Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:34 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times

Advertisements

My dog used to eat the droppings from canada geese..and the white geese at the duck pond....she got quite sick and required an antibiotic regimen....I forget what the vet called the illness.....I had to stop taking her to the duck pond in the park...I couldnt break the behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,101 times
My dog. Puking up her poop
Why is that
What should. I do about it
I don't want her died on me

Old 06-03-2015, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,877 times
Love all the comments i also have a dog that likes to eat feces. I have him inside he has his own bedroom he is potty trained at seven months when i catch him going to his room i now follow him and pull all newspaper and trash the feces right away getting pretty good at my added job. Love my smokey would never give up on him.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:33 PM

2 posts, read 5,633 times
my maltese ate poop threw up and then started with diarrhea. After a day of this I gave him a 1/4 tab of imodium in a piece of cheese now he is throwing up, like 5-6x times now. What should I do?

Old 06-24-2015, 12:39 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,756,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucs47 View Post
my maltese ate poop threw up and then started with diarrhea. After a day of this I gave him a 1/4 tab of imodium in a piece of cheese now he is throwing up, like 5-6x times now. What should I do?
He probably needs to go to the vet. He's a little dog and it's easy for them to get dehydrated. Since this has been going on for a couple of days it's time to take him in. He may need a shot to settle his stomach and then some antibiotics to get over it.

Old 06-24-2015, 02:40 PM

2 posts, read 5,633 times
It seems to have stopped ...nothing for a couple hours of it continues i will take him first thing in the morning

Old 06-24-2015, 02:46 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,756,882 times
Glad it's stopped. Hope he's on the mend. I'd feed him something really bland tonight like boiled chicken and rice and then not a huge portion so as not to tax his stomach too much.

Old 10-21-2016, 03:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,444 times
Default dont worry

its nonsense everyone accusing you of not picking up the dog poop....its easy to miss on that much land...when i drop something i have half a second to get it before my dog gets it lol. Im seeing this because mine just made a mess from both ends in my kitchen and i know he loves the special "snacks" im glad your baby is ok though. send my love to the furry fella

Old 10-21-2016, 05:37 AM

136 posts, read 98,012 times
[quote=elston;26548858]My dog used to eat the droppings from canada geese..and the white geese at the duck pond....she got quite sick and required an antibiotic regimen....I forget what the vet called the illness.....I had to stop taking her to the duck pond in the park...I couldnt break the behavior.[/QUOTE

Did the vet call it giardia?

My dog also is a poop eater, has been since day 1. ( she just turned a year old) she also came in contact with giardia, started having diarrhea all the time. I treated her for the giardia, but it didn't work. Poop eating and giardia don't go together! She would keep reinfecting herself. I have tried everything, pumpkin, pineapple, forbid! None worked. On leash, leave it works, but I can't keep her on leash 24/7. She's a big girl, 98 lb gsd. I would pick up the poop all the time. She likes to play in the yard and when she is in the yard is when I can get anything done in the house, cleaning etc. I did my best to time it when she would poop so I can get to it before she does, but that doesn't always work. Like I said it's pure diarrhea all the time and it's getting difficult to clean it up. Also it's not good to be having diarrhea like that. I have to make her stop! I tried the ecollar! It's working! It took just 2 Stims and she now walks away. I am still working with her on it, it time consuming, but in th e long run better for her health. I am now treating her again for the giardia and this time I should get better results since it's been 2 weeks w/o eating poop. Her poop is also little by little getting back to normal!

Old 10-21-2016, 07:29 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Welcome to city-data TennesseeCutie87,I hope you like it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty
unfortunately, eating poop (be it dog, cat, goose, whatever-is-there) is NOT an uncommon occurrence for our canine friends.......
I remember years ago my dog ate a big one! (YUK) -- I tried to stop her... She didnt throw up or anything....

HOW CAN THEY STAND THE TASTE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs