Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 06:12 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,631,104 times

Advertisements

DENVER -- A Denver television anchor is in fair condition after reconstructive surgery. Kyle Dyer was bitten in the face by a dog while doing a live broadcast about a dog rescued by a firefighter.

Dyer was doing a follow-up interview on the rescue of Max, an 85-pound Argentine mastiff that fell into a lake on Tuesday while chasing a coyote in Lakewood. Firefighter Tyler Sugaski, who put on a wetsuit and rescued the dog, was also being interviewed when the attack occurred.

TV Anchor Undergoes Surgery After Newscast Dog Bite - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 09:20 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,970,598 times
She put her face too close. That can be interpreted as aggressive behavior by dogs. I would never do that to a strange dog.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:28 PM

378 posts, read 705,361 times
Two things in this story made me immediately realize it wasn't a pit bull that bit the woman.

1) Pit bull wasn't in the title; and
2) It's Denver.

But totally unfortunate that happened. I agree Fontucky one should have common sense never to put your face close to any dog you don't know.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:31 PM

Pit Bull would have been in the title had the dog been a Boxer or a Yorkie.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:31 PM

3,751 posts, read 12,414,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchic View Post
Two things in this story made me immediately realize it wasn't a pit bull that bit the woman.

1) Pit bull wasn't in the title; and
2) It's Denver.

But totally unfortunate that happened. I agree Fontucky one should have common sense never to put your face close to any dog you don't know.
Especially a dog that is in a stressfull situation. I'm sorry that she was bitten but geez lady - get some common sense when it comes to interacting with animals!

Old 02-08-2012, 10:28 PM

Jeeze people, not all dogs are Nanners!

Old 02-09-2012, 02:48 AM

1,253 posts, read 3,635,954 times
First, I am so sorry for Kyle. She's on the morning show with 9 news. Second, the dog had zero shots, including rabies. He (Max) is being held for 10 days to make sure he is not rabid.

The dog had been running around the station before the interview and the bite. The owner is being cited for three things: 1) the dog not being leashed, 2) no rabies shots and 3) the bite

Kyle went in for surgery today and will be ok. Her concern is for the viewers that witnessed the attack. Well wishers can send cards and e-mails to the station.

It was a Dogo Argentine Mastiff...not a pit bull.

85 pounds is small for this breed. This is a hunting breed, used for large game. Including wild pigs, pumas, etc.,

I am not sure why Max was not leashed and why she put her face in his but it led it a very nasty bite / attack. I did not see the footage, personally but would like to see the dogs body language because I am sure there were clear signals everyone ignored.

Kyle is paying a pretty serious price...the dog will pay the ultimate price.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:19 AM

3 posts, read 3,972 times
Cause of something that chills

Old 02-09-2012, 05:40 AM

1,280 posts, read 6,981,744 times
I did watch the footage. Max's body language was initially friendly but he definitely showed signs of discomfort when Kyle leaned in so close to his face. It seemed to happen very quickly and I can see how someone who doesn't work with animals every day could miss it. I'll sometimes put my face too close to dogs at work who seem friendly. I think I would have caught the warning signs, but you never know. It's a good reminder to all of us dog lovers not to assume too much with dogs we don't know.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:22 AM

3,605 posts, read 9,065,257 times
I was watching yesterday when it happened. Max was on a leash but he was clearly uncomfortable, panting, licking his lips, I was thinking to myself that dog seems a little scared. Kyle even sensed he was uncomfortable and kept telling him he was ok, but still got too close and he nipped her lip. The prognosis for her this morning was that she had plastic surgery yesterday, is doing fine and should be back at work in about a month. Last night they said Max was being held in quarantine for 10 days but then will likely be returned to his owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs