Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 11:11 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,024,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poems22 View Post
My 4 year old terrier/chihuahua mix has his 1st seizure today. I am now wondering if the change in flea treatment might have been the cause of his seizure. I switched him to PetArmor about 2 weeks ago from FrontLinePlus. Anyone have any other similar experiences? I'm taking him to his regular vet tomorrow. We will see what the vet thinks.
if your dog was ok with frontline, he SHOULD be ok with PetArmour.... Pet Armour has the same active ingredient in the same levels as FrontLine.... it is possible that your little fella may be sensitive to the inert ingredients in PetArmour.... what did his vet say??

Old 08-01-2011, 09:36 PM

862 posts, read 1,642,732 times
Applied Pet Armor today. If anything, Jack doesn't seem to be reacting to it the same way he did with the Frontline which is a good thing. He always seemed not to feel the best, moped, appeared sad after Frontline was applied. While Frontline didn't make him ill, the vet said the smell might bother him. Didn't happen with the Pet Armor. Now just need to wait and see if it keeps the fleas off. Got my fingers crossed.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:20 PM

2 posts, read 33,145 times
Default Petarmour

Hello,

I have a 1 and a half year old border collie who is a very healthy dog. I use a presciption flea medicine for her normally from her vet but it is not for ticks. We were planning on a camping trip and wanted to protect her from ticks so we decided to try this product. I put it on her at 7:30am and by 10:00 she had the runs. The next day she still had the runs and started throwing up. I called my vet, told them what I used and that she was healthy till I put it on her and they told me to bring her right in and bring the product. They hooked her up to IV and put fluid under her skin to hydrate her and gave her something to help with her throwing up. THis lasted about 4-5 days. I contacted the ASPCA and put in a claim to try to get reimburrsed for the vet bill but I was turned down. The DR that left the message was very cold and didnt seem to care. He said he didnt know what else to say but he did not approve it and that it was not the medicine that did it to her. Funny thing is is that she is a very healthy dog and never had any issues till that day when it was put on her. I will NEVER use this product again nor will I recommend it to any friends. The waiting room was full at the vet and I told people what did it and suggested they dont use it. My dogs are like my children and I treat them with the best care I can. I will never put any of my dogs through that again! Bad bad stuff!!!! Stay away from it!!!

Old 08-04-2011, 02:35 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,676,227 times
Mercedes67, Sorry to hear the story.

Unfortunetely, we all share the blame. For a long time we kept saying that the active ingredients are the same and the inert is what makes the difference. The inert on both are basically a fluid to let the glands and hair disperse the solution over the body. Bioth are basicaly the same with little real differences (used in many animal products like shampoos and medicated creams).
BUT,
I found out that Frontline sources their active and inert ingredients from a specialized factory in Germany that has a long history of better than average quality control.
PetArmor is a exclusive of WalMart and they set a price point too low for that German (or any european or north american) factory could do. Their demand for low prices could not be met by anyone but two groups, one in India and one in China. Both these countries are the two worst for product contamination, horrible quality control, and low standards. This is where the active and inert ingredients for PetArmor comes from.

Considering that under 2% of Frontline complaint is the animal got sick compared to Pet Armor which is about 40% complaint that it caused the animal to get sick, I'm starting to get think the product is harmful to dogs and cats. Many people have stopped using products from China and India just because of ALL the prodblems that seem to always pop up and this may be the next one that makes big news.

Hope all works out well for you.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:45 AM

2 posts, read 33,145 times
Thank you PacificFlights,

She is back to her happy self again and back on her regular flea med. It was a sad time to watch her go through being so sick. Please pass on your wisdom of the product so no one else has to go through what I have. I am doing the same.

Have a wonderful day

Old 08-05-2011, 01:41 PM

6 posts, read 137,998 times
Default PetArmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
Wow, you posted the same thing 3 times. No other posts on any other topic. HMMMM....do you work for Frontline Plus??????????
Have you read any of the new posts about PetArmor? Some are getting good results and some are getting bad results, still no clear explanation for this. They're saying that the difference could be in the inert ingredients that spread it over the body, or that the fipronil percentages could be inconsistent. Some very interesting, but still inconclusive stuff has been written.
And no, I don't work for Frontline - I'm just a doggie-mommy on a budget who's really disappointed that I can't save a lot of money by using the PetArmor.
On a side note - we did save our receipt and Walmart gave us a full refund, no questions asked.
Would love to hear more on this subject if anyone has found out anything new.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:52 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,944,452 times
Fiproguard Plus? Also a generic formula, but I haven't heard any reviews for it. Has anyone tried this yet?

Old 08-09-2011, 03:16 PM

2 posts, read 32,956 times
DO NOT waste your money on Petarmour! It does not work at all! I put it on my dogs 3 wks ago and my dogs both got diarrhea and vomiting from it and it did not work on the fleas. Just gave them a bath a they both still had fleas and flea eggs on them. I am returning the unused product tonight.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:21 PM

2 posts, read 32,956 times
Thumbs down Re: PetAmour

Please DO NOT use this stuff, it does not work!!! I put it on my dogs 2 wks ago and both my dogs got diarrhea and vomiting from it and it did not work on the fleas. I just gave my dogs a bath and both still had live adult and baby fleas. I am returning the used product to the store tonight!

Old 08-09-2011, 03:45 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,024,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks12 View Post
DO NOT waste your money on Petarmour! It does not work at all! I put it on my dogs 3 wks ago and my dogs both got diarrhea and vomiting from it and it did not work on the fleas. Just gave them a bath a they both still had fleas and flea eggs on them. I am returning the unused product tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks12 View Post
Please DO NOT use this stuff, it does not work!!! I put it on my dogs 2 wks ago and both my dogs got diarrhea and vomiting from it and it did not work on the fleas. I just gave my dogs a bath and both still had live adult and baby fleas. I am returning the used product to the store tonight!

might be more effective if you got your stories straight.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.