Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2021, 04:05 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times

Advertisements

If I had to keep puppy Seeker quiet, no tugging, no shaking, the vet would have to give me enough tranquilizer to knock him out.

You've got a difficult project to keep Bosch quiet while his eye heals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2021, 04:27 PM

3,024 posts, read 2,241,251 times
I am late to the thread but am LOVING the updates on little Bosch's progress! He is sooooooo lucky to have landed with you all. And he is ridiculously photogenic to boot!!

While I'm not familiar with your previous experience, it's clear that you have a HUGE heart and that Bosch could not be in better hands. Thank you for taking us along on your journey, and much love and prayers in your direction.

Old 10-20-2021, 06:06 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,062,291 times
Default Vets are happy, parents are thrilled!

Large and in-charge!

Parker had two vet visits, the first at Auburn’s teaching hospital where the doctors are thrilled with his progress. His eye drops were reduced from 5 to 2 and he only has to suffer the cone for two more weeks.

The second was at his regular vet who was happy with his progress also. He’s still fighting the pneumonia but he’s winning. He increased his weight by 50% going from just over 4 lbs to just over 6 lbs….in a week!

We also stopped at Lowe’s where one of Parker’s friends learned of his passing. As it turns out, she lost her dog to cancer just a week ago. When she heard about Parker, the tears flowed. Bosch did his best to comfort her.

If you look carefully at his left eye, you can see a small spot at about 2 o’clock. That’s the flap from his surgery. It looks great!

MrsK7 took these pics. That’s me on the other side of the cashier. She got my good side.

Old 10-23-2021, 12:55 PM

Bosch continues to improve! He caught his first bird this morning. Well, it was really just a leaf but he was so excited!

Old 10-23-2021, 07:15 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,060,634 times
So stinking adorable. Nope, nothing else just ADORABLE!

Old 10-24-2021, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmama50 View Post
So stinking adorable. Nope, nothing else just ADORABLE!
Thank you. When we brought him home from the hospital, those pj’s were too large. Half the time, his back legs would slip out. That week, his weight increased by 50% and now, the pj’s look like a sweater. We’re so happy that he’s thriving! He eats so much that it’s astonishing.

Old 10-28-2021, 04:46 PM

Bosch had another vet appt on Wednesday. His weight was up another 2 lbs since his last appt, one week ago. He’s got a little puppy “Budda-belly” going. Lol The vet was happy with his progress as were we! He’s doubled his weight since coming home from the second hospital visit two weeks ago.

He’s a stubborn little guy and we love him so much. Bosch loves being out at out new house, exploring everything!

Old 10-28-2021, 07:09 PM

17,390 posts, read 16,532,427 times
Bosch makes the whole cone thing look like a cool fashion trend. I love how cute and confident he is!

Old 11-01-2021, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Bosch makes the whole cone thing look like a cool fashion trend. I love how cute and confident he is!
We’re at the point where Bosch not having it on will seem unusual. His gotcha day was Oct 6. He’s worn it since Oct 9! Even he has fully adapted to it.

I’m hoping they’ll release him from it at this Wed’s appt but, we won’t be disappointed if they don’t. That eye is looking good and we’d hate to risk a setback.

Old 11-01-2021, 10:22 AM

17,390 posts, read 16,532,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7baixo View Post
We’re at the point where Bosch not having it on will seem unusual. His gotcha day was Oct 6. He’s worn it since Oct 9! Even he has fully adapted to it.

I’m hoping they’ll release him from it at this Wed’s appt but, we won’t be disappointed if they don’t. That eye is looking good and we’d hate to risk a setback.
Puppies heal remarkably fast. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Bosch is good to go on Wednesday. But I totally understand erring on the side of caution. Probably your vet has already padded the recovery time a bit to make absolutely certain that eye is fine.

Regardless, Bosch is one handsome guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs