Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:33 AM

490 posts, read 1,434,120 times

Advertisements

Name your dog's favorite treat(s)...(include brand name if applicable).

Is there a treat you would steer clear of...maybe did not digest well, made them sick, etc...(include brand name if applicable)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 08:39 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,553,903 times
I like getting beef hearts and boiling them [with the windows open]
They are a pain to cut into peices though.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:28 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
Every so often I'll toss my dog a raw sheep heart that is only partially thawed. He goes nuts.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:46 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Artie takes after me -- he likes his junk food. He loves Milkbone's Crunchy Original Dog Treats. Those are the ones that are "good for training" (or so it says on the bright red box) and look like little pigs in blankets (like hot dogs in buns/pastry).

I know it's junk but he loves them. And now that he's on a premium high-grade dog food, I don't feel bad giving in to the junk food craving.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:08 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times
Porkchop loves Zuke's mini naturals (perfect for training because of the tiny size) and Wellness Pure (venison and salmon formula). He also loves freeze dried salmon, though I'm not a huge fan because it smells horrible in here anytime I give that to him. We also bake him biscuits on a regular basis.

I would steer clear of Greenies and anything found at the supermarket(beggin strips, etc.) They have horrible ingredients and will cause some serious intestinal upset in most dogs.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:17 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Shadow has a variety of favorite treats. They include pig ears, bull stix, emu patties, Ocean Chews, and other healthy single ingredient things ordered from PetExtras.com - No Recalls on any of our pet products! and wheat free Peanut Bubba Bones and wheat free Cheesey Italians ordered from Home Other faves include a couple of things I make for her. I mix chunky peanutbutter and some honey, roll into a ball, and store in the fridge. I also melt 1/4 cup of peanutbutter in the microwave and mix with a tub of plain yogurt, pour into a muffin tin lined with paper baking cups, store in the freezer.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Porkchop loves Zuke's mini naturals (perfect for training because of the tiny size) and Wellness Pure (venison and salmon formula). He also loves freeze dried salmon, though I'm not a huge fan because it smells horrible in here anytime I give that to him. We also bake him biscuits on a regular basis.

I would steer clear of Greenies and anything found at the supermarket(beggin strips, etc.) They have horrible ingredients and will cause some serious intestinal upset in most dogs.
Where I can get Zuke's mini naturals? I have heard several good things about them?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:39 PM

What about Milk-Bone soft and chewy treats. They come in different flavors. I know they are a grocery store brand...anyone have an opinion on them?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josci View Post
Where I can get Zuke's mini naturals? I have heard several good things about them?
Here is a link to their site. You can use the locator to see if you have stores near you or order from online retailers.

Zuke's – Healthy, Natural Treats for Dogs & Treats for Cats

Old 02-20-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josci View Post
What about Milk-Bone soft and chewy treats. They come in different flavors. I know they are a grocery store brand...anyone have an opinion on them?
I personally would not feed this to my dog. I just looked up the ingredients on their site for the filet mignon flavor (they all have similar ingredients). It's all fillers, artificial colors, and way too many ingredients. Zuke's ane wellness use minimal ingredients. Here are the Milk bone soft chew ingredients, filet mignon flavor. Notice how filet mignon is not even the first ingredient:

INGREDIENTS

Beef, Chicken, Soy Grits, Sugar, Corn Starch, Filet Mignon, Salt, Rice Flour, Propylene Glycol, Natural Smoke Flavor, Guar Gum, Lactic Acid, Garlic Powder, Potassium Sorbate (used as a preservative), Sodium Nitrate (for color retention), Red 40, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Niacin Supplement, D-calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement), Minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate Monohydrate, Cupric Sulfate Pentahydrate, Calcium Iodate Monohydrate, Manganese Oxide, Sodium Selenite), Yellow 5, Blue 2, BHA (Used as a preservative)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs