Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 05:52 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,021,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
Very sad what happened to this lady. I Am sure she did not think about the consequences of her actions, at that moment, and took lots of things for granted. No animal, no matter how domesticated it seems, should be trusted not to bite. It really makes me angry when I see a new mother . exposing a baby's face to a dog . Dogs get very jealous of new babies in a home, and lots of new parents are not aware of this.
My parents have a black lab, who is quite possibly the most mellow creature ever to walk this earth. I believe that he would never hurt a fly (though the fire hydrant at the corner gets a good "talking to" every day ). Even knowing this dog's temperament over the past 8 years, when someone asks if he bites, their stock answer is "he has teeth, doesn't he?".

Truth is we never know how our animals will react in any situation. Sure, we can guess from prior experience, but in dealing with people who we don't know (and our animals don't know), caution is still the word of the day.

I'm glad to know this dog was not "punished", and I do hope this newscaster (and her viewers) learned a lesson about how to deal with animals they don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 10:26 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,636,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Correct. He was never up for adoption. He was quarantined due to the lack of vaccination(s). He is headed home to his original owner.
Actually, the day after the incident, his vet gave proof of vaccination. In Colorado after a bite, dogs are held in quarantine for ten days no matter what. If I am not mistaken, it gives the current city/county time to search the rest of the state to make sure the dog does not have any other bite(s) in any other jurisdictions. If s/he is bite free, they are usually released back to their owner.

If they have had other bite issue(s) then then may be put down. It also depends on the severity of the bite and circumstances.

There was a HUGE out cry for Max here in the viewing area. Everyone knew that Mrs. Dyer was wrong for kneeling down and putting her face in Max's space when he clearly gave signal after signal he was nervous.

The station got as many calls for Max as they did for Mrs. Dyer.

She will be fine (good news, after another proceedure in a couple of weeks) and Max should have been released today to his owner. (yea for Max!)

Point is, this could have ALL been avoided if Mrs. Dyer had stayed in her seat.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:02 PM

982 posts, read 3,489,151 times
Agreed! I saw the video and that dog looked agitated BEFORE she ever went in to kiss him. People absolutely have to stop trying to force what they want on animals and pay attention to what the animal is telling you he does or doesn't want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Tell me this. Why would anyone try to kiss a unknown dog in the mouth? Better yet why would you kiss any dog in the mouth?

News Anchor Bitten by Dog Received 70 Stitches, Mouth Stitched Shut | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo! News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs