Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 04:29 PM

862 posts, read 1,642,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks12 View Post
DO NOT waste your money on Petarmour! It does not work at all! I put it on my dogs 3 wks ago and my dogs both got diarrhea and vomiting from it and it did not work on the fleas. Just gave them a bath a they both still had fleas and flea eggs on them. I am returning the unused product tonight.
Quote:
Please DO NOT use this stuff, it does not work!!! I put it on my dogs 2 wks ago and both my dogs got diarrhea and vomiting from it and it did not work on the fleas. I just gave my dogs a bath and both still had live adult and baby fleas. I am returning the used product to the store tonight!

If you have an infestation of fleas before you use ANY topical treatment, one dose might not work. You said your pupdogs STILL have fleas, flea eggs, and baby fleas I'm taking that to mean they had a significatn number of fleas before you put the Pet Armour on them. So when you use something different - and I'm sorry your dogs got sick, mine hasn't after 10 days - you need to realize that topical medications sometimes take more than one dose to work. You also need to get the fleas out of your house by fogging, and/or washing all the bedding, vacuuming all floors be they carpet or hard, and bathing your pupdogs thoroughly with a flea shampoo before using the topical medication. & you might have to do it the next time you use the topical medication. [Check with your vet. Some topical medications can be used sooner than 4 weeks if there is a bad problem with fleas. The vet will just want to keep a closer eye on the pupdog so make sure you clear it with your vet.]

Old 08-09-2011, 04:58 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,155,603 times
Quote:
Please DO NOT use this stuff, it does not work!!! I put it on my dogs 2 wks ago and both my dogs got diarrhea and vomiting from it and it did not work on the fleas. I just gave my dogs a bath and both still had live adult and baby fleas. I am returning the used product to the store tonight!
Quote:
DO NOT waste your money on Petarmour! It does not work at all! I put it on my dogs 3 wks ago and my dogs both got diarrhea and vomiting from it and it did not work on the fleas. Just gave them a bath a they both still had fleas and flea eggs on them. I am returning the unused product tonight.
Which is it? Two different stories, here. Posted one after another, yet. Doesn't exactly make you appear very trustworthy or knowledgeable; just saying.

The active ingredient in Pet Armor is fipronil; which is the same ingredient as in Frontline, available by prescription only for years until very recently. The only complaint I've heard (and experienced myself a few years ago) is that it's become less effective since it's been so widely-used over the years. Of the two vets I go to: one says it only appears so because fipronil makes fleas highly agitated and mobile before dying, thus more visible. The other vet said he also thought it was becoming less effective and now recommends Sentinel or Advantage (also available OTC now.)

Old 08-14-2011, 08:05 PM

225 posts, read 519,711 times
The few people in this thread stating it does not work only have posts in this thread. Just a guess, but it sounds like Frontline is losing sales and trying to discredit their competitors.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:15 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,690,218 times
no I had always used frontline and it was real good. In Florida around 2 years ago the dog had fleas
Frontline is not cheap. I did a search and found comfortis and it works so I use it frontline spray
worked to kill the frontline packet that quit. Bugs are here and it is so hard to kill them in Florida.
The Vet I have does allow me to script Dr Foster and Smith for comfortis which helps.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:30 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,583,975 times
My BF started using this product on his big dogs, and there was no adverse reaction whatsoever, no fleas, and no ticks. It seems to be working as well as Frontline. I think there's a risk with all the medicated flea/tick stuff out there for an adverse reaction, (which is why I use natural methods on my own dogs, like DE, ACV, and essential oils), but so far so good with his dogs FWIW!

Old 08-15-2011, 11:24 AM

862 posts, read 1,642,732 times
1/2 a month in, and no adverse reactions. No fleas noticed, even while bathing him. Until I have problems with Pet Armor I'm going to continue using it. WITH my vet's approval.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:14 PM

3 posts, read 12,844 times
Default PetArmor Plus

Has anyone tried PetArmor Plus on their pets?

Old 08-15-2011, 12:21 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,676,227 times
Already discussed several times and one is still being discussed. Read this thread
https://www.city-data.com/forum/dogs/...pet-armor.html

Old 08-19-2011, 07:52 PM

1 posts, read 10,623 times
I also have used Frontline for years and have never had a problem. My springer now has fleas. I thought maybe one just got on her and so I applied the application a little early and it didnt even kill the ones on her. I am so upset. It was not worth saving the money for sure.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:45 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,155,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debi4c View Post
I also have used Frontline for years and have never had a problem. My springer now has fleas. I thought maybe one just got on her and so I applied the application a little early and it didnt even kill the ones on her. I am so upset. It was not worth saving the money for sure.
I believe fleas may build resistance; and there's nothing wrong with switching topical flea meds (not the crappy Hartz-type ones though.)

Several years ago Frontline from my vet didn't seem effective so I switched, but I've used Pet Armor (generic Frontline) this summer and it is effective. Also if you have a bad infestation, you need to treat your house and maybe yard too.

These products are not repellents - fleas have to come into contact with your dog for them to be effective. If you live in a hot climate with year-around fleas, you need to do more than just treat your dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs