 PM

879 posts, read 3,036,762 times
http://www.texasbob.com/football/images/tbhs_ep_troopers.jpg (broken link)
Go Troopers!!!

I used to party at the Derby, Vertigos, the Sub, and so many others. I started going when I was 15 or 16... LOL! A lot of us here started young. I pretty much went to as many bars as I could when I was 18-20..then I moved to California after that..but growing up in that time period..I had a blast.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:38 AM

303 posts, read 980,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

The best part though was when we were going to find some of our group who were checking out other bars and were about to cross the street when a car came flying toward the bridge and right behind it police --- shooting at it. I'll bet the Colorado guy is still talking about it.
That brings back a bad memory. When I was stationed in Ft. Bliss, I was in Juarez with my best friend (now my brother-in law) and "la Policia" chased after us. I was lucky to elude them and make it to the EL Paso border.I know I did not return for years. To this day, I do not know what I did wrong, other than run from them. I didn't want to stick around to find out. I was 19 at the time.

Last edited by Victor 13; 02-24-2008 at 12:50 AM..

Old 08-21-2008, 12:13 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,216,762 times
Its a shame that now with all the violence in Juarez now, kids arent going to have the "jtown experience", it was like a right of passage once u reached high school!

Old 08-21-2008, 10:22 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor 13 View Post
That brings back a bad memory. When I was stationed in Ft. Bliss, I was in Juarez with my best friend (now my brother-in law) and "la Policia" chased after us. I was lucky to elude them and make it to the EL Paso border.I know I did not return for years. To this day, I do not know what I did wrong, other than run from them. I didn't want to stick around to find out. I was 19 at the time.

Maybe you were the ones we saw -- if so, you almost ran our group down, good thing we stopped in time from stepping into the street. It was "interesting", because the police were going full speed and shooting at the escaping car which did make it over the border -- no lines at that time of the morning. I've always wondered what provoked that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso