Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
I think it's better to ask your vet rather than people on the internet.
Wow I'm blown away by your comment after sitting in a vet's office for 6 hours my Big Boy pasted in my arms waiting for the vet to give him fluids I will tell you this I have one more dog at home and yes they both are up-to-date on all thier shots and he still does from parvo. I never knew to even think it was parvo he's got his shots he's ok.. yea right. So after much much YouTube web searches..
. I found this my Bolt his brother only two years old is just now showing signs of the virus he's not nearly as sick as he brother Big Boy. He just stop drinking today won't eat. I am not going down this road again... What have we got to lose by doing this. There is over 100 people on the web and YouTube that said thier dog survived the virus. Why not try it. Bolt has already had three doses he's not breathing hard he resting next to me and guess what he's not shaking like he was 3 hours ago. I'll follow up with you all later. The virus is mean and nasty and if your dog has the virus best clean your whole house with bleach water and do it good this will keep the spread of the virus to my other dogs. Only how I can think he got it my neighbor trapped a stray dog in a cage next to my front fence where my dogs run and play and with the rain the virus moved over to my yard . Good luck y'all 👊💪
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2020, 01:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,281 times
2 years ago the puppy I brought home for my kids caught parvo and at the time my husband was out of work so taking him to the get was out of the question we just didnt have the money for a vet. So I did research and on a diff site found this charcoal treatment. Along with that I found a bunch of diff herbs that I made seperate teas out of that would also help boost thier immune system in fighting this virus so in between doses of the charcoal I gave him the herbal teas and by day 2 it was as if the virus had never exsisted. Parvo can live on surfaces for months and in soil for 1 year but with the research i did in several forums it states Clorox kills the virus. From my experience treating parvo I got the actual herb chamomille to make the tea and just strained it and allowed it to cool before giving it to my puppy but it helps tremendously it keeps them calm/relaxed during the treatment

Old 08-28-2023, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 171 times
Most of the time when a vet treats parvo the dog dies. My puppy- 8 weeks old, was on the verge of death after I picked him up from the vet for “treatment”. Vet said call me in the morning if he’s no better. Seriously? Gee thanks. Found the post about activated charcoal. Gave it to my puppy every hour through the night- who couldn’t stop puking and was so weak he couldn’t stand up. Within 2 hours he was up walking around and drinking water. I alternated with raw organic cage free eggs in a syringe. The next morning he was playing and eating food. No puking and no diarrhea since the charcoal. I continued to give it to him every 2 hours the next day, then every 4 the next day then twice a day for 2 weeks. Don’t tell me it doesn’t work and parvo has to be treated by a vet. My puppy would be dead if I left the treatment to the vet. The parvo never came back and my puppy is very healthy.

Old 08-28-2023, 08:57 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,118,738 times
great post. Thanks for sharing the info and your experience

Old 08-28-2023, 09:10 PM

4,217 posts, read 4,885,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicahock View Post
Most of the time when a vet treats parvo the dog dies. My puppy- 8 weeks old, was on the verge of death after I picked him up from the vet for “treatment”. Vet said call me in the morning if he’s no better. Seriously? Gee thanks. Found the post about activated charcoal. Gave it to my puppy every hour through the night- who couldn’t stop puking and was so weak he couldn’t stand up. Within 2 hours he was up walking around and drinking water. I alternated with raw organic cage free eggs in a syringe. The next morning he was playing and eating food. No puking and no diarrhea since the charcoal. I continued to give it to him every 2 hours the next day, then every 4 the next day then twice a day for 2 weeks. Don’t tell me it doesn’t work and parvo has to be treated by a vet. My puppy would be dead if I left the treatment to the vet. The parvo never came back and my puppy is very healthy.
It doesn't work and parvo has to be treated by a vet.

You may as well burn incense to treat cancer.

Old 08-30-2023, 12:03 PM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
It doesn't work and parvo has to be treated by a vet.

You may as well burn incense to treat cancer.
So, you tried it and it didn't work, is that what you are saying?

There are testimonials all over the internet saying that it does work. What do you think people used before Big Pharma became a big player in healthcare of people and pets? There were also protocols for treating cancer, but it wasn't and isn't incense.

If you read some of the responses, you would find examples of it working, even when the vet gives up on the dog.

Old 09-01-2023, 07:28 PM

4,217 posts, read 4,885,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
So, you tried it and it didn't work, is that what you are saying?
No, what I'm saying is it doesn't work. Why would I let my dog die so I could prove it doesn't work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
There are testimonials all over the internet
Oh. That settles it then. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs