Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 11:00 AM

268 posts, read 704,005 times

Advertisements

D, I wasnt allowed to rep VA again so soon

Old 02-28-2011, 11:09 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee 42 View Post
D, I wasnt allowed to rep VA again so soon
One of the smilies was from you, then!

Old 02-28-2011, 11:16 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
If you need to find something solid for them to eat, toss over some cooked boneless chicken.

I'd throw over some raw chicken, myself. The raw meat contains a high percentage of water, which they also need. Occasionally throw a raw chicken thigh with bone, too (they'll need the roughage).

Most latino markets sell their meat much cheaper than your american market.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:59 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,944,713 times
Cooked bones can be very dangerous to dogs - they splinter whereas the raw ones do not. I think it would be best if she threw over something that would not leave a trace. If something happened to one of the dogs, the couple could claim that her feeding them led to one of the dogs dying and she could face criminal charges since I believe in Florida it goes under the heading of damage to personal property in essence. I personally would just e-mail the HSUS, get their advice and go from there. They have more connections locally than I ever thought they would. FWIW, those dogs don't look like they are starving...just that they live in some conditions none of us here would ever subject our own animals to.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:35 PM

268 posts, read 704,005 times
Alley, steelstress did say RAW bones OR cooked boneless, which is, incidentally, how I feed my dogs. But your point is very well taken, she isnt the owner of the dogs, I would say, IF youre going to feed them, you go with a common kibble and nothing exotic or rich.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:25 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee 42 View Post
Alley, steelstress did say RAW bones OR cooked boneless, which is, incidentally, how I feed my dogs. But your point is very well taken, she isnt the owner of the dogs, I would say, IF youre going to feed them, you go with a common kibble and nothing exotic or rich.
OP, if you need to find something solid, get some canned food and refrigerate it to firm it up, them pack it in your hands like a ball so you can toss it over and it would most likely remain intact.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:35 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
LOL - thanks Dawn. Lets just say I've seen the above scenerio happen to a few different dog owners. Its so sad when their dogs aren't ever found by them again...so sad
I love it! How sad!

Old 02-28-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
If you need to find something solid for them to eat, toss over some cooked boneless chicken.

I'd throw over some raw chicken, myself. The raw meat contains a high percentage of water, which they also need. Occasionally throw a raw chicken thigh with bone, too (they'll need the roughage).

Most latino markets sell their meat much cheaper than your american market.
I thought chicken bones were really bad for dogs?

Old 02-28-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
Cooked bones can be very dangerous to dogs - they splinter whereas the raw ones do not. I think it would be best if she threw over something that would not leave a trace. If something happened to one of the dogs, the couple could claim that her feeding them led to one of the dogs dying and she could face criminal charges since I believe in Florida it goes under the heading of damage to personal property in essence. I personally would just e-mail the HSUS, get their advice and go from there. They have more connections locally than I ever thought they would. FWIW, those dogs don't look like they are starving...just that they live in some conditions none of us here would ever subject our own animals to.

When I first reported them to AC they were VERY thin. Borderline to slightly emaciated. Since Nov./Dec. I have been feeding them tons of treats, mostly from the doggie bakery in Petco. And tons of huge biscuits. I can see they have put on a little weight, not much. They look much thinner in person than in the pics.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:09 PM

I went to Petsmart and got them "FRESH PET", DELI FRESH (chicken, vegetable and rice formula) It is a 6 pound log sold in the refrigerator section there. I am going to break it up and make it into huge balls and roll it in my Life's Abundance dry dog food. I also got them some plastic squeaky toys and balls.
Note: those idiots put those dogs out at 8:15 this morning. It is 86 degrees out here and they are laying on dirt in this heat. Where are their brains???? NO WATER???
I just filled up their bowl for the 4th time today with nice, cold, ice water. The minute I went outside the husky/mix saw me and led me to that empty water bowl for more. He knows I follow him on the other side of the fence! How smart!
I love those poor doggies! ♥♥
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs