Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about the APBT
All 'pitbull' type dogs should be banned/euthanized. 19 21.84%
Each dog should be judged by their own behavior, not by breed. It's bad owners that make bad dogs. 65 74.71%
I'm not sure, but would like to learn more. 2 2.30%
None of the above, I will explain in my post. 1 1.15%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:42 AM

5 posts, read 13,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebeingme View Post
How are they good solid statistics? What PERSONAL experiences/knowledge/experise do you have about the breed?

I have taken no "undercover" aliases, I have posted your ridiculousness on another site of intelligent people who might be able to explain things a bit better than me. There is no deception, or need for a tsk.

You may be done with the dog debate, but you have NOT proven your point. If anything, you have shown just how succeptable you are to random "findings" and have ultimately proven your ignorance/stupidity.

Have fun living in your bubble, too bad for you there is state wide Florida statute which outlaws Breed Specific Legislation. A whole pack of "pit bulls" could move within a mile of you and there woulnd't be a damn thing you could do about it. In fact, maybe after I rent in Palm Coast, I'll make sure to buy as close to you as possible....just to make you uncomfortable.

Actually, I kid. I would prefer not to be anywhere near someone as closed-minded as you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovebeingme/112681257/ (broken link)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovebeingme/159097075/ (broken link)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovebeingme/166863687/ (broken link)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovebeingme/185228778/ (broken link)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovebeingme/230056430/ (broken link)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovebeingme/262724451/ (broken link)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovebeingme/318259461/ (broken link)

One of me, just for craps and laughs..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovebeingme/242846042/ (broken link)

If someone knows how ro post the actual pics, I'd be forever in your debt.

you cant sway redwing Moderator cut: insult There is a point its that you said you could bring lots of resources saying pits are horrible dogs....you cannot do it... i asked you to do it knowing its impossible. Ask vets or people that know dogs and they will tell you its the owners. You can bring dumb statistics all you want. All that will prove is that more dumb PEOPLE/OWNERS own pits and thats why they bite......but this post is prob too long and you wont read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimms3 View Post
you sure beat me to it about the whole going undercover thing here. Coincidence about some of these new pit loving people here? By the way I had nightmares about a rotweilkjsrh however you spell it dog ripping my face off last night and nobody would believe me that it ripped my face off. Does that even make sense? Well I am bracing for another nightmarish night, but this time the nightmare is probably going to includ the face of the dog in the last dog picture , and now i am offically done wasting my time on this thread, hope you find a good house and what you are looking for far away from DUUUUVVAAAALL, and welcome to Florida, a state where people DO realize the danger behind pits.

PS, not that i am actually going to continue on wasting my time arguing, but comparing banning pit bulls to soap? Uhh, it just does not work, sorry. Soap is accidental deaths, pit bulls are viciously rip of your head and eat your body death. same goes with comparing this to slippers?, balloons?, and what was it a bucket? huh? Your arguments are so catchy feely and emotional, but are not fact based, then when the facts are presented by a couple or more studies, both are magically wrong and flawed, and the people that performed those studies changed their minds all of a sudden from pit bulls are highly dangerous and you would be insane to have one to o my god, i love pit bulls and so should you. That doesnt make sense.

Lastly, why the hell would people choose pit bulls as their little victims? When pits first started being pets and started eating people, did these people start off immediately choosing pit bulls to be the "abuse" pet. I mean, come on now, that is the most idiotic and victimish thing I have EVER heard. People buy labs, golden retrievers, beagles, muts, the like to love and adore (for the most part, obviously there are bad owners out there), and then most people who buy pits buy them to abuse them? Why would people choose pits out of the hundreds of species of dogs to abuse. And who said they were the toughest dogs on earth, I would reserve that for Alaskan huskies or some dog that actually does a lot of work in a harsh environment. The pits tend to live in environments where they can have plenty of people to choose from, and they certainly do when they see a tasty one! So lets rise above the awww, I think I am going to go against the grain of reasonablity and majority thought and rebel by buying or adopting pit bulls. Seems like you want to get a rise out of people and to argue your point. Well you have succeeded up to this point with me, but no longer am i staying up til 11:30 to continue to see how far you will push the envelope on this one. Bye bye
hahahahahah Moderator cut: insult The world is going to hell in a handbasket.
Pits are the tougest dogs. They were bread to fight OTHER DOGS. THeir gameness is unmatched in other dogs. This is the real reason they CAN BE DANGEROUS. Oh and while they were trained to fight OTHER DOGS, they were trained to be nice to people/thier handlers. It wouldnt make sense to have a fighting dog that will bite you when you handle it. You spew nonsense. Since fighting was banned, pits were used as working dogs on farms and are a very versitile breed. WHile a husky can perform a task and a beagle can perform a task, a pit can perform both. Not to the productivity but they can perform a multitude of tasks, which makes them the ultimate working dog.
THey are terrible guard dogs, only thugs think otherwise, because they NATURALLY LOVE PEOPLE. look up pits in an encyclopedia or look up pits on a SCIENTIFC website, it will tell you they are loyal PEOPLE LOVING DOGS. tHey dont look for tasty people like you say, that is just moronic.
bottom line you wont like pits no matter what, but you cant do anything about it. Sure a city here or there will ban them, it doesnt work, people will continue to own one of the best dog breed there is to own. Eventually there will be laws requiring a license to own the dog, which i am in favor of, to keep idiots from owning the breed. Then Moderator cut: insult peopl like you will have to find new things to complain about and make out to be big bad scary and dangerous.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:00 PM

43 posts, read 147,987 times
http://www.pbrc.net/misc/foolcontest/contest.html (broken link)

http://www.click2houston.com/news/11436816/detail.html (broken link)

Maybe we should ban Golden Retrievers??? That's 2 attacks I've heard of in the just the last 2 weeks. Can you imagine the outcry from pet owners if someone tried that?

Those same people should be coming to bat for the "pit bull"....your dog could be next.

Bad dog? Bad owner?

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=2800367&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1 (broken link)

Look at the scum that own these dogs!

Old 03-29-2007, 07:05 PM

43 posts, read 147,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimms3 View Post
you sure beat me to it about the whole going undercover thing here. Coincidence about some of these new pit loving people here?
I seems to be I have more patience in the evening to address these posts.

Let me break it down.

As explained before, in my frustration I posted some of the responses on this website on another, where there are some very knowledgeable people about the breed. There are no "undercover" doings, just other people standing up.

Quote:
By the way I had nightmares about a rotweilkjsrh however you spell it dog ripping my face off last night and nobody would believe me that it ripped my face off. Does that even make sense?
No, it does not make sense. It's Rottweiler by the way, you know, the dog that was demonized by the media in the 80's.

Moderator cut: removed

Quote:
and welcome to Florida, a state where people DO realize the danger behind pits.
Actually you're quite wrong, Florida has state law prohibiting legislation based on breed of dog, so Florida is a state that does NOT think "pit bulls" are dangerous.....it's just you.

Quote:
PS, not that i am actually going to continue on wasting my time arguing, but comparing banning pit bulls to soap? Uhh, it just does not work, sorry. Soap is accidental deaths, pit bulls are viciously rip of your head and eat your body death. same goes with comparing this to slippers?, balloons?, and what was it a bucket? huh? Your arguments are so catchy feely and emotional, but are not fact based
The point of comparing the two is risk. you are more likley to be killed by slipping on a bar of soap, or injesting a balloon, or being struck by lightning than being killed by a "pit bull" [/quote]

Quote:
, then when the facts are presented by a couple or more studies
Anyone can claim their research/findings as a "study" there is no rule, or merit, or fact behind one person's "findings" there are too many variables.

Quote:
, both are magically wrong and flawed,
They are not MAGICALLY wrong and flawed, they were that way since the beginning, there are too many variables to achieve certainty.

Quote:
and the people that performed those studies changed their minds all of a sudden from pit bulls are highly dangerous and you would be insane to have one to o my god, i love pit bulls and so should you. That doesnt make sense.
The only "study" I was referring to was the findings of the CDC. They have publically said that their findings are flawed, and should not be used to determine a certain breed dangerous. They in fact stopped recording the breed because it is so flawed.

Quote:
Lastly, why the hell would people choose pit bulls as their little victims?
Yes, damn those people who want to help animals in need, how dare they.....CARE! Insanity!

Quote:
When pits first started being pets and started eating people, did these people start off immediately choosing pit bulls to be the "abuse" pet.
What? What do you mean when "pits" started being pets? They were always pets (with a job back in the day). They were not the most abused dogs 100 years ago. In fact, they were beloved family pets, war heroes, TV stars, they were America's dog! it's just recently, in the last 25 some years that the unsavory have acquired them. The American Pit Bull Terrier is a LOYAL companion that would do anything for it's owner....ANYTHING. The underbelly of society saw this quality, and knew they could make the dog whatever they choose it to be, adn they chose some horrible things.

Quote:
People buy labs, golden retrievers, beagles, muts, the like to love and adore (for the most part, obviously there are bad owners out there), and then most people who buy pits buy them to abuse them? Why would people choose pits out of the hundreds of species of dogs to abuse.
They do not CHOOSE them to abuse. They choose them because they are the dog of choice in this day and age. These young thugs think they are tough dogs, and they think, somehow, it makes them tougher to have a "pit bull" by his side.

Quote:
And who said they were the toughest dogs on earth, I would reserve that for Alaskan huskies or some dog that actually does a lot of work in a harsh environment.
You need to understand....these dogs were originally bred to be unbelievably loyal and subserviant to their people. They may not be the biggest, or the strongest dog, but they are most certainly the most determined.

Moderator cut: insults

I help the "pit bulls' because they NEED HELP.

Quote:
Seems like you want to get a rise out of people and to argue your point. Well you have succeeded up to this point with me, but no longer am i staying up til 11:30 to continue to see how far you will push the envelope on this one.
I am not trying to get a rise out of people, I am trying to show them the truth.

I am not "pushing an envelope" I am speaking the mind of the majority

Old 03-29-2007, 10:10 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,451,343 times
The Pet Forum is not a place to carry on your arguments. It is a forum for pet lovers to share their pictures and their stories. Please post accordingly.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:11 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times
I have owned two pits, gret dogs, loved my kids never hurt a fly. it is how people raise them.

I have had 6 stitches put in my leg because a poodle attacked me for no reason. And my son had a bad bite and had to get the rabies vaccine series because some little rat looking dog bit his hand. So no, it isnt just the pits or rotties, those are just the one the media loves to play on.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:13 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,011 times
lovebeingme ... no matter how hard you try someone will always be against pitbulls and the other breeds that are receiving all the negative attention. It's sad but true, it is the fault of the owners who do not know how to handle these wonderful animals and the jerks who breed them for all the wrong reasons.
I've handled many different dog breeds both working and within my own home and none of them are alike. It all boils down to the handling, training and respect that each one of them receives.
Good luck with your own dogs and hopefully you'll manage to show (even if it is only a few) people how good a companion they can be through love and training.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:24 PM

389 posts, read 3,539,316 times
I think I may actually be a little dumber having skimmed over this thread, and I am actually a little ashamed of myself for not being able to resist posting

Any breed of dog can be trained to be a terror, just as any breed can be trained to be a very obedient loving dog. I have a friend with two pitts that are both certified therapy dogs and are great with people of all ages as well as all other pets (she has multiple cats, a guniea pig, and her boyfriend has two other dogs that all get along great). I have two golden retrievers, and if I was some sort of sicko who wanted attack dogs, rest assured, I could have turned these loving teddy bear dogs into your worst nightmare. In my opinion, it is complete ignorance that makes people believe that every pitt or rotty is going to be a viscious killer. I would almost be willing to put money on the fact that if one of my dogs bit someone, and a pitt bit someone, my dogs would not be a story, and the pitt would headline the evening news.

I hate that people discriminate and stereotype specific dogs breeds...it really is the equivalent to being a racist in the animal world. Blame the upbringing of the dog (read as the owner who made the dog that way) not the dog itself.

Putting soap box away and ending here

Old 04-05-2007, 11:09 PM

18 posts, read 96,903 times
Default Pit Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebeingme View Post
I seems to be I have more patience in the evening to address these posts.

Let me break it down.

As explained before, in my frustration I posted some of the responses on this website on another, where there are some very knowledgeable people about the breed. There are no "undercover" doings, just other people standing up.

No, it does not make sense. It's Rottweiler by the way, you know, the dog that was demonized by the media in the 80's.
Moderator cut: removed

Actually you're quite wrong, Florida has state law prohibiting legislation based on breed of dog, so Florida is a state that does NOT think "pit bulls" are dangerous.....it's just you.

The point of comparing the two is risk. you are more likley to be killed by slipping on a bar of soap, or injesting a balloon, or being struck by lightning than being killed by a "pit bull"
My idiot daughter has two pit bulls, and I have made it clear to her , that if those dogs should maul or kill my grand children , I have a bullet with the dogs name on it . Pits are genictically predisposed to being violent , they can not be trusted. I worry everyday that I will get a frantic call from my daughter saying something has happened to one of my grandkids. The only reason she has pit bulls is because the guy she is dating had them when they met. If he had, had a beagle, she would of gotten those kinds of dogs . The best thing that could happen is for all pit bulls to be put down. I am aware that all dogs can bite , but most of the time , it's a pit bull that has done the damage.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:41 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,412,329 times
I got kind of confused there with your mix of posts, so im gonna presume youre the one with the 'idiot' daughter.

I dont like to get into name calling, but if anyone is going to be called an idiot in this thread, its not your daughter. Firstly you say you have a bullet with the dogs name, does that not make you as violent and unpredictable as the dog youre wanting to kill ? If you knocked on my door, i wouldnt let you in due to your poor temprement
Pit Bulls are not predisposed to being violent, waht a stupid thing to say. Let me get a visual for you.

When Pit Bulls were used for fighting, you had two people in the ring, and two dogs. The two dogs were trained to be agressive toward each other only. What good is a fighting dog that is agressive towards people eh? How is a master going to seperate the two dogs ? These dogs have HUGE devotion to their owners and people in general. Now, in 2007 the fighting has been bred out of the dog by reputable breeders. They are now a loyal family dog. Adoring their owners. What you and your rediculous ignorance dont even understand is that dogs you see with scumbags are 80% of the time not even pitbulls. They are pit types bred with other mixes to make them look tougher, not a true Amstaff, yes ill throw Amstaff at you so you can look it up.

Moderator cut: personal

Old 04-06-2007, 10:04 AM

607 posts, read 3,558,442 times
In my opinion people who own pitbulls are like people who have N R A stickers on there cars. It's just another way to tell others to leave you alone or else.

Pit bull owners know that they have an intimidating dog. They like that feeling of power.

Animals are not human. Some unbalanced humans are very unpredictable. Imagine an unbalanced animal with that kind of strength breaking out of their pen and running toward you while you are walking with your baby daughter in your own neighborhood.

Pitbulls are banned in Miami and some other cities around the word.
Pitbulls make it almost impossible to get homeowners insurance.

Stats don't lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs